in Elon University that teach Social Science Edit
Laurence Basirico
Professor in the Social Science department
at Elon University, Elon, NC
are you Laurence Basirico?

11/04/2013
good
REL 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had him for Religious Thinking, and found him extremely interesting and not hard to look at... of course, this was the 1st year he was at Elon.

09/27/2011
intro111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wow, I was excited to be in this class because I'm very interested in how society works, but now I can't wait for the semester to end. This professor actually designs his tests so that most of the students will get a C. He seriously just told us that in class...if you have this class get ready for a lot of hard work.

02/09/2011
SCO331 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Basirico literally turned my world upside down with regard to understanding "reality" in the class Self and Society. It really challenged everything I thought I "knew" abut the world. It made me realize that I have very little control over my perceived self, my environment and the world around me. But it also taught me to question everything!

07/13/2006
Intro Sociology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

When I had this professor he was an eqotistical and pompous fool. He would pose at the front of the room with the book Held up on his knee so you could see his name on the cover while lectured. HE preached against stereotyping and pigeon holing, then did it to his students. Bad professor.

10/30/2005
good
sociology 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

09/26/2005
Intro Soc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

05/19/2005
good
Global Studies Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Lots of work, but a good professor, I learned a lot and although it was tough going through it, looking back it was a great class.

11/19/2004
good
SOC 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved having Larry Basirico as a professor. You can tell he really cares about what he's teaching. Sociology through Film over Winter Term is a great course!!

11/08/2004
good
Reunions Online Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Loved this class (SOC Reunions, online); let students lead the class with occasional comments; fair at grading; is passionate about his research; you have to want to learn and that's the point of college;all professors should challenge us

04/15/2004
good
Soc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

03/30/2004
Soc 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I would definatly not recommend this guy. Really hard and not helpful to his students. Stay clear of him.

03/29/2004
good
SOC 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He is nice enough and a decent teacher, but defnitely a little bit full of himself. Very smart guy with a good sense of humor. Good professor for an intro class.

11/06/2003
good
SOC371 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Very friendly

11/05/2003
good
soc 311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

great professor. hot and fun. def take his class its interesting and pretty easy.

08/23/2003
good
SOC 373 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Great prof. for on-line class. Helpful but let the class lead themselves in discussion.

07/12/2003
SSC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Very smart man but isn't too adept at commnuicating material to a wide range of students. He is very interested in talking about his research and made it difficult to get help with my research, which was ultimately the point of the class.

04/03/2003
101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He teaches from the book he wrote which sometimes makes him appear to be a know-it-all. You can tell he thinks he is pretty hot.

02/07/2003
Soc. 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He's the chair of the department and really hard. Try to avoid his class!