in University of Houston that teach Art History Edit
at University of Houston, Houston, TX
are you Jeryn Woodard?

11/23/2014
good
1381 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "Would take again" "Amazing lectures"

Woodard is an amazing professor! I adored her class. Her tests were really easy as long as you showed up to at least 14 of the lectures and scanned the textbook. She is always giving extra points if she's happy, i.e., she gave 5 points to the students who arrived the day after the first test. She never took attendance, but you should go.

05/08/2014
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

This class was super interesting! Everything that you need to know for the test is talked about in lecture, so take notes! I used the book a couple times during the semester to read sections that she had assigned but it was not necessary. There is an extra credit assignment to help boost your grade. I highly recommend this class.

05/02/2014
good
ARTH 1330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+

Her class was the highlight of my semester! First of all let me say that her style was so adorable. Anyways, as a professor she is awesome! She def loves ARTH and she really wants you to grasp the cultural part of it. Definitely worth it. Her class made me change the way I viewed art. 3 tests, 1 writing assignment and 15 pts of extra credit. EASY!!

04/27/2014
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof requires a courteous way of emailing her but does not return her emails the same way. Got a vibe of "arrogance" from her. Very knowledgable but be careful if you are not an art major. She forgets that a lot of her students are not art majors and sets her exams with MCQ that the choices are very tricky. Studied hard for her exams but got B's.

01/06/2014
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Her class was relatively straightforward. Read the book and show up to lecture. Her tests are straight from the book.

12/03/2013
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Such a great prof. Took this class to get my art credit out of the way and it ended up being my fave class. She's very passionate about the subject, if you pay attention and keep up you'll do fine. Only 3 tests and 1 paper. No cumulative final. Tests aren't the easiest, but studying helps a lot. Really got me interested in art.

11/10/2013
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She's a great teacher in general, but the class isn't super easy. I failed my first test but got a 90 on the next and she offers 15 pt extra credit which should help me get an A by the end of the semester. Her lectures are interesting... but she goes too fast! All in all, not a bad proff though.

05/07/2013
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. She's super passionate about what she teaches which makes the material more interesting. Show up to class, take good notes (I also recorded her lectures), study and you will likely make an A. Her tests are mostly based on her lectures but you will need the book. 3 tests, 1 paper, 1 extra credit paper.

03/21/2013
good
ARTH 1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class so much, and she's a great professor! Try not to miss any of the lectures, take good notes, and you'll do fine. Don't take this class if you're only looking to get an easy A. You must put in the effort to get it.

12/12/2012
good
ARTH1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. Professor Woodard, is really into her lectures. She wants you to learn. I am making my minor art history. Three test, one paper. Study for them and show up to class and you will do well.

12/07/2012
good
ARTH1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I just took this class to get my art credit out of the way. This ended up being my favorite class. She makes it interesting but her tests are not easy. You have to study and take good notes in class. If you do that, then you will make good grades. I thought the grading for her paper was harder than she said so be thorough. I would recommend her.

08/15/2012
good
ARTS1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

smart, comprehensive, and passionate, but very hard. she doesn't make multiple choices questions or matching so you will have to memorize all the informations and write them all down (kind of overload for me, there's a lot to study). write fast or you won't have enough time.

08/02/2012
good
ARTH1380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's a great teacher. I'd take her again. Tests are easy if you pay attention in class. she'll point out anything that you need to read in the book that she wont cover in class. she gives 2 chances for extra credit and the essays are easy if you put some work into them. She's very clear on the guidelines.

12/04/2011
good
HIST1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I liked her a lot. She was very interesting and told us exactly what would be on the test. It is NOT an easy A but if you study and come to every class, you will do fine. Her tests are almost all essay and there are slide quizzes as well so if you are not good at memorizing, don't take her. One of my favorite classes, learned a lot!

11/10/2011
ARTH1380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very boring unless you're an art fanatic. She isn't the MOST boring teacher I just can't get into art. You have to study a couple days before the test for an A or a B. It's ok at best.

11/08/2011
good

She is a good teacher. I don't know why others said she wasn't good... I am a B student usually and I didn't put any extra effort into this class and came out with an A. If you just go to lectures and listen than you will do fine. I studied the night before the tests and made A's on all of them. She is hot too so going to class isn't to bad.

04/21/2011
AHist2341 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jeryn Woodard is a nice person, however she is the worst professor I have ever had. As an art history major, I was shocked to hear so many mistakes in her lectures. (places, dates, etc.)Although I made an A in the class, the tests are ridiculous. Think twice before enrolling in this class.

04/19/2011
AHist4394 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jeryn Woodard is a nice lady, however, so much of what she lectures is completely incorrect, and if a mere student is aware of that fact... well, I don't think that speaks highly of her teaching ability. I made an A, but I would never recommend her, nor would I take another one of her classes. The tests were in a word, excessive.

06/28/2010
Art1380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I wish the school would fire some of these useless teachers. She always had appointments with the doctor because her baby is due, class only held twice a week, yet 80% of the time class is canceled. The test is ridiculously hard. i actually study too, wth !!!! gave me such a bad impression of UH, i know the school is not bad just bad teachers.

04/21/2010
good
arth1381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Love Prof Woodard! she is very clear on what you need to know for exams and the paper. Lectures are not boring, she really knows her stuff, she is one of the reasons i changed my major to art history! go to class and take notes and read the chapters and you will be fine.