Dean Morier at Mills College

Dean Morier

Number of ratings 16 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/22/13

PSYC155

I was really interested in taking the class before I met Dean. I now want to avoid any classes taught by him.His exams are more based on what he says in class than the readings. That would be fine if he said anything relating to Social Psychology(eg. useless tangents). Avoid as much as possible(although impossible with Mills' limited psych profs)

4/20/11

PSYC148

Lively and engaging but you'll do just fine just reading the textbook. Class is for learning what will be on the exams, the research report and what he expects from you academically. Very helpful during office hours. I learned a lot more about Dean's personal life than some of the material we discussed.

11/30/09

psych180

This man is a bully if you don't agree with him and his philosophy of the world. He's arrogant and has his wife correct papers. Pretty unprofessional.

4/16/09

Psyc000

Seems to lack a filter at times. Calls students out in front of the class on things that really are not appropriate, like the students level of discomfort with someone. Makes lots of jokes, most of which are funny but some can be offending

11/15/08

PSYC155

Dr. Morier goes off on tangents a lot when using examples, but surprisingly, that's what makes his teaching great. He uses real life examples to help use connect to the material. Funny every class. I have never been bored for a second in his class. A great guy.

2/9/08

avoid the tangents

5/22/07

PSYCH155

Dean really is a funny guy, and his humor is endearing, but frankly, I'm a little surprised at the blind praise he's gotten here. I signed up for the class as a complement to my Anth/Soc major, and while I learned some fundamentals about the discipline I wish I'd just read the textbook at my leisure instead. I can't believe we only get 350 char

8/16/06

PSYCH180

It can be hard to tell what he's looking for in students' exams. I know I knew the material very well, yet still only pulled an average grade. I guess everyone else also knew the material very well?

4/25/05

PSYC

Awesome! This is an example of an excellent teacher.

12/9/04

Psych 155, 151

Great lecturer, and very enthusiastic about the subject. However,I completely agree with the reviewer who said that he can be moody (his mood also tends to be unpredictable)- make sure not to get on his bad side. Even so, I would recommend taking a class from him.

9/24/04

Soc Psych

He's one of my favorite teachers at Mills! Very informative, interesting, encouraged student participation. Plus, he look's like Billy Joel!

4/2/04

psych

Rater Interest

hilarious! Speak up in class and you'll do well.

11/22/03

psych

Rater Interest

Very smart guy, but moody and unpredictable. When he's in a good mood, he's very charismatic. When he's in a bad mood, stay away!

4/28/03

psyc 155

2/25/03

PSYC 155

Rater Interest

One of the best teachers I have every had. Funny, inspiring.

1/31/03