in Virginia Commonwealth University that teach Religious Studies Edit
at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
are you Jonny Cecka?

04/09/2013
good
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He's a cool teacher and all. The class is generally pretty easy. Just follow the syllabus. The b.s. about him though is he'll take off a FULL LETTER GRADE if you use your cell phone ONCE. I literally had all A's for everything and participated A LOT. But I used my cell phone once and he took off a letter grade and refused to reconsider. be cautious

12/21/2012
good
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AWESOMENESS!

12/17/2012

The worst class I have taken at VCU! I attended every single class because attendance is mandatory. I received high A's on both the midterm and final. I had 10/10 on every reflection and yet ended up with a B in the class. Not to mention I participated like he wanted us to. I would never recommend this course taught by him to anyone.

12/16/2012
good
REL108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't get the complaints? This was the best class ever and Dr. Cecka is the most passionate teacher I have ever had! Yes, you have to show up and be involved, but we all knew that from the start!

12/12/2012
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

No homework, no quizzes, or tests. Don't be fooled. Highly recommend this class, not Cecka. A on both midterm and final and still came out with a C. Attend. is MANDATORY. Doesn't allow lateness & this will cost you a letter grade! Use a cell phone and it will prob cost you another letter. Seems cool until theres nothing you can do about your grade!

12/10/2012
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Gave out really high grades until the end of the semester when students couldn't do anything to fix their grades. He said he gave an average of a 50% for our participation grade, WHICH ACCOUNTED FOR 25% OF THE TOTAL CLASS GRADE. Even if you were to show up every class and do everything he tells you to do, you will most likely receive a bad grade.

12/03/2012
good
rels108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I loved this guy, sure it's no class that's going to help you in your career but the university demands it so why not just enjoy it? He was into everything he said which I appreciated and I found most of the topics interesting. Yes and easy class but that doesn't mean it's not worth paying attention to. Have respect, he loves his topic.

04/26/2012
good

Easiest class. I showed up as high as a I possibly could to each class. Got an A an did nothing the hole semester.

04/03/2012
RELS391 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took human for Human Spirituality, and Spirituality and Creativity. Show up and you're likely to get an A. No HW, exams, or textbook. Its a very relaxed classroom environment conducive for open discussion. Whatever you put into it you'll get out of it in terms of usefulness and learning.

01/31/2012
good

Awesome guy. The most interesting thing about the class was the guest speakers. GO TO CLASS. PARTICIPATE. There is no homework so the least you can do it show up and be active, it's all he asks. Very nice and interesting guy. You get the grade you deserve! :)

12/21/2011
good

Easiest class I have ever taken-no homework or test, your grade is based on participation and the mid-term paper and final paper, both are 1-2 pages. He is a very genuinely nice man and likes listening to all opinions. The only thing I disliked was that he talks about the occupy movement non-stop. I understand that he likes it, but come on man!

12/19/2011

Pointless class in all honesty, even if you are interested in the subject. We sat and watch videos or listened to podcast. He is unclear on his grading and what he considers participation throughout the year. also refuses to answer emails because he is on vacation even though the semester is still in progress.

12/18/2011

This class was super easy but honestly very pointless to go to. All he did was have us listen to a bunch of boring podcasts and he didn't even teach. He makes up his own little point systems when he feels like it and you get extra credit if HE feels you should. He's not clear at all and not very friendly either.

12/14/2011
good

Super easy class. No homework, just 2 1-page, double spaced papers to write. GO TO CLASS! It's the only way to get an A. The class is interesting even though Cecka talks very low & its hard to hear sometimes

12/11/2011
good
Rels108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor. I will probably end up with a low A or high B because I didn't do a works cited for my first paper, which is the only mistake I made. I felt pretty strong about my final paper, so if that's a decent grade, I will get an A in the course. He is awesome. I wish he had more 100-level classes :)

12/09/2011
good

Great professor. No Exams, you will write a reflection paragraph/paper each class the professor will choose a related topic. Easy A class :)

12/09/2011
good
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. Very considerate and kind. Brings in a variety of speakers from different religious backgrounds. Passionate about his beliefs but does not overly 'force' them onto students.

12/08/2011
good

Awesome teacher and class.Very willing to hear what your beliefs are and ask you lots of questions. Only 2 papers. no text book. Totally recommend this class

12/06/2011
good
rels108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really easy. I was in his night class so he's really strict about attendance. I liked the ppl he brought in. they were all interesting/entertaining. Only 2 papers, 2 pages at most as final and midterm. There are little reflection paragraphs and the end of each class and the finael class can be just a party if a venue can be found. No textbook

09/27/2011
RELS108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Jonny Cecka insists upon himself. Take his class to find out what that means.