Gavin Paul at Simon Fraser University

Gavin Paul

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/24/14

ARTS ONE

I'd take all my English courses at UBC with him if I could!

5/19/14

Arts One

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I feel extremely fortunate to have had him as my Arts One prof. I got scared reading the comments on this page regarding participation, but believe he makes you WANT to join to the discussion. He makes sure to make us know that our opinions are valued, and his feedback and commentary are always very helpful.

4/14/13

ENGL310

Amazing class, amazing professor. Paul did an amazing job highlighting the important aspects of Middleton's work and I think studying Middleton should be mandatory for any English student. Paul was funny and very interested in the material - make sure you read your stuff and contribute to get the best of what he has to offer.

12/12/12

Engl310

Gavin was a great prof. Very helpful and interesting. However, the class on Thomas Middleton was quite difficult. There is not much supplementary material on Middleton and I found the material quite dry. Considering how dull the material is, Gavin did a great job.

9/1/12

ENG1202

Some days I wondered why I took a 3hr English class...those days just draaaged:/ But once the whole class got involved in the discussions it was great, and time flew by. His comments are very helpful...my grades improved with each essay/assignment.He's pretty cute too..and he's such a dork! Overall, he's an amazing prof.

9/1/12

Eng310

Brilliant professor, interesting material with current references. Excellent discussion leader and a fair marker. Read or at least lookup the material, contribute and you'll be golden.

7/9/12

ARTS001

Although now at SFU, Dr.Paul was my favourite professor at UBC. He was incredibly kind, intelligent, humble and hillarious. He helped me to make massive improvements in my work thanks to his attentive marking. He wishes all of his students well and is interested in their opinions. Everyone loved him!

7/5/12

ENG100

Amazing professor, would take his class again in a heartbeat.

5/17/12

ENGL100

I absolutely love this man. You will want to marry him by the end of the class. He is an amazing professor, but beyond that, he is a wonderful human being. I consider myself incredibly blessed to have him as both a professor and a friend. Take his class without hesitation.

12/27/11

Engl311

Dr. G is an excellent professor. Show him respect and join in the discussion. He wants students to learn and have ideas, not just sit there say nothing. He marks papers fairly and offers really good feedback. His knowledge of and enthusiasm for Shakespeare is refreshing. He has great energy, so go on take the class!

7/25/10

ENG311

By far the best English prof at SFU! Not only does he love Shakespeare, he's pretty funny so the class never has a dull moment. I highly recommend taking any course he teaches, you won't regret it!

7/23/10

ENGL311

He's passionate and extremely knowledgeable about Shakespeare, and as far as facilitating class discussion, he does that well. He's a tough marker though (do NOT take his term paper proposals lightly - although they're not worth much, he takes them more seriously than you would think). Overall nice guy, but I wish he would go easier on the marking.

4/17/09

ENGL313

Gavin is awesome! He is really into Shakespeare and keeps the class interesting because of all his stories about his kids, his nerdy life, and so on. He's a fair marker overall. It's weird, but he wishes he could be bff with Hamlet...

3/29/09

ENGL313

I had a lot of fun in this class. Gavin seemed a bit nervous to start the class, but became more comfortable as the semester progressed. He had a lot of insightful and interesting things to say about the Shakespeare plays, and encouraged creative thought. He marks a bit tougher than other profs I've encountered, but definitely encourages improvemen

More English professors at Simon Fraser University