in Cuyahoga Community College (all campuses) that teach Philosophy Edit

12/12/2014
philo1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+
"Lectures are long" "Tests? Not many" "Participation matters"

As long as you pay attention, you should be fine. its 25% participation, 25% quizestests, 25% presentation, and 25% homework. There's only like 9 homework assignments. The class is pretty inspirational. Pretty good class. Easy A

12/05/2014
Philosophy 1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I just took the class this semester and to say she should not be teaching. She does not post grades in blackboard. When I emailed her asking for my grade she made up an excuse then had the nerve to tell me my attendance was poor and that it will affect my grade. I missed the same amount of days she did. My class was 1 day a week. HORRIBLE PROFESSOR

04/23/2014
good
PHIL 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

I had Ms. Tobin last semester. She is very fair & breaks down difficult concepts with a lot of examples. You have to read the book but pretty simple exams. I would take her again. Enjoyed the class.

03/19/2014
PSY 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Tobin was dull to listen to. She had a way of talking to, and about students that made me believe she thought herself to be on a higher level of thinking than the rest of us. If she didn't understand a question we asked, she would act as if we were stupid- and it wasn't her fault for not understanding what we were asking

12/23/2013
PHIL 1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took an 8 week hybrid with her. I found it annoying that she didn't grade very much of our work and didn't believe that we read the book. I read the chapter and took notes every week. The questions on the test were nothing like she or the book explained. I would not recommend her to anyone. She is nice but not teacher material.

08/06/2012
HUM1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Summer 5 week session online was too easy. Never touched my book. Quizzes allowed 2 attempts, I just got the answers the first time and used them to take it again. Tobin seems kind of airy and careless. Not very helpful or quick with questions. She explained the final poject requirements AFTER the due date. This class was a no brainer though.

12/17/2010
HUM1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I would not recommend this professor. Her grading is totally subjective. She takes an unusual amount of time to post grades for assignments. Her teaching caused me to experience both apathy and melancholia. Her, seemingly, lack of dedication to the development of her students is disheartening because she rarely provides constructive feedback.

12/16/2008
HUM1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher takes her class way too seriously- she makes you do a lot of outside work that is hardly relevant to the class besides the fact that it is after all, only a 1010 class. I also think she isn't very knowledgable about what she is teaching- usually she is basically regurgitating what the book says. I do not recommend her as a teacher.