in San Jose State University that teach Art & Design Edit
Sheldon Borenstein
Professor in the Art & Design department
at San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
are you Sheldon Borenstein?

02/12/2014
good
112b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had a big time problem with over thinking my drawings and tightness. He helped me to loosen up and let the magic happen. With him i learned art is truly something you feel. Don't try to impress with shallow techniques or he'll call you out. He breaks down the techniques of the masters into chunks you can manage. Thanks Sheldon, Ive grwn bcuz ofu

10/26/2012
good
Ani112b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took his ani 55 and now taking Ani 112b. It's very hard and I got a B on his portfolio but he worked with me through my "rat" (bad drawing phase) and gave me lots of encouragement. I honestly love Sheldon as do nearly all of us as he is not just a teacher he's a pro. He does everything for his students and you should do the same for him.

06/17/2012
good
ANI55 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon is fantastic. My only gripe is that this semester's class was far too full, and no one could get any individual attention/assistance. He truly loves his students, and will help you out if you speak up. He's also very knowledgeable on the animation industry, and focuses on teaching things that will help you succeed in the industry.

06/05/2012
ANI112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had Sheldon twice, once for Art112a in 2010, and then again one year later for the supposed Anatomy Advanced class. While I do not doubt his talent and the importance of the subject he teaches, the class is not an efficient use of time because it goes off topic and only about one hour of lecture is relevant. I didn't learn much the 2nd time btw

05/31/2012
good
ANI55 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not only he teaches you how to draw, he teaches you how to be successful in life! He is a legend.

05/15/2012
good
ANI55 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a Master. I took him and Dave Yee this semester and I love them both. Do not ever feel like this is an "easy" class. He is a big teddy bear teacher but always take him and all the other ANI professors seriously. Loved his work ethic.

01/20/2012
good
ART112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon will go out of his way to make sure you get what you need when you need it. He is an amazing professor who really knows his stuff. He spent a few hours with me to make sure I actually got into the art program, and he worked hard to get the supplies I needed. He's hilarious also, which makes the drier stuff a lot easier to learn. Thanks!!!

12/02/2011
good
art55 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon is literally a great story teller. He just love to start the class with stories about his week, work, and family, only half of them are probably true. Very talented and very experienced. Overall, great teacher. Emphasize a lot about motivation and developing fundamentals. Can be annoying sometimes, but a lot a better than being bored.

09/02/2011
good
ANI112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher who teaches things in way some people may not understand. The reason his lectures are short is because the rest of the class he's drawing personally for a small group of students. This is a FIGURE DRAWING CLASS. The people who claim that they have nothing to do are not drawing the figure. Sense of humor a must.

05/11/2011
Art112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon teaches the basics of figure drawing with emphasis on straights vs. Curves and posing. His lectures are mostly off-topic. Take his advice with a grain of salt and always keep researching other figure drawing methods. Remember: drawing like him will not land you a job...nobody wants to see a cheap imitation of Sheldon.

12/19/2010
good
ART112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I felt I got more out of his instructional YouTube videos and tracing from his textbook more than the lectures. Most of the lectures tended to go off topic, and out of an hour and a half, about 10-15 min of material seemed important. If you want to get good at figure drawing, trace his textbook.

04/12/2010
good
ART112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

THIS CLASS IS ESSENTIAL!!!!!! Easily one of the BEST professors I have had. This is a class that you take to learn and get better. The more effort you put in the more Sheldon will get out of you. He makes the class fun and interesting. Have a sense of HUMOR and this class will be one that you will want to take over and over. GREATNESS!!!!!!!!

03/20/2010
good
art112b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon is an adjunct lecturer from the A/I dept. at SJSU. His class is ESSENTIAL to getting into the program, graduating, getting a job, & surviving the industry. He goes above & beyond to provide materials, examples, resources, & learning opportunities for his students. Not taking advantage of all of these opportunities is just plain dumb.

03/05/2010
ART112b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great animator, but teaching skills are questionable. The majority of class time is either spent watching music videos, waiting while he talks on the phone, or listening to him lecture on about how great his daughter is at basketball. The amount he teaches in class doesn't amount to more than an hour, but the class is 6 hours long.Bring a pillow.

12/12/2009
good
art112b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon is one of THE greatest art teachers in the WORLD. if you have the chance to have his class... TAKE IT. pay someone for their spot, lie, cheat, steal or kill to get into this class. jk, take it when you can and you wont regret it. just listen to him talk and do what you can to talk to him... creepies need not apply...

12/07/2009
good
Art112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sheldon is one of the top teachers in the A/I department. It take dedication to the A/I field and your artistic desire to improve to pass this class.

09/09/2008
good
Art112B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

great class!

06/21/2008
good
art113a Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best art teacher I ever had. And I've had alot. He's amazingly perceptive and insightful. He made me aware of many things I need to work on in order to become a successful artist. You might feel bad if you come in there all out of shape, but its all gold. I feel very fortunate to have taken his class. Its one in a million.

12/11/2007
ARTART Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This instructor has a lot of knowledge regarding to the world of Animation. However, he does not know your name unless you're a super talented student and likes to play favorites even though he says that he does not.

11/27/2007
good
art112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best...