Barry Ries at Minnesota State University

Barry Ries

Number of ratings 12 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/13/11

PSYC455

Loved abnormal psychology! I'm not a psych major, but found his class to be very interesting. Great professor, uses lots of examples from his previous experience. If you take PSYC 455, I recommend taking it with Barry!

4/26/11

PSYC455

Dr. Ries is an entertaining and informative professor. He uses personal case studies and experiences to illustrate points made in class. His grading methods are very fair. He lets you take 4 tests & the final, and you drop the lowest one. However, he had us complete 5 article reviews that could only hurt your grade, not help. I loved his class.

9/23/10

AbnorPsyc

He is a good professor I give him that. However he teaches psychology, not theoretical physics at Harvard. His ego is huge and he often shot out political jokes revealing his personal opinions; it was unprofessional distasteful.

4/22/10

PSYCH455

The class was interesting and he makes it fun...though he is a little into himself. There are four tests and are off of his notes. Class isn't mandatory but you'll need the notes for the tests.

12/1/09

PSYC455

I read the first four chapters thinking that it would be a requirement for a good grade, but all you really need are his notes. He makes lectures fun. This class requires little studying so long as you are capable of paying attention in class - which isn't hard to do.

5/13/09

Psyc455

I loved this class and he kept it interesting. As long as you study the lecture notes, you will be fine on the tests. I never read the book, just looked over the study guide book and I did fine on the tests! I would highly recommend this class!

10/4/07

psyc455

Awesome teacher and awesome class. Loved every minute!

12/13/06

psych455

This class is a lot of fun to go to and informative, but his tests are hard and I do not know where he got some of his questions from, some were on things we never went over in class.

11/12/06

Psyc455

Dr. Reis is an entertaining professor, and his class is very interesting. I realize his class is a 400 level course, but I think he makes the tests a tiny bit harder than they need to be for the information that is covered. The part that scared me the most the first time I took his test was the essay question. Not many professors do that anymore

1/13/05

Abnormal

Very interesting class. I would recommend it to anyone. I accually looked forward to going to class. Tests are sometimes tough but if you go to class it is not hard. He is the most interesting prof I have ever had. He has great stories that will keep everyones attention.

12/10/04

Psych

Willing to take time to work with you.

2/2/03

PSYC

Rater Interest

hard class but hilarious, didn't want to miss a day

More Psychology professors at Minnesota State University