Jennifer Barker at East Tennessee State University

Jennifer Barker

Number of ratings 6 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/12/11

ENGL4290

Her classes aren't easy. I've been at ETSU since 2006, and some of the most challenging papers I've ever been assigned are from her courses. She grades with regard to competence, awareness of film, and relevance to the topic. Anyone who finds her to be a bad professor is simply a soulless moron who wishes to someday have a tenth of her dreaminess.

9/11/11

Film1

Dr. Barker is the best thing to happen to my undergraduate career. She inspired me and gave me guidance that helped me not only in her class but also in my academic career over all. She is an asset to ETSU and whenever someone asks me to suggest an elective, I always point them in her direction. She is the most memorable professor I have ever had.

9/11/11

FILM01

I have been in four classes thus far with Dr. Barker, and I found her to be extremely fair and engaging as a professor. It's true that she is a fun teacher to have, but make no mistake- you will have to do work whether you are a member of the film club or not. But if you are into film, it's the sort of work you tend to enjoy doing.

8/26/11

FILM4340

I'd have to disagree with anyone who says Dr. Barker is unprofessional or favors certain students. Like any teacher if you talk and invest time in the class of course she will like you. She's truly an intelligent teacher who has amazing knowledge about film. If you want to take a film class take her. Just don't think film is just an easy ride.

7/7/11

ENGL4340

This class should be easy as sunday morning. And it is if you are in her film club. You can miss as many classes as you want if you join her club without consequences. That type of selectiveness is very unprofessional. Class discussion usually yielded arbitrary comments on the actors "dreaminess." But hey, if your into that sort of thing go for it.

4/27/09

ENGL4340

She is a wonderful professor. Dr. Barker's extensive knowledge on the subject matter is daunting and she is a sheer delight. I would definitely recommend her.

More English professors at East Tennessee State University