David Lamb at Hawaii Pacific University

David Lamb

Number of ratings 8 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/23/13

PHY 1020

Bad teacher. He is very unclear, and unwilling to help his students. He uses very vague wording in his tests and quizzes, which makes it difficult to do well. He also gives very few homework assignments, so it's difficult to raise your grade. I would not recommend taking any of his classes. Not a good teacher at all.

8/12/11

PHYS1020

I am not a huge science fan, but I wish I had him for all of my science classes! He is very passionate about what he is teaching and he keeps you interested in the topics. I thought he was really well organized, responds back to you quickly, and he actually puts an effort into his online classes. This is something some teachers lack. He's awesome!!

5/8/11

ENVS1020

Online course consisted of discussions, quizzes and online homework modules. Very easy class to get an A but you also learn a lot. I would highly recommend taking an online class from him. It was one of the best organized online classes I have ever taken.

5/13/10

PHYS1020

Really passionate about astronomy. So much that he lectures really thoroughly and for a while, but if I found it really interesting. Not a good idea to shrug off the tests and quizzes as they are a huge part of the grade and there is virtually no homework, but they're easy enough to study for. Overall a really great guy.

4/4/09

ENVS1020

He knows what he's talking about. I'm just about finished with his meteorology course and I enjoyed it thoroughly. . Tests are fine, just make sure you read what's assigned and it shouldnt be a big deal. He's super nice and really wants you to apply what you've learned. It's nice to have a teacher who cares!

1/23/09

PHYS1020

THis class was not bad. Grades was hard to raise because it was all about quizzes and exams. SInce he never assigned any homework, he gave our class 12.5% to our final grade. Also if u go class every time u get another 12.5% which is a good 25% and that boosted my grade.

1/17/09

Phys1020

Prof Lamb is a nice person. I thought astronomy was suppose to be an easy or at least fun course. However, his class was neither. He never gave homework or enough quizzes to be able to raise our grades and how he lectures is hecka boring! If you need to take this class, take it with someone else.

12/22/08

PHYS1020

He doesnt give a lot of work, homework is to read. But because he does that there isnt a lot of room to raise your grade. His quizes are unclear, loves to use words like "About", "Roughly" "Sort Of" on quizes/test. Make sure you READ the text (easy read, big words) bcuz it will help. Wasnt very helpful and u may notice favoring of students.

More Science professors at Hawaii Pacific University