in Brigham Young University that teach Biology Edit
at Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
are you John Kauwe?

03/15/2013
good
BIO130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm not very interested in biology, so this was a hard class for me to get into. Kauwe is sometimes hard to follow in lecture because he moves so quickly. He gives you "what should I know" sheets that prepare you extremely well for tests. If you go into his office hours he is super helpful and will work with you until you completely understand.

02/02/2013
good

Dr. Kauwe teaches a clear course. All the materials are available from day 1 and all you have to do is study the "What should I know" sheets that have vocab and practice test questions and you will get an A. The comment before mine makes no sense. This class is not hard.

01/21/2013
Bio130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Kauwe made me lose any interest in biology. Even though he is a fantastic researcher, he is a terrible teacher. He fails at explaining difficult concepts enough for students to understand. This made us very unprepared for the exams. I did not end the year with the grade I wanted because the information that was given to us was insufficient.

01/09/2013
good
BIO130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! He is very reasonable. His tests are mixed multiple choice and short answer. If you know the stuff on the "What should I know sheets" you will get an A on every test. Really cares about his students.

01/03/2013
good

Dr. K is a fantastic teacher! He tries hard to keep his lectures interesting and funny. He is extremely approachable, I really recommend meeting with him throughout the semester with any concerns you may have. DO NOT BUY THE BOOK FOR THIS SECTION! you don't need it if you are comfortable with bio, you won't use it. borrow a friends.

12/18/2012
good

Dr.Kauwe is a great professor. This class was hard for me, but those who took AP Bio, which I never got the chance to, found this class easy. Either way, Dr. Kauwe loves bio and presents the information well.

12/08/2012
good
Bio130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Kauwe is amazing. Easily one of the very best professors at BYU. He knows his stuff, he obviously is very passionate about biology and about teaching. He cares about his students and is extremely fair in the grading. Do your homework, know the study guides, and you'll do fine. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kauwe for bio!

12/06/2012
good

Dr. Kauwe is an amazing teacher!! I highly recommend him. He loves what he teaches and, though a little boring at times, it's a great class. Totally willing to help you and gives you opportunities to raise your grade. Loved this class!

10/29/2012
good
bio130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great and intellectual professor that gives you lots of chances to get a good grade

10/20/2012
good
BIO130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Kauwe really cares about his students and how they are doing. He wants to make sure we actually learn something from this class beyond just memorizing facts. His class isn't boring, and although he goes fairly quickly, he explains things in an easy to understand manner if you ask him. So far, he's my favorite professor at BYU.