Gary Kayakachoian at University of Rhode Island

Gary Kayakachoian

Number of ratings 16 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

5/9/14

BUS 320

The first two exams are easy if you study the homework problems. The final exam is not really like the other, and there is no opportunity for partial credit on the final. Attendance is required, but does not count towards participation. Bite the bullet and answer something in class, otherwise your participation is zero, which brings your grade down

3/24/14

BUS 320

I struggled and had questions about my exam and the only answer I got back was "We did this in class" - Not one to take the time to help his students

1/24/14

BUS 320

The exams during the semester are pretty easy and reflect the homework problems exactly. Final is ridiculously hard and the questions do not reflect the homework problems at all. Nice guy though, dont have to do much work during the semester which is nice. Text book is useless.

1/9/14

Grade ReceivedC

Horrible class, he is very unclear and when you ask him to explain something he doesn't answer your question and tries to make you sound like an idiot. His final exam is completely unfair, all multiple choice questions, half of which we were never taught. Not a horrible guy, just a horrible teacher.

12/12/13

BUS322

Gary is G

11/10/13

Grade ReceivedA+

Gary K is a very condescending professor who does not give his students the time of day. Do not try answering questions in class because he will only belittle you and act as if you are the most stupid person in the class. Overall worst professor I have ever had a class with in the business school. Oh yeah and sitting through his lectures is awful

3/6/13

BUS320

He is a very unclear teacher. Don't get the copy of the wall st journal, it's not required. He goes over the HW each class without explaining anything. I'm assuming if I had the past tests for this class they would look exactly the same and I would have gotten an A. Attendance is required but don't expect to learn anything during class.

12/22/12

Bus320

First, don't bother getting the Wall St. Journal that he suggests you need for the class. Second, he does not explain things real well enough to learn it, and you do the HW questions in class, I would not recommend him to be honest. Too bad you can't avoid this class altogether, but do yourself a favor and don't take it Dr. K.

5/4/12

BUS320

Gary K. is the best finance professor I've ever had. As long as you attend EVERY class he will like you and you will do great. 2 midterms, an EASY group paper, and a final. You might hate him at the beginning of the semester but I have grown to really love him. We are best friends now actually. TAKE GARY K. LEARN ABOUT DR. K's ICE CREAM SHOP.

12/17/11

BUS320

After reading the reviews, I was not looking forward to his class. His class was great. I hate finance, but he got me to understand and even start to enjoy it. Two exams, one group paper, and the cumulative final..that's ALL we were graded on. He was really nice and really helpful.

10/6/10

BUS320

advoide taking his course. I did not learn very much from his classes. His homework and notes come right out of the book which both is online. He gives practice hw and graded hw. practice hw did not help me at all for doing graded hw. after taking this class, i never wanted to take another class in finance ever again

4/23/10

BUS320

After reading some of these reviews, i was hesitant to take the class. Honestly, he wasn't bad at all I thought. The subject matter is fairly difficult, but I thought the tests were fair, and it requires a lot of effort on your end. I thought Dr. K did a fine job this semester.

10/28/09

bus320

I have never felt the need to write on this for any other professor. But for Gary K. I feel the need to. Avoid taking him at all costs! He belittles you in class and when you ask a question he gives you a rude answer. Always. He reads straight out of the book and off the powerpoints. I taught this class to myself. Not a nice man at all. Dont take!

4/12/09

BUS320

Worst professor I have ever had. Completely useless. He is cynical, condescending, and very antagonistic. All work is taught, completed, and graded online, so the only purpose he could serve is to clarify and explain, which he refuses to do. He does his best to belittle anyone who asks any questions. Hopefully he will be fired.

3/30/09

BUS320

Very hard class, attend tutor sessions if possible. Must do well on the Aplia, attend class or else will be lost. Must take the course anyways, so good luck.

1/2/09

BUS210

First time teaching a stats class and he did an awful job. Does not deviate from the book and half the class time is spent doing "busy" work. This was a waste of a class.

More Finance professors at University of Rhode Island