Lamata Mitchell at Rock Valley College

Number of ratings 60 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

5/8/14

Eng 103

Grade ReceivedB

Great teacher. I took her hybrid course. She is organized, down to earth and easy to relate to. She is very clear and concise in providing you with useful techniques that you can apply to your papers.

5/19/12

ENG103

Terrible teacher. I received no communication whatsoever. She had no interest in clarifying anything. I was furious because I received a zero on an assignment that I had trouble with even though she had not emailed me back for WEEKS. Granted I got a B, but I seriously do not recommend her. AWFUL CLASS!!!!!

8/2/11

ENG103

This class was awful. She never communicated with me and as a result received poor grades for some assignments. There wasn't a lot of work, but she is obviously teaching the class for money and not the students.

7/15/11

Lit155

Horrible teacher. I took this class online and she is so unbelievably disorganized. I have never taken a class with so little communication. She does not tell you why you got your grades. Granted, you can get an A+ with minimal work, but the class is a joke. It is still ridiculously easy though. Easiest transfer class EVER.

12/22/10

ENG103

Worst teacher I have ever had! I took her class online. No communication at all. Weeks would go by after I emailed her with no response. I took college level ENglish in highschool and got A's but this lady failed me. I take online classes for my bachelors degree and have gotten nothing but As.She leaves no criticism on assignments after failing you

3/4/10

eng103

very hard class!!!! I tried so hard, I spent so long on each paper, and I could not get a good grade no matter how hard I tried. I wish i wouldve taken a different class my almost perfect GPA dropped as a result of a class I never had a chance at, I understand grading tough, but I tried so hard to write better and do what she wanted

2/16/10

1/3/10

ENG103

Online. Received an A, but definitely had to work for it! Tough grader. Expect to put in a good amount of time/thought each week for your assignments. Clear expectations. Reasonable assignments. Best instructor I've had in leading students through the process of writing a research paper. Never met her. Helpful and insightful.

12/7/09

Eng103

Whatever you do, don't use Wikipedia for any research papers. Apparently it's an unreliable source and will get you a D instantly on your paper.

12/7/09

Eng103

She is the worse teacer i've ever had... Very hard grader! if she doesnt like you she will make sure u fail! me and this kid would copy eachother and we would have the same answers, but when we got our papers back he would always have a higher score! Trust me im not just saying this cuz she failed me but DO NOT TAKE HER unless you want to fail!

11/25/09

engli103

I was not getting the good grades that I get when I work hard,so I attepmted to talk to her and understand what I was doing wrong on the papers so could try to write my papers better, I am an A student, I gave 100% to that class and got my lowest grade in college so the class seemes kind of hopeless. She was not very helpful at all

11/18/09

ENG103

She is a really tough grader. She thinks because she has a doctorate she knows everything and is better than everybody else. I would steer clear of her. She is very vague in her instructions and doesn't care much about her students.

8/19/09

Eng103

She IS very hard on gradeing

8/6/09

eng103

I took her for english 103 online and it was terrible. Most of the class dropped because she was giving people failing grades on assignments/papers for no reason. Do not take her

6/18/09

LIT252

Fantastic literature teacher and wants to hear your opinions and ideas on what has been read. She is a tough grader, but you'll definitely learn a lot from her.

5/18/09

engd

terrible. didn't learn a thing, class was all filler no useful knowledge to be gained.plays favorites.

4/7/09

ENG103

Mrs. Mitchell is a wonderful English teacher! I actually liked being in class. We have only had three papers also! She is very helpful and you can come to her for any question you need. She is one of my favorite teachers!

4/7/09

Eng103

I love Mitchell and her accent! I really hate english but she made it interesting. All we read was short stories of topics everyone can relate to. However, she is does grade hard. Only had to write 2 papers. I would def take her again.

12/10/08

ENG103

worst teacher i have ever had at rock valley. she doesnt document grades, papers are unclear and graded completely unjustly and randomly. has strange expectations for a 103 class and plays FAVORITES like nothing i have ever seen. DO NOT TAKE HER.

12/7/08

HIST101

Make sure you come to class or you'll fail. The novels you'll read are good, but she makes it nearly impossible for an A. Plays favorites, EXTREMELY picky on grading standards, and is too wordy in the way she takes notes or explains things that it's pointless listening to her. I love writing and reading, but her teaching style's horrible.

More English professors at Rock Valley College