Ana Cowo at Broward College (all campuses)

Ana Cowo

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/9/13

ENC2201

She thinks that she is the greatest thing that God put in earth, because she was comming from a small country in the middle of nowhere and she was able to go to college after she marry her american husband. She is kind of confusing, not so good to grade works, and usually can take up to 2+ weeks to get your works graded, so just have patience...

12/10/12

Enc1102

I just finished Professor Cowo's online Enc1102 class. I would definitely recommend her. I am TERRIBLE in English. Class is not Easy but if you do the work you can get an A. She is a tough grader (grammar, sentence structure) but always willing to help. Responds to emails almost immediately. You use the textbook every lesson! You write 4 papers ttl

8/9/11

Enc0012

Taking her class online and she is not helpful at all.... she takes forever to grade assignments and not ready to reply to emails. We also had issues with a program on blackboard and she replied just a couple of hours before the deadline of the assignment.

7/5/11

COMPOSumm

New model for teacher and leader preparation. She is great Love the way she teach. Get ready for the real word. Remember this is not High School...:)

6/23/11

ENC1101

THIS TEACHER IS OK. SHE LACKS TO GET YOUR GRADES TO YOU FOR EACH ASSIGNMENT. IT SEEMS SHE EXPECT YOU TO BE A PROFESSIONAL WRITER IN ENG1101. GOT HALF MY GRADES TWO DAYS BEFORE SCHOOL WAS OVER. DO NOT RESPONDS TO EMAILS IN REGARDS TO GRADES. I GOT A B+. ONE POINT AWAY FROM AN 'A'. SHE WILL GIVE U SUGESTIONS, IF U ASK. OTHER THEN THAT, SHE IS OK.

6/8/11

ENC1101

I am currently taking this professor's class online and i have to say she is fairly easy but is very lackadaisical teacher. She gives assignments and takes forever to grade them. She is never online and she takes forever to answer your questions or emails. Do not take here but if you do it will be and experience you'll never forget.

3/24/11

ENC1102

I loved the assignments but hated her as a teacher. I basically learned everything on my own and when she did grade our work like 5 weeks later, I had already learned what mistakes I made. Which sucks for the assignments in between. She makes mistakes all the time and is not flexible at all. Smarthinking was my professor, and I hate smarthinking.

12/14/10

encENG

This professor is not a good one for online classes, she takes forever to grade papers, her feedback is limited, so that learning from her is impossible. She not at all flexible yet she expects her students to be. I consider myself a good writer as I got A's in my other writing classes in Cowo's class I barely got a C...think she loves giving C's.

12/14/10

encENG

11/12/10

ENC1101

TERRIBLE.Cowo often DOES NOT grade your paper before the next paper is due. No way for one improve. Her feedback (when she finally provides it) is very vague. She will say "your phrasing is awkward" but will not give specific suggestions to help you. Has no tolerance, yet she grades late, and is VERY unprofessional with her feedback. DO NOT TAKE!!

11/7/10

ENC1101

She is extremely knowledgeable! Really knows writing. And that is the problem, she will accept nothing but the best. This is a class for writers, not for people that need to learn. I am a person that likes to study, I did everything she asked on time, read the material, asked question to clarify and BARELY passed with a C.

11/3/10

ENC1102

In my opinion, she is a very good teacher. She is very helpful and she just wants her students to have a good quality of writing. Yes, she can grade hard but overall I think she is a fair teacher. In her class, you have to work very hard for your grade but in the end it will be worth it since at the end you will know how to write a proper paper.

10/18/10

Geb3213

This is the worst teacher at Broward College. She doesn't grade fairly. Many writing assignments and zero mistake. I've already taken 8 writing classes. I passed all of the with A+. However, for this class, I got C. If you want to loose your money, take her class.

7/29/10

ENC2210

Professor Cowo, is excellent and I enjoyed her class very much. I wish I had taken this class in the fall instead of the summer, there is a lot to learn and the summer does not give enough time. This class is all about writing and perfection is the ultimate goal. If your goal is to learn to write perfect take this class. I love it.

7/8/10

encenc

she is ok.. but a lot of group works.. class was not that hard... but there is a lot of presentations and stuff.. i feel like she is not that fair with grades, she wants everything to be completely perfect... i still got a B in the class... it was okay.

5/1/10

ENC1102

if u like to spend all your time doin group work and stupid english papers i say take her. But compared to teachers who taught english twicw as long as her shes horrible. Her teaching skills are all over the place and she is not very understanding. I do not recommend her. take Alberti.

4/29/10

ENC1102

I took her online class and it was horrible. She takes off a lot points errors on a paper. Only one extra credit assignment given and it was during the week around 1pm. If people are taking an online classes, doesn't that mean that students either work or are unble to make it to class. Why would that be the only extra credit.DO NOT TAKE HER ONLINE!

3/3/10

ENC1102

TOOK HER ENC1102 ONLINE AND WAS A BIT CONFUSING ON DUE DATES. SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LATE ASSIGNMENTS. NOT EVEN PARTIAL CREDIT. IF YOU DO TAKE HER...MAKE SURE YOU REALLY LOOK INTO DUE DATES. SHE DEDUCTS POINTS FOR EVERY LITTLE THING

12/14/09

ENC2210

Shes a cool professor but man does she deduct points for a little error on your papers!! I cant lie and say there were times I wanted to throw a book at her for her grading scale but the assignments overall are EASY. She does take attendance and theres no final or exams just a couple of group projects.

12/13/09

ENC1102

I took her online class for ENC1102. I would recommend taking her online class. She is fair on the grading and as long as she feels you tried she will give you a passing grade.

More English professors at Broward College (all campuses)

1.7