in Mills College that teach Psychology Edit
Professor in the Psychology department
at Mills College, Oakland, CA
are you Dean Morier?

01/22/2013
PSYC155 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was really interested in taking the class before I met Dean. I now want to avoid any classes taught by him.His exams are more based on what he says in class than the readings. That would be fine if he said anything relating to Social Psychology(eg. useless tangents). Avoid as much as possible(although impossible with Mills' limited psych profs)

04/20/2011
good
PSYC148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Lively and engaging but you'll do just fine just reading the textbook. Class is for learning what will be on the exams, the research report and what he expects from you academically. Very helpful during office hours. I learned a lot more about Dean's personal life than some of the material we discussed.

11/30/2009
psych180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This man is a bully if you don't agree with him and his philosophy of the world. He's arrogant and has his wife correct papers. Pretty unprofessional.

04/16/2009
good
Psyc000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Seems to lack a filter at times. Calls students out in front of the class on things that really are not appropriate, like the students level of discomfort with someone. Makes lots of jokes, most of which are funny but some can be offending

11/15/2008
good
PSYC155 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Morier goes off on tangents a lot when using examples, but surprisingly, that's what makes his teaching great. He uses real life examples to help use connect to the material. Funny every class. I have never been bored for a second in his class. A great guy.

02/09/2008

avoid the tangents

05/22/2007
good
PSYCH155 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dean really is a funny guy, and his humor is endearing, but frankly, I'm a little surprised at the blind praise he's gotten here. I signed up for the class as a complement to my Anth/Soc major, and while I learned some fundamentals about the discipline I wish I'd just read the textbook at my leisure instead. I can't believe we only get 350 char

08/16/2006
PSYCH180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It can be hard to tell what he's looking for in students' exams. I know I knew the material very well, yet still only pulled an average grade. I guess everyone else also knew the material very well?

04/25/2005
good
PSYC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome! This is an example of an excellent teacher.

12/09/2004
good
Psych 155, 151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great lecturer, and very enthusiastic about the subject. However,I completely agree with the reviewer who said that he can be moody (his mood also tends to be unpredictable)- make sure not to get on his bad side. Even so, I would recommend taking a class from him.