Patricia Reid-Merritt at Richard Stockton College

Patricia Reid-Merritt

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/16/14

SW400

I had her as a professor at Stockton over 20 years ago. I found her to be interesting and loved her class. Her lectures didn't bore me at all. Some people had problems with her and I am not sure why they did. People would say she didn't like white students but I am white so that theory is incorrect.

10/24/12

GSS2201

she's pretty fun and nice on a good day. But talks way too fast and expects you to read so much for her class, the amount is unrealistic with having other classes and a life. She will constantly remind you that your the working middle class and that you go to Stockton, not an Ivy League school. And that you'll never catch up to the upper class. Not very influential. Would never take a class with her again.

10/4/12

swok400

Had her many years ago for an sophomore yr class and went on to request her as my senior seminar professor although she intimidated me but I felt confident that I would walk out of her class senior yr ready to practice social work. I knew she would challenge me and that would better prepare me. She gets the job done!

10/2/12

SOWK4601

Had her for SOWK senr sem. Worst prof I've had since entering the SOWK program. So rude. Laughed in your face. Her way was the only way. She may be a smart woman, but she is SO unapproachable. I sat in her class scared to death to shar my OPINION. Do NOT take her, senior SOWK majors. Do yourselves a favor!

12/9/11

GAH1215

The course and Prof. were very hard, but she knows what she is doing. If you are really ready to learn more about another culture's dance get ready to work hard n sweat. It is worth it all in the end. This class put my body back in shape, and allows me to dance at a greater level now.This is a serious matter. :)

9/6/11

race444

4/13/11

GAH1215

Only requuired a few papers and 1 book. Dance was physically demanding. I put in my best effort but she always made it feel inadequate. She was disrespectful despite my interest and hard work. Seemed to pick favorites based on their ability to dance. Disliked the teacher, but the material was interesting to me.

4/4/11

SWSemSWK

Don't judge on first impression, she may seem tough at 1st bc she expects participation & picks on u when u dont raise your hand. Shes an easy grader though & a great social worker. Makes class interesting. Cares about social work students succeeding. May seem bold & blunt but really knows her stuff. Cancels class. No HW, just read & 2-3 essays

3/24/11

Dance01

I took her for a dance class. I got a A but she is by far the worst teacher at Stockton. She is very rude and disrespectful. She does not respect anyone or their opinion. I would never take her again.

12/30/10

GSS2201

despite the other comments i acutally had no problem with her class. it wasnt hard if you just read the material and did her papers. i would take her again.

12/7/10

gss2201

Without a doubt the WORST TEACHER i have ever had. going to class is pointless because the all essay tests are about info she never covers. She doesnt explain anything and pushes her opinion down your throat and forces you to swallow. She made me hate learning. I will never take her and suggest that you dont either.

12/1/10

AADanc

She definitely means business. Since it was a dance class she wasn't that demanding. She just expects you to participate to the best of your ability and do the required reading and papers. If you try, it's an easy A. I definitely recommend.

7/14/10

HistHist

Horrible professor...got an A but would NEVER take any course by her again...Avoid her by all means

5/8/10

SOWK2504

This teacher isn't organized at all. The tests are all essays and you need to read the book because her lectures don't help at all! She talks way to fast and doesn't like when students ask questions. If you don't think the same way as her, you're wrong. I will NEVER take her again!

4/11/10

histhist

I agree with the other rating she speaks way too fast, if you didnt understand what she said the first time around your sol- shes not repeating herself without making you feel stupid. if you can just avoid her. Got an A- in the class but believe me would never take her again!

4/5/10

amerafri

talks very fast, doesnt explain what she means if there is confusion shes not nice : (

11/8/09

Gss3746

Dr. Reid-Merritt thinks she's spouting wisdom, but she's largely misinformed, and ****. She gives black studies professors a bad name.

3/27/09

GSS3795

She was rude, disrespectful, and often just wrong. She did not explain her points well. I did okay in the course, but you cannot miss a single day.

10/21/08

ALL0000

I GOT A B+ BUT SHE IS NOT A NICE TEACHER WOULD NEVERRRR TAKE HER AGAIN I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR THE REST OF THE CLASS ON THAT AS WELL

More Social Work professors at Richard Stockton College