Sammy Gouti at University of Houston Downtown

Number of ratings 18 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

5/14/14

PSY 4306

Grade ReceivedB

Mr. Gouti is a great teacher, he has a great memory, excellent communicator, and great human to boot. A++++ Can't say enough good things about him! I took Theories of Personality with him and do not regret it!

12/4/13

PSYC 2310

This class was a total joke. He lectured for the first few weeks of class, but it was 100% terrible student presentations after that. I studied so hard for the midterm, because he didn't give back grades on presentations until the end, only to find out the test was incredibly easy. Take for an easy A, not if you actually want to learn the material.

7/24/13

Sociology

Professor Gouti is the best professor I have ever had. He is an excellent professor. He is very well-prepared for each lecture. His lectures are very interesting and informative. If you want to learn about Sociology, or if you need to take a course in Sociology, I highly recommend Professor Gouti.

7/4/13

SOC 1303

I enjoyed his class, learned a quite a bit of terminology in Sociology. He is hyper aware. Great human being and wonderful educator.

5/19/13

SOC 1303

It starts well, but then becomes too repetitive and uninteresting. For those in humanities, run away! You will not have sufficient basis for the advanced classes that will have later. For the others, take it! The presence isn't mandatory, the tests are easy, and the essay is in a topic of your interest. Got an A - I didn't learn anything!

12/28/11

socio1301

teacher helped teach the subject matter to students in a clear manner that helped everyone understand what would be expected on tests, in order to do well in the class this teacher gives u a study guide that helps you for his exams and the semester. take him and u will not be disappointed. Good teacher Famous for teaching sociology classes at UHD.

6/14/11

SOC1303

Professor Gouti is one of the best progessors I have ever had, teaching at this University. I recommend him to every student interested in taking a course in Sociology.

1/20/11

SOC3304

Haha this professor is a joke. Showed up for class about 50% of the time, even then he was always 15-30 minutes late. This class was super easy, but I didn't learn anything new.

12/28/09

Soc1303

This teacher is easy. If you want an A take him. We had 3 tests including the final and a paper. I passed with an A and all I did was come to class and take notes. I never read the book once. Don't buy it and don't buy his research manual. You do not need them.

12/27/09

SOC1303

Professor Gouti is an excellent lecturer. He has a very good teaching style. I highly recommend him to every and all students taking a course in intoductinon to sociology. You will enjoy his lectures.

12/16/09

SOC1303

Boring lecture, basically straight out of the book with a few addition's. Very slow returning emails. If you want to take this class, find another teacher. If you must take him, don't expect much.

12/14/09

Soc1303

I love this teacher. He was super easy. As long as you attend class and take notes, you will pass. He tells you what will be on the tests and what to study. We only had 3 tests including the final and one paper due which was pretty easy. I wish he taught all of my classes!

12/8/09

soc1303

GREAT TEACHER. Extremely clear in his lectures. He has a very excellent knowledge and understanding of sociology. I found his lectures to be very inspiring. I learned so much about sociology in his class. I highly recommend Professor Gouti to every student who is interested in taking a course in sociology.

12/7/09

SOCIO1303

The best Professor I have ever had.

11/16/09

SocSc2304

EASY! REPITITION all the way. Tests are straight from your notes & his handout book. I have to disagree with others about not learning in his class. He is boring & class is quiet, however, we're not here to have a party. We're here to learn & pass & that's guaranteed with him.

10/29/09

SOC1303

All I can say is BLAH. If you want an easy grade and don't give a flip about soc, then take him. If you actually want to learn something, do yourself a favor and find a real teacher. He is boring, has no zero personality and is ALWAYS rudely late (like 20 minutes!).

7/8/09

SOC1303

Professor Gouti is an amazing teacher. And it is not an easy of an "A" as the other student describes. Many students had trouble in my class, simply because they weren't doing the required readings. He is very clear on what he wants you to know for the test. I would definately take this teacher again!

4/18/09

Soc1302

He's a pretty easy teacher..three test which comes from notes and some definitions from the book and a paper at the end.if your a sociology of phychology major dont take him..but if your lookin for an easy "A" then take him cuz theres no way u can get anythin lower than an "A" he makes the review for the test harder than it relly is!! he so easy!!!

More Sociology professors at University of Houston Downtown