in Minnesota State University that teach Psychology Edit
at Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
are you Barry Ries?

10/13/2011
good
PSYC455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Loved abnormal psychology! I'm not a psych major, but found his class to be very interesting. Great professor, uses lots of examples from his previous experience. If you take PSYC 455, I recommend taking it with Barry!

04/26/2011
good
PSYC455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Ries is an entertaining and informative professor. He uses personal case studies and experiences to illustrate points made in class. His grading methods are very fair. He lets you take 4 tests & the final, and you drop the lowest one. However, he had us complete 5 article reviews that could only hurt your grade, not help. I loved his class.

09/23/2010
AbnorPsyc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is a good professor I give him that. However he teaches psychology, not theoretical physics at Harvard. His ego is huge and he often shot out political jokes revealing his personal opinions; it was unprofessional distasteful.

04/22/2010
good
PSYCH455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The class was interesting and he makes it fun...though he is a little into himself. There are four tests and are off of his notes. Class isn't mandatory but you'll need the notes for the tests.

12/01/2009
good
PSYC455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I read the first four chapters thinking that it would be a requirement for a good grade, but all you really need are his notes. He makes lectures fun. This class requires little studying so long as you are capable of paying attention in class - which isn't hard to do.

05/13/2009
good
Psyc455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class and he kept it interesting. As long as you study the lecture notes, you will be fine on the tests. I never read the book, just looked over the study guide book and I did fine on the tests! I would highly recommend this class!

10/04/2007
good
psyc455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher and awesome class. Loved every minute!

12/13/2006
psych455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is a lot of fun to go to and informative, but his tests are hard and I do not know where he got some of his questions from, some were on things we never went over in class.

11/12/2006
good
Psyc455 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Reis is an entertaining professor, and his class is very interesting. I realize his class is a 400 level course, but I think he makes the tests a tiny bit harder than they need to be for the information that is covered. The part that scared me the most the first time I took his test was the essay question. Not many professors do that anymore

01/13/2005
good
Abnormal Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very interesting class. I would recommend it to anyone. I accually looked forward to going to class. Tests are sometimes tough but if you go to class it is not hard. He is the most interesting prof I have ever had. He has great stories that will keep everyones attention.