Cathy Carey at Salt Lake Community College

Cathy Carey

Number of ratings 25 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

9/7/13

FHS 2450

Wonderful course and incredible teacher. The teacher was so involved in the online format and discussions. We heard from her daily. She made the class informative. I've learned so much. Every assignment was relevant and promoted critical thinking, problem solving and communication. Absolutely would recommend this course from and instructor.

8/19/13

fhs 2450

Beware! This class is full of useless busywork and the teacher assigns way too much work based on the credit value of the class. Be ready to work all the time for very little reward.

4/3/13

FHS 2450

Cathy is amazing! She works well with student. Give precise directions and repeats directions multiple times, just to make sure it sticks. There is a weekly discussion and assignment, NO LATE WORK. This is a very easy class so long as you participate and stay up on the assignments. She is wonderful and involved!

12/16/12

FHS2450

I enjoyed the course. The teacher has very high expectations. No late work accepted, but she does a thorough job of reviewing work and gives lots of postive feedback and encouragement. I would recommend this course.

12/13/12

FHS2450

Just finished Professor Carey's class, and it was one of the best courses I have taken at SLCC. I learned so much, and this teacher cares about student success. Her online class was organized, and she actually made comments on all assignments and responded to emails in a timely manner. Excellent course. Highly recommended!

9/16/12

FHS2450

I enjoyed this class very much. There's a lot expected, but the teacher is there every step along the way. I would recommend this course and this teacher. Be ready to work through. She doesn't accept late work, unless you are under the care of a doctor. She is fair and consistent in what she requires, however. Great course and teacher.

8/3/12

FHS2450

I took Cathy's Human Sexuality class online. I learned so much in that class. She is a wonderful teacher, she participates in class discussions and gives feedback on everything. Be prepared to work though and speak up in the discussions. I would take another class from her in a heartbeat. She really cares about her students.

6/3/12

FHS2450

Completed this class Spring 2012. I was sorry to see this class end. Loved the class. Loved the professor. Best online course I've ever take, hands down. Professor involved and passionate about student success. Would love to take more courses from this professor. She made a difference in my life.

5/6/12

FHS2450

Best class I have ever taken at SLCC. I think this class should be mandatory for all students and taught by Cathy. She is an amazing teacher, gave quick and helpful feedback with assignments. The workload was time consuming but not overbearing. Really amazing teacher.

2/3/12

FHS2450

Great online class. The best I've taken at SLCC. Professor was fully invested in our success. She actually read paper and made comments on our work. Would highly recommend this class to all SLCC students.

8/2/11

sexua042

Great teacher. Easy class and not too much homework.

6/25/11

FHS2450

I've had friends take this class from other teachers, and it wasn't as good. Register with Professor Carey. She is the best, and the online format is great. She explains everything and is very clear, not like other online teachers. She doesn't accept late work tho, and she doesn't break her own rule. Be prepared to work hard, but learn a lot.

4/13/11

FHS2450

I am completing Professor Carey's class in a few weeks. I hate to see it end. Probably the best class I've ever taken. Should be required for life. Wonderful teacher. Cares about her students and wants them to learn. This is an online class, and Professor Carey is timely with grading and email responses. Very rare in online classes.

1/13/11

FHS2450

There aren't enough positive words I can say about Cathy. I took her online class last semester. This was THE best class I've ever taken. She is fair, quick to respond, engages in discussions, and CARES about her students. She lets you know what she expects, doesn't give leeway, but offers plenty of time to complete everything. AWESOME Teacher!!

9/20/10

FHS2450

I'm in her class this term, and it's sweet. I'm learning a lot, but I agree she's more on the University level when it comes to requirements. This teacher actually reads your assignments and writes comments not only on content but on structure. Discussions are open, and the instructor is accepting of everyone's opinions.

8/31/10

FHS2450

I had Professor Carey for FHS 2450 & 2400.I took 2450 in the summer,and there was a lot of work in a short period of time. Cathy was very helpful to us. She works with you. She wants you to succeed in school. Her policies are tight but they help weed out students who are not serious.If you're a slacker, don't take this class.

8/27/10

FHS2450

The best part of this class is the opportunity to discuss. Cathy Carey participates in the discussions and always presents the other side of the issue.The discussions are thought-provoking, and I found that on some issues my mind was opened to new and different views. Should be a requied class for every college student. It's vital knowledge.

8/27/10

FHS2450

Professor Carey is the first teacher who has ever taken the time to write comments on assignments.She actually read my work which is very unusual and she participated in discussions!! The two students who did not like the class are obviously not ready for college. This was the best online class at SLCC with the a great and caring teacher.

8/26/10

FHS2450

It's true she's a tough professor. She doesn't accept late work, but you'll never learn more or enjoy a class more. She's a very involved, dynamic online instructor. Highly recommend.

5/2/10

FHS2450

Favorite college course ever! Everyone raves about her unless they didn't do the work. She's strict but fair, open-minded, organized, quick to respond to the online class, and generous with extra points. You will learn SO much applicable information. Awesome teacher!

More Family & Human Studies professors at Salt Lake Community College