in Macomb Community College (all campuses) that teach Psychology Edit

10/22/2014
good
Psych 1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Participation matters" "Amazing lectures" "Respected by students"

She's just awesome. You get a couple projects to do over the semester, but they're no big deal. She is so generous with participation points so make sure you always participate in class discussions. Her tests are super simple she allows a typed front and back cheat sheet on the tests and on the final exam. Take her if you need a psych credit!

07/27/2014
good
psyc 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you wan an amazing wonderful teacher look no further, she is caring and definitely makes you feel at home in her class room. 100% recommend her for every class you can get of hers.

07/15/2014
good
psyc1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

She was the best teacher i have ever had at any level of my education. I took her for Intro to Psych and for Social Psych and this semester I'm taking her again for Psych of Adjustment. she's really sweet and cares about her students & she makes hers your favorite class. can't say enough good things about her. Never bought the book, never needed it

07/01/2014
good
psyc 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

She is by far the best teacher ever. Shes so sweet and understanding. If you miss a test you dont retake it, she just drops your lowest grade at the end. she gives extra credit all the time.Theres absolutely no homework except one project that took me 30 minutes. we never used the book. Amazing teacher, for sure taking her social psych class!!

02/26/2014
good
PSYC 2600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Nicest teacher ever! I loved this class. She asks for everyone's opinion on certain subjects, so you are expected to be active in discussion. She's very patient and understanding! HIGHLY recommend

02/20/2014
good
Psyc 2600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Karlis is one of the nicest teachers I've met but she rambles on with the discussions about topics so you might get through 3 topics in one class period. Never used the book. 99% of test questions were on power point. And allows you to use a cheat sheet. Easy A class.

01/10/2014
good
PSYC-1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do not buy the book all the material is online. The class is part lecture and part discussion. She creates an environment where student can voice their opinions without judgement. She is very friendly and helpful! Study guides can be used on exams, but I never found myself needing them. We had two projects that were not that difficult at all.

12/03/2013
good
psychology 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She always walked in the class with a smile on her face and made every subject interesting. I wish she was my teacher for every class!

11/14/2013
good
1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Professor Karlis is amazing!!So glad I had her as my professor. Easily one of the best professors at Macomb! She loves to teach psychology and is very enthusiastic. She also loves her students and will do anything to help. Make sure you take her!

11/10/2013
good

This class was so easy. she is an awesome teacher. enthusiastic and cares about her students

05/09/2013
good
PYSCH 1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cutest nicest teacher ever! Don't buy the book material is online. Two assignments outside of class. Tests are simple. Energetic and loves the material.

04/23/2013
good
Psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher! Attendance is not required, but worth points for showing up. Information is all online, Don't bother buying the book! Mrs. Karlis is always in a great mood and willing to help anyone with questions. Tests are very easy and there is little to no homework. Overall vey pleased with the class and of course the teacher:)

12/13/2012
good
Psych101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I hope Mrs. Karlis comes on this site to read the amazing comments left! She deserves every word of it, the most understanding, intelligent, fun, uses interesting youtube clips and everything is on powerpoint; you don't really need the book!She is the BEST Professor in ALL of MCC TAKE HER CLASS!You'll get an A and WANT to goto Class! T.Y. Mrs K.

12/13/2012
good
PSYCH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I never, ever rate professors but I have to give one for Professor Karlis. She is phenomenal! She loves what she teachers and has such enthusiasm & encourages the class to participate in her discussions. It was refreshing to finally have a class I sincerely looked forward to going to. I can't wait to take another class of hers!

11/08/2012
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Professor Karlis!!! The best! Nice, funny, energetic..I could go on. This class is a piece of cake. Only way you won't pass is if you're a complete idiot. Notes are available online, she provides study guides. She's just the best. One of the nicest teachers I've ever had. Not one thing I can complain about. You'll love her!!!

01/20/2012
good
PSYCH1602 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Karlis is absolutely wonderful and very personable. She's more than just an intructor, she's real and you can tell she loves her work, and her sincere interest in her students. She is very welcoming and I'm glad to have her. -KN

12/15/2011
good
pysc1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great teacher, by far the best at macomb. i wish she could teach all of my classes!

11/15/2011
good
psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lynda Karlis is the best professor ever! She is very helpful and nice. I wish I knew which other classes she teaches so i can take because she is absolutly amazing.

11/07/2011
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Shes my favorite teacher, sheery helpful and shes a whoot. shes funny and she really does know what shes talking about i would recomend her to everyone in into to psych 1010

05/03/2011
good
pysch1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

by far the best professor at mcc its a shame that she doesnt teach every class