in Virginia Commonwealth University that teach Religious Studies Edit
at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
are you Jonny Cecka?

04/09/2013
good
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He's a cool teacher and all. The class is generally pretty easy. Just follow the syllabus. The b.s. about him though is he'll take off a FULL LETTER GRADE if you use your cell phone ONCE. I literally had all A's for everything and participated A LOT. But I used my cell phone once and he took off a letter grade and refused to reconsider. be cautious

12/21/2012
good
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AWESOMENESS!

12/17/2012

The worst class I have taken at VCU! I attended every single class because attendance is mandatory. I received high A's on both the midterm and final. I had 10/10 on every reflection and yet ended up with a B in the class. Not to mention I participated like he wanted us to. I would never recommend this course taught by him to anyone.

12/16/2012
good
REL108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't get the complaints? This was the best class ever and Dr. Cecka is the most passionate teacher I have ever had! Yes, you have to show up and be involved, but we all knew that from the start!

12/12/2012
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

No homework, no quizzes, or tests. Don't be fooled. Highly recommend this class, not Cecka. A on both midterm and final and still came out with a C. Attend. is MANDATORY. Doesn't allow lateness & this will cost you a letter grade! Use a cell phone and it will prob cost you another letter. Seems cool until theres nothing you can do about your grade!

12/10/2012
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Gave out really high grades until the end of the semester when students couldn't do anything to fix their grades. He said he gave an average of a 50% for our participation grade, WHICH ACCOUNTED FOR 25% OF THE TOTAL CLASS GRADE. Even if you were to show up every class and do everything he tells you to do, you will most likely receive a bad grade.

12/03/2012
good
rels108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I loved this guy, sure it's no class that's going to help you in your career but the university demands it so why not just enjoy it? He was into everything he said which I appreciated and I found most of the topics interesting. Yes and easy class but that doesn't mean it's not worth paying attention to. Have respect, he loves his topic.

04/26/2012
good

Easiest class. I showed up as high as a I possibly could to each class. Got an A an did nothing the hole semester.

04/03/2012
RELS391 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took human for Human Spirituality, and Spirituality and Creativity. Show up and you're likely to get an A. No HW, exams, or textbook. Its a very relaxed classroom environment conducive for open discussion. Whatever you put into it you'll get out of it in terms of usefulness and learning.

01/31/2012
good

Awesome guy. The most interesting thing about the class was the guest speakers. GO TO CLASS. PARTICIPATE. There is no homework so the least you can do it show up and be active, it's all he asks. Very nice and interesting guy. You get the grade you deserve! :)