in University of Houston-Clear Lake that teach Political Science Edit
at University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, TX
are you William Hoston?
10/29/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I agree he is BIG on attendance. I can say Dr. Hoston keeps the class entertained and interesting. Im not a fan of politics, but I like the course. Great teacher!

10/29/2014
good
2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

Make sure you show up to class, because you're gonna fail otherwise. Not even kidding. But come to class, participate in the class discussions, and consider yourself bettered as a human being for being in this class. Cuz he will challenge all of your opinions, play devil's advocate, and make you respect him for it. Study and you will pass the class

10/26/2014
good
LSAT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Respected by students"

Excellent LSAT preparer! I made a 168! Helped me in all the sections of the LSAT!

10/25/2014
good
POLS Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Participation matters" "Amazing lectures"

So love Dr. Hostons class. I have an A. I would definitely take again.

10/18/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Big time extra credit" "Participation matters"

Dr. Hoston makes class very interesting. One of the few classes I actually like at UHCL.

10/12/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Big time extra credit" "Respected by students" "Would take again"

Best professor I've ever had

10/09/2014
good
Govt 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Inspirational" "Gives good feedback"

Awesome class! I really like it. His freshman success book helped me big time. Grades fast, keeps Blackboard updated and always available to help.

10/08/2014
good
SOCI 4931 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"Participation matters" "Big time extra credit" "Get ready to read"

He makes class interesting, but he has quite the ego. In our class, the only book we bought was one that he had written (it had nothing to do with the topic of the course). He had his review his book and review a documentary that he made, but other than that you only have a mid-term and a final exam.

09/16/2014
good
POLS 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "Respected by students" "Would take again"

My favorite professor at UHCL. Makes class fun and enjoyable.

09/02/2014
good
POLS2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

Interesting class so far I did not believe I would like politics, BORINGGGGGG. I can say that Dr. Hoston makes it fun to learn about.

08/10/2014
good
Legis3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The 5-week online class was intense, but very interesting selected topics. Wish there were more like him at UHCL.

08/08/2014
good
LEGS3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Great class! Very surprised that I actually enjoyed a political science class. The professor made the exams and reading interesting.

07/22/2014
good
LSAT PREP Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hands down! The best professor at UHCL without question. Always available to help.

07/08/2014
good
CrimDeviance Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was an enjoyable online class. The topics were engaging and opened my eyes to a lot of issues. I recommend it.

06/21/2014
good
CRIM3335 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor! I wish I could take all my classes with Dr. Hoston. He sends the online class as a zip file to students that work & have families for their convenience. I truly appreciate that!

05/20/2014
good
POLS 4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hoston is a great mentor! Goes out of his way to help students accomplish their goals.

04/25/2014
good
SOC 4931 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had the black male course with Dr. Hoston and it was fantastic. I learned a awful lot. The reading were insightful and he opens all the materials up for students that is really helpful.

04/08/2014
good
CRIM4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

First professor in my college time to actually challenge me. He can be tough and direct but is VERY helpful. I appreciated him for career guidance. Awesome professor! Best at UHCL!

03/21/2014
good
LSAT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Thanks to Dr. Hoston I just received admittance to a top law school! Great teacher and motivator!

03/19/2014
good
CRIM 4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

My favorite professor at UHCL. One of the few ppl that genuinely cares about students. Always available to help students.