in Broward College (all campuses) that teach Biological Sciences Edit
Jacqueline Conrad
Professor in the Biological Sciences department
at Broward College (all campuses), Fort Lauderdale, FL
are you Jacqueline Conrad?
11/25/2014
good
BSC2085 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read" "Tests are tough" "Skip class? You won't pass."

She is okay. I like how fair she is with her students. Her test are hard meaning HOWEVER the assignments such as the clicker questions and modules online make up for it. You can have C's for each quiz but with the help of clickers and modules you'll have a B in the class. If you striving for A's stay away.

11/25/2014
good
BSC2085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tests are tough" "Lectures are long"

Mrs. Conrad is the best lecture giver, but I agree with her test being very hard, she is Never specific on what is going to be on her test. The upside is that she gives a lot of extra credit. It's not impossible to get an A, but you have to be ready to study 2-3 hours DAILY. If your lazy you wont pass this class!

11/07/2014
good
BSC2085 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Participation matters" "Big time extra credit" "Would take again"

Currently have her for A&P 1. I am learning a lot from her. Each class there are a series of 3-6 clicker questions on material from the previous class (this is how she checks attendance and gives extra credit). Tests are a combo of multiple choice, matching, short answers and there are bonus questions on each test- which is great. Getting an A!

10/30/2014
Bsc2085 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Gives good feedback" "Tough Grader"

I'm failing her class, she doesn't tell you what to expect on the exam and is really hard on grading. If you take this class be prepared to study at least two hours a day. A couple of us are failing this class this semester.

10/19/2014
bsc2085 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Respected by students" "Tests are tough"

This class is hard and requires a lot of effort, if your not up to studying 2-5 hours of studying a day then don't take this course! Shes an amazing teacher and probably the best it gets, but she never is clear what is going to be on the test so you have to study everything. The key to pass her class is to: record the lecture& print lecture notes

10/16/2014
good
BSC2085 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "Get ready to read" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I'm currently taking Professor Conrad for Anatomy 1, she's awesome, I love her, I failed my first test only because I did not study!!!! I underestimated her, she test hard, but trust me when I say this, you will learn!!! It's not an easy course over all, and if you choose an easy route you will suffer in the long run.

06/09/2014
good
mcb2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Ok here is the deal, micro is a hard class, u HAVE to study. Hw difference with Dr. Conrad is she loves micro, she enjoys teaching it. If you are not interested in really learning micro, do not take her, take someone else that would make it easy for a grade. I loved her class and what i learned. I should be mndatory for Everyone. Its amazing.

05/23/2014
good
MCB2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took her for lecture and lab. She gives a ton of extra credit. But I agree with others on how she never reviews for tests. For her tests, you basically have to study EVERYTHING because you never know what you're gonna get, and it's ALOT of info. Don't take with other classes.

04/22/2014
bsc2085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Her class seemed like something I could handle but when it came to the tests everything i studied went down the drain. Her tests are very hard and she does not review and is not specific on what to study. Do not take her unless you plan on spending all semesters focused on this class alone.

03/12/2014
Bsc2085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's nice and will help but is not specific on her tests and what to study. Her tests can be tricky and hard so study hard. Not going to be a somewhat easy course to take with her.

12/17/2013
good
MCB2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is beyond amazing professor and person.I dont understand some of the bad comments.If you put your effort into it,you should be fine.My advise is to record her lectures.I took her for API,Micro lab and lecture and in all of those classes I got over 100%.A lot of opportunities for extra credit especially in Micro lab and lecture.She is the best!!

12/17/2013
bsc2086 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

her test are very hard, because the way she made it is impossible to pass. she does not review and does not give extra credits. I will recommend to take a different professor.

11/05/2013

Did not enjoy her class at all,her test are hard even if you study. I would advice if you want to take this class take it alone bacause its alot of materials you need to know. Does not give student any review if you could find some one else do it just avoid her.

10/24/2013
2086 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

se does not review for exams and what's on test it is so hard that it is impossible to pass

08/22/2013
good
mcb2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

she was awsesome. i was so interested in her class. theres so much opportunity to raise you grade. tests are straight foward. absolutely loved her. got over 100% in both lecture and lab.

08/13/2013
good
Mcb2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One word... "AMAZING" she is tough but I have learned so much just from taking her class. She really knows her stuff!!!! just come to class on time participate in clickers print her power point outlines and record her. her tests are directly from her outlines if you study from them you'll be fine. Anyone who gave her bad ratings were just lazy.

08/13/2013
good

Dr. Conrad is one of the best professor's I have ever taken. Her test are form her outlines and class discussions. No trick questions. She explains and gives you everything you need to understand the material. she will meet with you if you need to. GREAT PROFESSOR A++++ college professor. If you put in the time to review, your grade will relect it

08/08/2013
good
BSC2086 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best professor ever, I absolutely love her method of teaching, she is a true example of a model educator. She inspired me to learn, I wish I had her for every course at BCC.

08/08/2013
good
MCB2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is an AMAZING professor. I took her for micro lab and lecture and I was a bit nervous becasue of the horror stories I read on here but I'm so glad I took her. I learned so much and she teaches in a way that makes you understand. Print her outlines and take notes off of them and you should be fine. She gives allot of extra credit.

06/05/2013
good
BSC2085L Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Prof. Conrad!! She is very helpful and give loads of extra credit and its easy extra credit like labeling and coloring. She gave us an quiz every week but its usually the material you covered the week before. Her exams are fill in's but she prepares you and of course you're own studying for it. It may be intimidating but its passable.