in Boston University that teach Philosophy Edit
at Boston University, Boston, MA
are you Franco Cirulli?

04/11/2013
good
CC102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great guy. Totally approachable. Loves discussing in class, very hands on. He makes the reading clear as day and interesting. Highly recommend

04/09/2013
CC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

one really good thing about cirulli is that he allows you to rewrite your papers. besides that, he gets extremely off topic and his discussion is more like a lecture I'd recommend taking his class if you are willing to work and try to participate and rewrite your essays then you'll get an A take a different professor for a education experience

07/20/2012
good
CC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really nice and funny guy. Loves to tell stories and get to know his students. Always open for office hours and enjoys talking to students that come. He'll help you on your papers and doesn't give quizzes or tests. The only thing is he hates when his students use phones during class (understandably). Really good teacher overall

11/21/2010
good
CC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Cirulli is a solid discussion teacher - gets off topic a bit and asks some funky discussion questions sometimes. Lets you re-write all of the papers in class which is really helpful! Read the books don't use sparknotes!

09/25/2010
good
CC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Prof. Cirulli for both semesters of core freshman year. I loved his quirky way of teaching and how I always felt included in the conversation. I also enjoyed that he never really shot down our ideas, just molded them with our help until they were more "right". Office hours were very helpful with papers!

10/06/2009

I chose to take Core with this prof. last year after reading the good reviews. But I did not find him at all clear. He did not mention until the end of the semester that we could have revised our papers for a better grade. I think he confused us with his other class, which put us at a disadvantage. Also, very awkward to talk to.

11/16/2008
good

Professor Cirulli is helpful, insightful, and above all an affable person. He makes clever jokes, and has a sound understanding of all the texts-which he communicates brilliantly. My only issue was that I found him to be a very easy grader. Moreover, any criticisms he had were often based on difference in opinion. That being said, he is wonderful.

11/10/2008
good

I think he grades pretty easy on the papers. I wrote mine the day before and always got As. He's extremely helpful on papers. He'll extend office hours, look over papers, and even e-mail *very* helpful tips to get you started. The discussions themselves are nothing special and sometimes get off track, but they're interesting at least. He's fun!

11/04/2008
cc101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hard to follow. Digresses too much from discussion.

01/28/2008
good
CC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took him as part of the Core Curriculum. His discussions are clear and brings some good moments, but nothing that would awe students either. I would not be surprised there are better core professors around, as I heard others with equal knowledge manage to be more engaging. Still, I found his class very enjoyable.

07/25/2007
good
CC105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Cirulli is one of the best teachers I have EVER had. He care very much for both his students and the subject, is polite and considerate, and is always willing to help students with papers. He holds 8 hour office hours before papers are due, allows rewrites and discusses the material as long as time allows. Take his class, he's great!

05/19/2007
good
cc102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the nicest men EVER. Very considerate and approachable. Office hours improved my opinion of him. Very knowledgeable (esp about Dante) and insightful. Relatively easy-going and occasionally funny. Awesome.

04/09/2007
good

He's a pretty tough grader on papers, but you can rewrite all of them for a higher grade. It helps to go to his office hours or email him drafts of your paper. In class discussions tend to go off track but they're interesting.

12/18/2006
good

Very helpful and very considerate, always available and willing to work with students. Plus he's a pretty easy grader, but at the same time gets points across

05/18/2005
good
PH310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Cirulli is very laid back. He shows up about 5 minutes late for every class which is nice for people like myself that are habitually late. 1 in class examine which he gave us the questions to before the test and 2 papers. The secret to papers is send him your rough draft to read before the paper is due. Awesome class!