in Simon Fraser University that teach English Edit
are you Gavin Paul?
B+

08/12/2014
good
ENGL-322 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

I took English 322 with Gavin this summer, and I must say that he is a very nice professor on all grounds. The only drawback is his strict marking scheme. He is particular about how you initiate quotes in the essay, and will surely mention that in the class :P But overall, very friendly and cute!

06/24/2014
good
ARTS ONE Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'd take all my English courses at UBC with him if I could!

05/19/2014
good
Arts One Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I feel extremely fortunate to have had him as my Arts One prof. I got scared reading the comments on this page regarding participation, but believe he makes you WANT to join to the discussion. He makes sure to make us know that our opinions are valued, and his feedback and commentary are always very helpful.

04/14/2013
good
ENGL310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing class, amazing professor. Paul did an amazing job highlighting the important aspects of Middleton's work and I think studying Middleton should be mandatory for any English student. Paul was funny and very interested in the material - make sure you read your stuff and contribute to get the best of what he has to offer.

12/12/2012
good
Engl310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gavin was a great prof. Very helpful and interesting. However, the class on Thomas Middleton was quite difficult. There is not much supplementary material on Middleton and I found the material quite dry. Considering how dull the material is, Gavin did a great job.

09/01/2012
good
ENG1202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Some days I wondered why I took a 3hr English class...those days just draaaged:/ But once the whole class got involved in the discussions it was great, and time flew by. His comments are very helpful...my grades improved with each essay/assignment.He's pretty cute too..and he's such a dork! Overall, he's an amazing prof.

09/01/2012
good
Eng310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant professor, interesting material with current references. Excellent discussion leader and a fair marker. Read or at least lookup the material, contribute and you'll be golden.

07/09/2012
good
ARTS001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although now at SFU, Dr.Paul was my favourite professor at UBC. He was incredibly kind, intelligent, humble and hillarious. He helped me to make massive improvements in my work thanks to his attentive marking. He wishes all of his students well and is interested in their opinions. Everyone loved him!

07/05/2012
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor, would take his class again in a heartbeat.

05/17/2012
good
ENGL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love this man. You will want to marry him by the end of the class. He is an amazing professor, but beyond that, he is a wonderful human being. I consider myself incredibly blessed to have him as both a professor and a friend. Take his class without hesitation.