John Kauwe at Brigham Young University

John Kauwe

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/15/13

BIO130

I'm not very interested in biology, so this was a hard class for me to get into. Kauwe is sometimes hard to follow in lecture because he moves so quickly. He gives you "what should I know" sheets that prepare you extremely well for tests. If you go into his office hours he is super helpful and will work with you until you completely understand.

2/2/13

BIO130

Dr. Kauwe teaches a clear course. All the materials are available from day 1 and all you have to do is study the "What should I know" sheets that have vocab and practice test questions and you will get an A. The comment before mine makes no sense. This class is not hard.

1/21/13

Bio130

Dr. Kauwe made me lose any interest in biology. Even though he is a fantastic researcher, he is a terrible teacher. He fails at explaining difficult concepts enough for students to understand. This made us very unprepared for the exams. I did not end the year with the grade I wanted because the information that was given to us was insufficient.

1/9/13

BIO130

Great professor! He is very reasonable. His tests are mixed multiple choice and short answer. If you know the stuff on the "What should I know sheets" you will get an A on every test. Really cares about his students.

1/3/13

BIO130

Dr. K is a fantastic teacher! He tries hard to keep his lectures interesting and funny. He is extremely approachable, I really recommend meeting with him throughout the semester with any concerns you may have. DO NOT BUY THE BOOK FOR THIS SECTION! you don't need it if you are comfortable with bio, you won't use it. borrow a friends.

12/18/12

BIO130

Dr.Kauwe is a great professor. This class was hard for me, but those who took AP Bio, which I never got the chance to, found this class easy. Either way, Dr. Kauwe loves bio and presents the information well.

12/8/12

Bio130

Dr. Kauwe is amazing. Easily one of the very best professors at BYU. He knows his stuff, he obviously is very passionate about biology and about teaching. He cares about his students and is extremely fair in the grading. Do your homework, know the study guides, and you'll do fine. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kauwe for bio!

12/6/12

Bio130

Dr. Kauwe is an amazing teacher!! I highly recommend him. He loves what he teaches and, though a little boring at times, it's a great class. Totally willing to help you and gives you opportunities to raise your grade. Loved this class!

10/29/12

bio130

Great and intellectual professor that gives you lots of chances to get a good grade

10/20/12

BIO130

Dr. Kauwe really cares about his students and how they are doing. He wants to make sure we actually learn something from this class beyond just memorizing facts. His class isn't boring, and although he goes fairly quickly, he explains things in an easy to understand manner if you ask him. So far, he's my favorite professor at BYU.

11/1/11

Bio008

Dr. Kauwe is super awesome! He is way funny and way nice. I missed one of the tests and he let me make it up without even deducting points. The class is hard, but Dr. Kauwe makes it worthwhile!

9/23/11

PDBIO120

Great teacher. Fair, makes time for his students.

5/4/11

PDBIO120

This has been my favorite class at BYU so far. It was not an easy class but I learned so much. Dr. Kauwe's lectures were very interesting and he was very clear about what we needed to know. He also provided real life examples of how the concepts we were learning can be applied. This was a very good class, I would recommend it to everyone.

4/12/11

PDBIO120

Stellar class! It is easy to focus because he breaks up the class with activities to solidify the information. Know the what should I know sheets well and you'll rock the test. Dr. K is very approachable and the TAs know their stuff.

4/5/11

PDBIO120

Great teacher: nice, approachable, sincerely concerned, fun, really smart. He keeps lectures interesting & does activities to break up the monotony of lectures. Pretty easy besides the paper & few assignments. Quizzes were busy work, but the rest was worthwhile. listen half the time & do the assignments & your grade's in the bad. Kauwe's great!

2/17/10

PDBio120

This class has almost the same curriculum as the AP Biology test. TAs are smart and VERY willing to help. Weekly 'what should I know' sheets posted online. I bought an AP Bio study book, read the sheets, made sure I knew EVERYTHING on the sheets well, and only went to class to turn in homework. Got a solid A in the class. Great teacher and class.

12/27/09

PDBIO120

First semester teaching... Hard to know what would be on tests, but very willing to help if you took the time to go to his office hours.

12/12/09

BIO120

Dr. Kauwe was a really smart guy but he is a new teacher so he didnt really know how to explain well yet. Because he was new the class was really disorganized so I felt that I had no idea what was expected of me until a few days before the final.

12/8/09

PDBIO120

Dr. Kauwe is a really cool guy- I think he is just learning how to be a good teacher still, but in a year or so he'll be an awesome teacher. He was very helpful whenever I had questions or problems, and the class was engaging. He did very well discussing topics like evolution and how we as LDS can reconcile our beliefs with scientific findings.

12/4/09

PDBIO120

This class is difficult for sure, but that is expected of a science weed out class. The tests are difficult, but do you homework, practice problems, and utilize TA office hours and you will be prepared. Dr. Kauwe cares about the students and that is evident by how approachable he is and how willing he is to set time aside to help you.

More Biology professors at Brigham Young University