Harumi Abe at Broward College (all campuses)

Harumi Abe

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/13/14

Painting

No demonstrations and no instruction in her class. She has no desire to teach.

1/13/14

ART2300

Grade ReceivedA-

Mrs. Harumi was a fantastic instructor and an obviously passionate artist. She never gave any negative comments towards student artwork, she awarded us with constructive criticism which made us better artists. I got exactly what I wanted from her class, and it showed in my work. I enjoyed her class very much. I highly recommend her :)

11/16/13

Painting

It is very sad that Pr. Abe is allowed to teach. Especially to teach subjects like painting or drawing which require extensive instruction, demonstrations and patience when students in the process of the developing their skills. She has none.

6/19/13

ART1201C

An actual instructor, with interesting assignments that teach through experience. Obviously dedicated to art.

10/31/11

ART2501

I have taken 4 of Harumi's classes; 2d design, Life Drawing, Painting I and Painting II. I think that enough says I awesome of a professor I think she is. She will always push you to do better, ans she helps out just enough to make you figure out things on your own. TAKE HER CLASSES!

1/10/11

ART1300

Very nice, but strict when it comes to technique. You will become a better artist because she will not accept anything other than your best. As long as you put in the effort and listen to her instructions, you'll be fine.

4/19/10

ART2330

I recommend her. This is my third time taking her in a different class.She knows her fundamentals very well in art, esp in painting. She is a very nice,funny and smart professor.The only thing that sorta bothered me about her is criticizing my work. Yet at the same time, it's feedback for me to get better at my artwork. Just be prepare to bust ass.

6/2/09

ART1201

Prof Harumi is an excellent professor. She is very patient, funny, and she cares about her students work. She also gives very useful tips and advice about the art mediums and styles of art. I do agree that art is what you make it and it come from you personality.Plus creating art is your own signature. I got an A in her class but Art is not easy w

5/8/09

ART1300

I like her. It was my first art class in life so for me it was a great exoerience I tried my best and even sometimes she didnt like my work at the end I ended up with an A, you just have to do your work and make sure she checks on you so she doesnt give you hard time at the end, The sketchbook for her is really a priority so make sure you do it.

3/12/09

ART1201

I agree! nothing that u do pleases her, that is frustrating. She needs to encourage students positively and make constructive not destructive critiques. It seems that she doesn't have enough experience to understand that each student has their own style and are creative in a different way than her. Let the students flourish with their own identity!

3/4/09

art101

She is a very pationate teacher willing to go the extra mile for the students that are serious about art making. For those of you looking for an easy A I suggest you just stay home and let the students whom want to learn have more attention. As far as I'm concerned Shes the real deal and obviously these prior comments were made buy complete slacker

2/11/09

ART1201

If you are ready to spend a lot in art materials, take her class. She is never happy with your ideas or your final work, she loves to argue. She needs to understand that we are not in class to PLEASE HER, we are in college to learn. Instead of critiquing us, she has to do more explaining and show examples of her expectations before any critique :(

2/6/09

ART1201

Do not take her! She is very NEGATIVE.She'll critique your work instead of encourage. Nothing is good in her eyes. Art is a free form of expression and personal. Be aware when she gives instructions, she asks for something but in the end when you show up with the work she will said:I didn't ask for that, please re-do it. She doesn't have experience

More Art professors at Broward College (all campuses)