in University of Houston-Clear Lake that teach Political Science Edit
at University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, TX
are you William Hoston?
12/11/2014
good
POLS 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Amazing lectures" "Respected by students"

Really enjoyed this class. Follow the reviews for his exams and pay attention to his lectures. He advocates for his students success and enjoys his job as a professor.

12/05/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"Participation matters" "Amazing lectures" "Respected by students"

First semester of college was great! My favorite class so far. Dr. Hoston made it fun and interesting. Make sure you go to class he's big on attendance.

11/20/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Amazing lectures" "Hilarious" "Participation matters"

Thankful for Dr. Hostons class. Exams are clear and he gives an excellent review sheet. Write out the review, study it and you should be fine. Love this class.

11/11/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Amazing lectures" "Participation matters" "Would take again"

I love this class so much that I am sadden that I have already taken Federal Govt and even considered taking it again just to have this Professor again. He gives a great perspective on current events and gets everyone thinking. This is the best instructor I have ever had hands down.

11/08/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Hilarious" "Respected by students"

Dr. Hoston is hands down the best teacher I have EVER had. He focuses on current events and readily gives life lessons just because he genuinely cares about his students. I'm taking him again next semester because of how much I enjoy his lectures and approach. Tests are easy, do the reviews, don't buy the textbook, and SHOW UP TO CLASS. Awesome guy

11/07/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-
"Amazing lectures" "Inspirational" "Participation matters"

Best class on campus. I've learned a lot! Big on attendance, tests are fairly easy if you study the review.

11/04/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Participation matters" "Amazing lectures" "Hilarious"

He is HILARIOUS, and he is way more concerned with how you view the world than with what's in a textbook. His tests are exact replicas of the review, which you get a week in advance. Only complaint is that he required us to buy a $100 textbook that we haven't looked at once. LOTS of class debate btw.

11/04/2014
good
2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Amazing lectures" "Respected by students" "Participation matters"

Makes class interesting early in the morning. Give good reviews and lots of extra credit. Test aren't bad. Covers everything. I really like the class.

10/29/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I agree he is BIG on attendance. I can say Dr. Hoston keeps the class entertained and interesting. Im not a fan of politics, but I like the course. Great teacher!

10/29/2014
good
2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

Make sure you show up to class, because you're gonna fail otherwise. Not even kidding. But come to class, participate in the class discussions, and consider yourself bettered as a human being for being in this class. Cuz he will challenge all of your opinions, play devil's advocate, and make you respect him for it. Study and you will pass the class

10/26/2014
good
LSAT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Inspirational"

Excellent LSAT preparer! I made a 168! Helped me in all the sections of the LSAT!

10/25/2014
good
POLS Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Participation matters" "Amazing lectures"

So love Dr. Hostons class. I have an A. I would definitely take again.

10/18/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "Amazing lectures" "Participation matters"

Dr. Hoston makes class very interesting. One of the few classes I actually like at UHCL.

10/12/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Respected by students" "Big time extra credit"

Best professor I've ever had

10/09/2014
good
Govt 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Inspirational" "There for you"

Awesome class! I really like it. His freshman success book helped me big time. Grades fast, keeps Blackboard updated and always available to help.

10/08/2014
good
SOCI 4931 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"Get ready to read" "Big time extra credit" "Participation matters"

He makes class interesting, but he has quite the ego. In our class, the only book we bought was one that he had written (it had nothing to do with the topic of the course). He had his review his book and review a documentary that he made, but other than that you only have a mid-term and a final exam.

09/16/2014
good
POLS 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Would take again" "Hilarious"

My favorite professor at UHCL. Makes class fun and enjoyable.

09/02/2014
good
POLS2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

Interesting class so far I did not believe I would like politics, BORINGGGGGG. I can say that Dr. Hoston makes it fun to learn about.

08/10/2014
good
Legis3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The 5-week online class was intense, but very interesting selected topics. Wish there were more like him at UHCL.

08/08/2014
good
LEGS3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Great class! Very surprised that I actually enjoyed a political science class. The professor made the exams and reading interesting.