in Georgia Perimeter College - Decatur that teach History Edit
B
12/08/2014
good
Hist 2111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Participation matters" "Amazing lectures" "Would take again"

I took this at the Dunwoody Campus, and loved the class. I hate history, but Dr. Wiggins made it so interesting. Her lectures and reading the books chronology get you A's on tests. Participation assignments are not tough, and please show up to class! I loved it so much I am taking another class of hers next semester! Take this class!!!!!!!!!!

11/03/2014
History 2111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-
"Get ready to read" "Tests are tough" "Hilarious"

Taking her class at Dunwoody. Write alot on her homework, should be fine. Her test tho where hard. And they are what really matters in your grade, there is like 4 or 5. IDK how I ended up getting all A's in her test, but I did while everyone else got high F's. Drops your lowest test tho. Don't take if you arent good at history. But good at teaching

08/03/2014
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took this is onlinr-4 week summer session. It is a lot of reading and writing (2 major papers and 2 smaller discussions each week). Tests are difficult and pick out small details that, if you aren't paying attention while reading, you can over look. One of the hardest classes (and I have my BS already).

07/02/2014
Hist 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

never again

06/25/2014
HIST 2112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: D+

How is it possible to score 90-100% on every assignment, meet all of her guidelines for the 2 written assignments & she scores them 65% & below?? Slow to respond or update grades. Her online grading scale isn't designed to reflect an overall grade that measures the student's knowledge. You can ACE your quizzes & participation still make a D.

04/22/2014
good
history 2111 hb Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is great!she is very fun and loves teaching history.i have taken her class twice and both classes have been awesome.The hybrid class is a bit more challenging because of all the writing assignments and she is a bit more strict when grading this material.Overall,she is amazing and so very helpful!! I think everyone should take her class..Bam!

11/20/2013
HIST 2112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't know if everyone else had a different teacher than me or something but she was awful. Her quizzes are open-ended and could have multiple possible correct answers, she doesn't grade papers until literally 2 months later, and I have emailed her 3 times starting 3 months ago and still have yet to receive a response. DO NOT TAKE HER!

11/16/2013
good
2200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic teacher! Funny, smart, helpful, and she really cares about her classes. We always had great discussions, and she uses fun videos, etc. to teach class.

05/07/2013
good
HIST 211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

100% recommend - great overall experience with Dr. Wiggins - she is fair and teaches with passion! I would take her for every class if I could..

05/03/2013
good
HIST 211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great motivated teacher who is fair on all levels - I highly recommend taking her class - you will learn something while haveing a great time - one of the best professors I have had at GPC in the last 2 years

12/11/2012
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took her online class this past semester. Her writing assignments are very strict and it is graded more for grammatical errors rather than the actual guidelines. I felt that all my assignments met her requirements but they did not. The class itself is not that hard. Just make sure you check the class each day.

12/03/2012
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The class was easy, but you really have to know your stuff and READ the assignments every week! Dont forget to do that or else, you'll fail. I took her online so thats why the interesting rating is low.

04/11/2012
good
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

What can I say about Professor Wiggins. She is the best history teacher one can ever have. You may absolutely hate history but she will make you fall in love with it all over again. Her tests are super easy. Multiple choice is from the bolded words in the chapter. The short answer is from her class notes. She even bumbs your grade.

02/19/2012
good
Hist2111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is such a great teacher! Even if you're not into history, she is so passionate about what she's talking about that it's impossible not be interested. Attendance isn't mandatory, but I recommend going, it will always be entertaining! If you just do the few assignments, take notes, and go over the book before tests you will

01/27/2012
good
HIST2111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was the best history teacher I ever had. That was three years ago, this is long overdue. I wish she well and happy.

01/24/2012
good
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Wiggins is awesome! History is not my best subject yet I used to count the hours to go to her class. Her tests are pretty easy the first test is the hardest and then from the second test to the last, keeps getting easy. For the tests, for the multiples choice study the terms in the book. For fill in the blank, study lecture notes!

12/15/2011
good
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

THE BEST HISTORY TEACHER I EVER HAD AND I HATE HISTORY SHE'S SO GOOD THAT I ACTUALLY ENJOYED HER CLASS AND AM SURE ILL REMEMBER THE INFORMATION FOREVER

12/10/2011
good
hist2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Absolute best professor for this course.

12/03/2011
good
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher!!!! Makes history fun and easy. Most of the test comes from what she goes over in class so show up everyday easy A.

11/18/2011
good
HIST2112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Wiggins is by far the most interesting professor! She is always engaging in her lectures and makes it fun to learn about history. I use to dislike history until I took her class! I look forward to it! On a side note, she's a fashionista. Love her!