in Duke University that teach Chemistry Edit
at Duke University, Durham, NC
are you Dorian Canelas?

05/02/2014
good
CHM201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Canelas was a pretty easy professor compared to other professors, in my opinion. This year she had a flipped classroom setting in which we worked on worksheets in groups each class, which I originally didn't like because we didn't have any lectures. Overall though, her tests are straightforward and predictable.

04/29/2014
good
CHEM 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Canelas was a great teacher. She kept lectures exciting and fun. The flipped classroom did work well for organic chemistry...just don't fall behind on reading the textbook and you'll get an A.

04/19/2014
CHEM201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have to disagree with the other comment left for Dr C this semester. I've HATED the group work-- its fostered a lot of mis-education IMO, I wanted to learn from our prof, NOT my peers. I found myself trying to relearn concepts frequently. Did appreciate all the materials though. I bet she would be a great teach if SHE taught us.

04/11/2014
good
CHEM201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

She gives you a lot of resources to help you with, and really wants you to do well in the class. Her class has a pre-set curve, and so she encourages you to work together with the other students in the class. I would highly recommend her for organic chemistry~she has a flipped classroom model, but it actually really works well.

12/25/2013
Chem 99 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Canelas is a decent professor. She's funny and her lectures are interesting, but I found her rude/unhelpful outside of class. That being said, she gives resources and her tests/homework follow the material. Recitation is mandatory and helpful; lecture is beneficial. Book, her notes, and problems will help you on the exams, which are mostly math.