Jeryn Woodard at University of Houston

Jeryn Woodard

Number of ratings 29 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

5/8/14

ARTH 1381

This class was super interesting! Everything that you need to know for the test is talked about in lecture, so take notes! I used the book a couple times during the semester to read sections that she had assigned but it was not necessary. There is an extra credit assignment to help boost your grade. I highly recommend this class.

5/2/14

ARTH 1330

Grade ReceivedA+

Her class was the highlight of my semester! First of all let me say that her style was so adorable. Anyways, as a professor she is awesome! She def loves ARTH and she really wants you to grasp the cultural part of it. Definitely worth it. Her class made me change the way I viewed art. 3 tests, 1 writing assignment and 15 pts of extra credit. EASY!!

4/27/14

ARTH 1381

Prof requires a courteous way of emailing her but does not return her emails the same way. Got a vibe of "arrogance" from her. Very knowledgable but be careful if you are not an art major. She forgets that a lot of her students are not art majors and sets her exams with MCQ that the choices are very tricky. Studied hard for her exams but got B's.

1/6/14

ARTH 1381

Her class was relatively straightforward. Read the book and show up to lecture. Her tests are straight from the book.

12/3/13

ARTH 1381

Such a great prof. Took this class to get my art credit out of the way and it ended up being my fave class. She's very passionate about the subject, if you pay attention and keep up you'll do fine. Only 3 tests and 1 paper. No cumulative final. Tests aren't the easiest, but studying helps a lot. Really got me interested in art.

11/10/13

ARTH 1381

She's a great teacher in general, but the class isn't super easy. I failed my first test but got a 90 on the next and she offers 15 pt extra credit which should help me get an A by the end of the semester. Her lectures are interesting... but she goes too fast! All in all, not a bad proff though.

5/7/13

ARTH 1381

I really enjoyed this class. She's super passionate about what she teaches which makes the material more interesting. Show up to class, take good notes (I also recorded her lectures), study and you will likely make an A. Her tests are mostly based on her lectures but you will need the book. 3 tests, 1 paper, 1 extra credit paper.

3/21/13

ARTH 1381

I loved this class so much, and she's a great professor! Try not to miss any of the lectures, take good notes, and you'll do fine. Don't take this class if you're only looking to get an easy A. You must put in the effort to get it.

12/12/12

ARTH1381

I really enjoyed this class. Professor Woodard, is really into her lectures. She wants you to learn. I am making my minor art history. Three test, one paper. Study for them and show up to class and you will do well.

12/7/12

ARTH1381

I just took this class to get my art credit out of the way. This ended up being my favorite class. She makes it interesting but her tests are not easy. You have to study and take good notes in class. If you do that, then you will make good grades. I thought the grading for her paper was harder than she said so be thorough. I would recommend her.

8/15/12

ARTS1302

smart, comprehensive, and passionate, but very hard. she doesn't make multiple choices questions or matching so you will have to memorize all the informations and write them all down (kind of overload for me, there's a lot to study). write fast or you won't have enough time.

8/2/12

ARTH1380

She's a great teacher. I'd take her again. Tests are easy if you pay attention in class. she'll point out anything that you need to read in the book that she wont cover in class. she gives 2 chances for extra credit and the essays are easy if you put some work into them. She's very clear on the guidelines.

12/4/11

HIST1302

I liked her a lot. She was very interesting and told us exactly what would be on the test. It is NOT an easy A but if you study and come to every class, you will do fine. Her tests are almost all essay and there are slide quizzes as well so if you are not good at memorizing, don't take her. One of my favorite classes, learned a lot!

11/10/11

ARTH1380

Very boring unless you're an art fanatic. She isn't the MOST boring teacher I just can't get into art. You have to study a couple days before the test for an A or a B. It's ok at best.

11/8/11

ARTH1380

She is a good teacher. I don't know why others said she wasn't good... I am a B student usually and I didn't put any extra effort into this class and came out with an A. If you just go to lectures and listen than you will do fine. I studied the night before the tests and made A's on all of them. She is hot too so going to class isn't to bad.

4/21/11

AHist2341

Jeryn Woodard is a nice person, however she is the worst professor I have ever had. As an art history major, I was shocked to hear so many mistakes in her lectures. (places, dates, etc.)Although I made an A in the class, the tests are ridiculous. Think twice before enrolling in this class.

4/19/11

AHist4394

Jeryn Woodard is a nice lady, however, so much of what she lectures is completely incorrect, and if a mere student is aware of that fact... well, I don't think that speaks highly of her teaching ability. I made an A, but I would never recommend her, nor would I take another one of her classes. The tests were in a word, excessive.

6/28/10

Art1380

I wish the school would fire some of these useless teachers. She always had appointments with the doctor because her baby is due, class only held twice a week, yet 80% of the time class is canceled. The test is ridiculously hard. i actually study too, wth !!!! gave me such a bad impression of UH, i know the school is not bad just bad teachers.

4/21/10

arth1381

Love Prof Woodard! she is very clear on what you need to know for exams and the paper. Lectures are not boring, she really knows her stuff, she is one of the reasons i changed my major to art history! go to class and take notes and read the chapters and you will be fine.

4/15/10

ARTH1380

She is extremely nice. Her class is an easy A as long as you put forth some effort. the class is extremely interesting and takes your mind off of your other subjects. Im an engineering major and I actually looked forward to her class because it was different. Hope she comes back in the Fall.

More Art History professors at University of Houston