in Georgia Perimeter College - Decatur that teach Communication Edit
Donald Rudolph Turk
Professor in the Communication department
at Georgia Perimeter College - Decatur, Decatur, GA
are you Donald Rudolph Turk?

05/29/2012
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easy A. He's hot. Go to class because he has pop quizes. I took him for Public Speaking. totally worth it. not only do you learn a couple of thing but you should be able to get a good grade

05/09/2012
good
Comm1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best professor I ever had at GPC.. He is awesome! He is very helpful, will work with you. Explains the assignments to the T. He is also very creative in making the class very real world like and incorporating different elements... Take him you'll enjoy it..

01/09/2012
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. If you ever need help and you are having a hard time with anything just ask him for help and he'll be more than glad to help.

01/02/2012
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am surprised others thought he was difficult- I had a very easy time in his class. One thing I will say is that his midterm was tricky. You need to study for it. But you will enjoy his class because of how great and involved a professor Turk is. The class is informal, and he loves to chat instead of lecture. Take him!

11/30/2011
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really nice professor, tries to help you anytime he can. He is also really funny and tries to keep things interesting. If you miss a speech he lets you make it up at the end of the term as long as you have a valid excuse. I'll miss his class!

06/26/2011
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If holding a person accountable makes him hard then I guess he's hard but if you show up to class, read what is given to you to read, do your speeches to the best of your ability and ask questions when you are lost, I don't know you get anything less than a B and you will get an A more than likely. You will learn in his class !

05/10/2011
good

I really enjoyed his class! 3 speeches, two tests (midterm and final). The midterm was multiple choices and the final was a take home) His class is not difficult. He is really helpful! I really recommend him!

01/27/2011
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best u can find for comm at gpc and he is hot and taken ladies.... Yeah TAKEN!

12/15/2010
COMM1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I somewhat enjoyed his class. But so much reading!! The articles got boring after a while. He is very knowledgeable, but makes it harder than what it has to be. He uses difficult language and when he teaches he is all over the place and he talks, talks and talks. He is only alright.

12/03/2010
good
COMM1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed the subject matter of this class. The instructor seems very intelleigent and knowledgable about human communications. He made sure we knew what assignments were due and when they were due, if i had any questions he was very helpful and explained things so that i could understand them, sometimes though he would speak too quickly. I learned

11/30/2010
good
COMM1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A lot of reading assignments, but I actually enjoyed reading them because they widen my knowledge. Great teacher.

11/14/2010
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

BEST PROFESSOR EVER!!!!! This man knows his stuff.....speaks like the most intelligent man on the face of this earth....he is like a walking dictionary. He expects you to do your work..but heck, this is college...if you do not want to learn...stay home...don't waste Don's time. He is awesome. And so fine!!!! Fo shizzle my nizzle!

09/14/2010

I didn't enjoy the class, but I did enjoy looking at him. =D

08/12/2010
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Other than there being too many speeches, 1201 and Dr. Turk I thought were a very very helpful. Don't assume his relaxedness about attendance means you're not gonna miss a lot when youre absence. He doesn't take roll but if you don't come to class you miss a bunch!

08/09/2010
good
COMM1100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you take this dude you better get ready to read A LOT. I've never had a prof who assigned so many research articles, but they all very ibneresting. I liked his style. Always interested in feedback and is very connected to his students. tests are hard but he greades on a curve. Good class. Take him. I learned a butt load bout comm from him

08/07/2010
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Public Speaking with this prof in Summer. It was fast-pased course but overall I really liked how he taught. Very interesting and understands his students. Group presentation was one of the best parts of the class. don't miss class unless you want to fall behind.

07/28/2010
good
comm1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best teacher ever!! Take him, you will not regret it. You will wish he taught more than communication. He is very fair in his grading. I received an A and even people who did not do so well received a good grade. Take him!!

06/30/2010
good

Best prof I ever had! I've takin about everybody in the comm department and I thought his class was the best. He's a tough grader and expects a lot but if you stay on track you'll do good.

06/21/2010
Comm1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Go back to the first few pages of these comments for the truth. He treats students as if they are stupid if they ask a question. He wastes so much time talking in circles until it feels like your head is going to spin off and you still don't get an answer. Pop qzs. Outlines were full sent. Take home final? Write the equiv of 3 more speeches.

06/18/2010
good
COMM1201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Don is everything a good professor needs to be. Everything seems tough on paper but he encourages you to work for your grade and that is very rewarding. He grades on content rather than deliver because he understands that people may be nervous. He is also a very interesting person and extremely well-spoken. I don't recall a single "um" or "uh."