in Simon Fraser University that teach English Edit
are you Gavin Paul?
B+

08/12/2014
good
ENGL-322 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

I took English 322 with Gavin this summer, and I must say that he is a very nice professor on all grounds. The only drawback is his strict marking scheme. He is particular about how you initiate quotes in the essay, and will surely mention that in the class :P But overall, very friendly and cute!

06/24/2014
good
ARTS ONE Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'd take all my English courses at UBC with him if I could!

05/19/2014
good
Arts One Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I feel extremely fortunate to have had him as my Arts One prof. I got scared reading the comments on this page regarding participation, but believe he makes you WANT to join to the discussion. He makes sure to make us know that our opinions are valued, and his feedback and commentary are always very helpful.

04/14/2013
good
ENGL310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing class, amazing professor. Paul did an amazing job highlighting the important aspects of Middleton's work and I think studying Middleton should be mandatory for any English student. Paul was funny and very interested in the material - make sure you read your stuff and contribute to get the best of what he has to offer.

12/12/2012
good
Engl310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gavin was a great prof. Very helpful and interesting. However, the class on Thomas Middleton was quite difficult. There is not much supplementary material on Middleton and I found the material quite dry. Considering how dull the material is, Gavin did a great job.

09/01/2012
good
ENG1202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Some days I wondered why I took a 3hr English class...those days just draaaged:/ But once the whole class got involved in the discussions it was great, and time flew by. His comments are very helpful...my grades improved with each essay/assignment.He's pretty cute too..and he's such a dork! Overall, he's an amazing prof.

09/01/2012
good
Eng310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant professor, interesting material with current references. Excellent discussion leader and a fair marker. Read or at least lookup the material, contribute and you'll be golden.

07/09/2012
good
ARTS001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although now at SFU, Dr.Paul was my favourite professor at UBC. He was incredibly kind, intelligent, humble and hillarious. He helped me to make massive improvements in my work thanks to his attentive marking. He wishes all of his students well and is interested in their opinions. Everyone loved him!

07/05/2012
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor, would take his class again in a heartbeat.

05/17/2012
good
ENGL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love this man. You will want to marry him by the end of the class. He is an amazing professor, but beyond that, he is a wonderful human being. I consider myself incredibly blessed to have him as both a professor and a friend. Take his class without hesitation.

12/27/2011
good
Engl311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. G is an excellent professor. Show him respect and join in the discussion. He wants students to learn and have ideas, not just sit there say nothing. He marks papers fairly and offers really good feedback. His knowledge of and enthusiasm for Shakespeare is refreshing. He has great energy, so go on take the class!

07/25/2010
good
ENG311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

By far the best English prof at SFU! Not only does he love Shakespeare, he's pretty funny so the class never has a dull moment. I highly recommend taking any course he teaches, you won't regret it!

07/23/2010
good
ENGL311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's passionate and extremely knowledgeable about Shakespeare, and as far as facilitating class discussion, he does that well. He's a tough marker though (do NOT take his term paper proposals lightly - although they're not worth much, he takes them more seriously than you would think). Overall nice guy, but I wish he would go easier on the marking.

04/17/2009
good
ENGL313 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Gavin is awesome! He is really into Shakespeare and keeps the class interesting because of all his stories about his kids, his nerdy life, and so on. He's a fair marker overall. It's weird, but he wishes he could be bff with Hamlet...

03/29/2009
good
ENGL313 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had a lot of fun in this class. Gavin seemed a bit nervous to start the class, but became more comfortable as the semester progressed. He had a lot of insightful and interesting things to say about the Shakespeare plays, and encouraged creative thought. He marks a bit tougher than other profs I've encountered, but definitely encourages improvemen