in University of California Irvine that teach Philosophy Edit
Professor in the Philosophy department
at University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA
are you Marcello Fiocco?

12/13/2013
Phil 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Extremely monotone!! No tests, just 3 essays summarizing the concepts we learned in our own words. I thought the material was kind of difficult for an intro class. Do the readings! I don't think lecture helped that much since I was trying to stay awake.

04/04/2013
Phil 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is knowledgeable in his field. However his teaching techniques are not conducive to learning. In the 1st Lec he states you will not understand the reading read it anyways. He then proceeds to get pissed every lec be cause we don't understand the text. He expects participation but if you don't give him the correct response he attacks you.

12/09/2011
good
PHIL4 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He values participation. Cannot stress that enough. DO NOT TAKE HIM EARLY! I had him at 9 a.m. and I practically snoozed through the course. You kinda need to show up too, because the reading is impossible (short but extremely dense). Your grade is basically three, three-page essays.

11/02/2011
good
Phil13 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a good straightforward lecturer, however, I find him pretty cocky. Even if his intentions are to get the class to participate/pay attention, I think he ends up making people feel stupid. Hate the 3 page limit ordeal too. Luckily, we have a kick ass TA!

05/03/2011
PHIL145 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've taken him before, and in both classes, he takes non-participation VERY personally and marks you down on essays for it. Go to class!, read, participate (a lot)!, and you can get an A. He gives 3 essays per quarter asking for very direct information on the content of the reading/lecture. He's eh. His material is interesting.