Jacquelyn Troup at Cerritos College

Jacquelyn Troup

Number of ratings 131 / Average Grade:  F Submit a correction

7/6/14

soc101

Troup may be a great person, but as a professor, I'm sorry to say she is probably the worst one i've experienced so far. Make sure you ask her personally about exam dates. She posts dates on syllabus and then gives exams when she feels like, leaving you unprepared. You know what?Just choose another professor.

7/1/14

soc 101

She is an amazing teacher... but she REALLY goes off topic... she should talk about her dogs and about murder on her test instead of things about sociology...

1/13/14

soc 201

I loved Troup as a person, but my gosh she was a horrible teacher. I used MAYBE 6 pages to take notes the ENTIRE semester. In class we brought up or opened the book MAYBE 3 times. Then we were tested on readings that we never discussed in class. I would NEVER recommended her. Sorry. Not.

12/22/13

Soc 101

Ms. Troup is a very funny person!! But is not a good teacher, I would not recommend her if you need extra help because you basically put your self through the class. Her lectures never make sense and she gets off topic WAAYYYY too much!! A take home quiz and study groups are the only reason I passed

11/25/13

SOC 101

She is a really nice teacher and funny sometimes but her class is so hard! She doesn't explain anything and the only reason I'm doing good in her class is because she gave out extra credit points like crazy Her exam are base on the book make sure to read up. Also ask her if you could do a take home exam. She might consider it. It work for me ^^

11/11/13

SOC 101

The sem. is about to end & I currently have a 90% in the class (TYBG). Good hearted being, but I did find this class kinda stressful cuz her lectures constantly went off topic. Make sure you take any EC opp &READ the book. The test isn't just memorizing terms. & make friends w/ ppl next to you b/c study groups will be the best thing for this class.

10/23/13

SOC 101

1st day of class, everything was rambled. Topics flew different directions. 2nd day of class, never happened. One day was enough, I had to drop it.

10/15/13

SOC101

Goes off topic, grades are based only on exams. You will have to read the book if you want to pass.

9/4/13

Soc 101

Dont take her class she always goes off topic and never makes a clear explanation on what she wants on the essay which i got an F in , Take a diffirent teacher

8/19/13

Socio1

Grade ReceivedF

Don't, just don't. I learned more about her dogs than I did sociology. Worst professor ever!

8/1/13

Terrible teacher, wonderful human being. She is very nice but she is NEVER on topic! She goes into a lot of personal information, none of which has anything at all to do with sociology. Did not learn anything in her class. I ended up with a B in her class due to her extra credit opportunities.She also does not hand back papers in a timely fashion.

7/4/13

Soc 101

She is a great professor and human being. A lot of people complain about her methods I used to be one of them. I failed the first two take home tests due to my laziness got my stuff together did the extra credits and Aced the exam. I managed to pass so the rest of you who complained this is college and the grades depend on you not her.

21945082
6/24/13

SOC101

Troup is the most hilarious, entertaining teacher I ever had. I am not a morning person, but she made the class super interesting & easy. She handed out a study worksheet with 100 questions. I joined a study group of 10, we all would look for 10 answers each. The exact questions in the worksheet were on the exam! She gave a lot of extra credit too!

21918210
5/20/13

Soc 101

This class is ok. if your willing to read the book and try to gain knowledge off of it. moslty all the information and knowledge well come from the book. she doesnt lecture, she side tracks alot, and is absent alot! however she gives take home exam and extra credit. But grades partially harsh!

4/8/13

SOC101 SOC201

One of the BEST professors at the school. Those who complain about her 101 class did not keep up with the textbook. She is an expert sociologist and wonderful teacher who gives very clear instructions about what you need to do to succeed in her class. Complainers are expecting to be spoon-fed, as another reviewer pointed out.

11/28/12

Soc101

this lady never stays on topic all she does is yap yap and laughs out the nowhere you will be clueless of whats going on if you want to Fail be my guest and take her

8/21/12

socio101

I have no idea what class these few people were in, but she was a truly dedicated teacher, who took great pride in connecting with her students in a way that they could all understand. She brought humor, current events, and educational information to the classroom. I wasn't an A student and I still use her life and educational teachings today!,

8/14/12

SOC101

She is a great teacher and very funny. She knows how to apply the topic to real life, but as for the class over all it was very difficult. If you do not like writing essays in APA format I suggest u don't take her class.

5/18/12

SOC101

Mrs Troup NEVER stays on topic. instead, she delves into her personal life and opinions. She canceled most of our assignments due to students not doing them properly, basically punishing the whole class. She was absent for nearly 3 weeks because of health problems. And we had to SPEEEEED through the rest of our material due to our canceled classes.

5/16/12

socio101

She was fun, but I did not learn much, and there was a lot of personal talk, and not enough lecture. In addition, she completely changed the course in one day and through us all off, however I would Love just to hangout with her and hear all her jokes

More Sociology professors at Cerritos College