in University of Houston-Clear Lake that teach Political Science Edit
are you William Hoston?
B-
10/18/2014
good
2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "Amazing lectures" "Participation matters"

Dr. Hoston makes class very interesting. One of the few classes I actually like at UHCL.

10/12/2014
good
POLS 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Big time extra credit" "Respected by students"

Best professor I've ever had

10/09/2014
good
Govt 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Gives good feedback" "There for you"

Awesome class! I really like it. His freshman success book helped me big time. Grades fast, keeps Blackboard updated and always available to help.

10/08/2014
good
SOCI 4931 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-
"Participation matters" "Big time extra credit" "Get ready to read"

He makes class interesting, but he has quite the ego. In our class, the only book we bought was one that he had written (it had nothing to do with the topic of the course). He had his review his book and review a documentary that he made, but other than that you only have a mid-term and a final exam.

09/16/2014
good
POLS 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "Respected by students" "Would take again"

My favorite professor at UHCL. Makes class fun and enjoyable.

09/02/2014
good
POLS2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

Interesting class so far I did not believe I would like politics, BORINGGGGGG. I can say that Dr. Hoston makes it fun to learn about.

08/10/2014
good
Legis3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The 5-week online class was intense, but very interesting selected topics. Wish there were more like him at UHCL.

08/08/2014
good
LEGS3331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Great class! Very surprised that I actually enjoyed a political science class. The professor made the exams and reading interesting.

07/22/2014
good
LSAT PREP Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hands down! The best professor at UHCL without question. Always available to help.

07/08/2014
good
CrimDeviance Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was an enjoyable online class. The topics were engaging and opened my eyes to a lot of issues. I recommend it.

06/21/2014
good
CRIM3335 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor! I wish I could take all my classes with Dr. Hoston. He sends the online class as a zip file to students that work & have families for their convenience. I truly appreciate that!

05/20/2014
good
POLS 4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hoston is a great mentor! Goes out of his way to help students accomplish their goals.

04/25/2014
good
SOC 4931 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had the black male course with Dr. Hoston and it was fantastic. I learned a awful lot. The reading were insightful and he opens all the materials up for students that is really helpful.

04/08/2014
good
CRIM4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

First professor in my college time to actually challenge me. He can be tough and direct but is VERY helpful. I appreciated him for career guidance. Awesome professor! Best at UHCL!

03/21/2014
good
LSAT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Thanks to Dr. Hoston I just received admittance to a top law school! Great teacher and motivator!

03/19/2014
good
CRIM 4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

My favorite professor at UHCL. One of the few ppl that genuinely cares about students. Always available to help students.

02/18/2014
good
CRIM 4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hoston is the most compassionate professor I have ever met genuinely helps students and cares about them doing well in class. Hard at times but fair.

01/23/2014
good
Life101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great presenter! Dr. Hoston visited our high school and gave a passionate motivational speech. Our students really liked him.

01/05/2014
good
Law Prep Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

163 on the LSAT! Dr. Hoston does an amazing job teaching the LSAT stuff and motivating students! One of the best professors on campus.

01/02/2014
good
LSAT4931 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best ever. I received my December LSAT scores today 171! I took his LSAT class and the tutoring service he offers. UT here I come!