in University of Texas at Brownsville that teach Environmental Science Edit
at University of Texas at Brownsville, Brownsville, TX
are you Jeffrey Wilson?

03/09/2013
good
Geol. 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wilson is probably the best teacher I have ever had. His class is fun and entertaining. I never missed a lecture. The use of Prezi was interesting and video chat through skype was awesome. It gave us the oportunity to hear the facts from people who are native to that particular country!!!

12/14/2012
good
world1303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

loved his teaching style. It was not just facts regurgitated from the book. Skype interviews were very interesting and entertaining at the same time being informative. El Profe's class is one to take.

12/14/2012
good
geog1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome!!! Not too excited at first but as the first class started I really enjoyed it. I didn't miss a single time. He made lectures very interesting always wanting to find out more about each country and being able to skype with people from each country we were covering was cool. Working with prezi which is like the new power point was also great

good
WRG1303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very knowledgeable, like how he uses technology, i.e. skype, worldmaper, prezi, second life, etc. Took two of his classes and I would like to take another class, but I can't.

good
GEOG1303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Wilson's World Geography course is extremely fun and interesting. His lecture revolves around Prezi slides instead of PowerPoint, which is far better in my opinion. The most interesting part of his class, are his Skype interviews. It really gave me a better perspective on countries from people who live there.

good
GEOG1303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really neat class! I like his style of teaching! He doesn't use PowerPoint, but instead uses Prezi (which is super cool!). Did a few Skype talks with people from around the world, definitely interesting to hear from someone first hard to reinforce what we were discussing in class. Would recommend Wilson for anyone needing to take World Geography :)

good
Geo1303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class and interacts with students repeatedly which makes it easier to grasp information.

05/04/2012
good
GEOL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor! His lectures are clear,VERY INTERESTING, and funny.He uses cool textbook, gives handouts and perfect guide for exams.No tricks or annoying hwk. Besides his perfect presentation I enjoyed videos and movies that engaged you in a topic.This prof uses fb or text and is available to help you.AMAZING prof and GREAT class.I will miss it;)

good
GEOL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very awesome professor! He explained everything very clearly and always made himself available. I was never bored and the lessons were very engaging. Take him! You won't regret it.

good

Truly made class an interesting learning experience. This is the first lecture class I have ever taken that I never had to prevent myself from falling asleep in. He spoke in an easy enough manner so that all could understand but he never dumbed anything down. His use of Facebook and texting to stay in touch with the class was a pleasant change.

good
GEO1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wilson is a very knowledgable professor. He makes the class very interesting and fun. He is very fair and helpful with all his students. I would encourage other students to take his class.

good
GEOL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good lecture kept the class entertaining and definitely knew what he was talking about. If he didn't he would look it up. Great class.

good
GEOL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I like the way he uses videos that make sense with the lecture but that students can relate to. I also appreciate that I can ask him questions about the lecture through text messaging. I also appreciate that if he doesn't know the answer to the question you are asking he will find the answer to your question by his next lecture.

good
Geol1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really liked how he had a student cell phone where we could text him with questions during class or out of class, this really encourages people who are shy to speak to ask their questions. I liked how he incorportated videos to his lectures that tied strategically well. Another very eye opening assignment was the CO2 and me.

good
Geol1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wilson made this geology class relatable and interesting. His teaching methods make you think & help u to answer and question ideas & concepts that are new to you. His lectures are fun and bases his tests off these lectures. He presents relatable videos & provides chances for extra credit. Overall I enjoyed his class, he is a cool& funny prof.

good

I liked the videos which were really helpful, and the concrete examples you did in class because they helped me remeber the concepts. Sending txt messages is another thing i liked because some people are shy to ask questions. Overall, your class is really good there is nothing i would change up to know.

good
Geol01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed the class. I would've like for the slides to have been in a different format to print (green Freindly) and include my own notes. I only started printing towards the end of the semester but it really helped writing my own notes on them and reviewing them. :)

good

Outstanding instructor, very knowledeage. What I like th emost is he's ability to bring in new technology to the classroom. However, there was a bit of inconsistancy on test # 3, as we did not cover much of what was on the test, as the professor was out during one of the lessons.

good
GEO1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a really good professor. Lectures are really fun and interesting. Love the interaction with students through facebook and texting. Very innovating and is NOT ABOUT ROCKS! Though very interesting topics covered. He may go a bit fast in lecture but he is comprehensible.

04/29/2012
good
GEOL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wilson's lecture facilitated the learning process for me. Especially, the mind mapping technique because it allowed me to better understand the ideas and concepts. Also, the lecture notes helped me a lot. Since Dr. Wilson sent us the lessons in pdf, I was able to print and bring them to class to take notes and use them as a study guide.