in College of Southern Nevada that teach Biology Edit
are you Lois Merkler?
B-

09/18/2014
good
Bio 189 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "There for you" "Respected by students"

One of the best bio instructors I have had at CSN As a health science major I''ve had many and she is one of the best for sure. Bio 189 can be hard course if you do not have experience in chem or bio but she is very help and will take all the time needed to help you understand the topics Best instructor

05/22/2014
good
Biol 197 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Merkler is a great professor! She takes the time to answer question in class and lab. I enjoyed her class very much! She teaches off of power points, they contain useful information. She does have them online in case you want to print them out. Her tests aren't too bad if you take the time to study. Overall great professor would def recommend

12/21/2013
good
Biol 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Merkler actually bides her time when lecturing. She wants you to succeed and is more than willing to help if you ask for it. Read your textbook for reinforcement, but mostly study the notes and you'll do alright. The tests are a little challenging, but she does not believe in nasty ambushes. Believe it or not she'll do job if you do yours.

12/17/2013
good
BIOL116 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took her for natural history and it was somewhat challenging. The tests are based completely off lecture notes. There are 4 identification tests (plants, birds, reptiles, mammals) that are impossible to pass if you don't study; however, she gives a study sheet for them. Various field trips throughout class. Very interesting class.

08/19/2013
good
Bio 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B-

Very good teacher she tells you up front that its a fast paced class. she reminds you of drop dates and gives you a chance to move to a lower level bio class if you cant handle 189. i didnt really need to use the book i went off notes. hws are fairly easy except dna. test are straight foreward as well. all around good teacher

07/31/2013
good
Biol 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful teacher. It's a hard class but she did a good job breaking it down. Read the chapter before the lecture, take good notes and listen, study the notes for the tests. I earned an A and I mean EARNED. I felt lucky to have her...could have been much worse.

07/16/2013
good
BIOL189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The best teacher I ever taken. She does put out lots of notes for you to copy but if you listen, pay attention and study. You will pass her class. She makes learning fun. She brings in visual aids and is willing to explain things slowly for you to understand. Don't be afraid to let her know you don't understand because she will help you.

05/29/2013
bio 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I got a D and now I have to retake the class. Im not happy, you have to really really really study long and hard. Good Luck to those out there.

05/16/2013
good
Biology 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She's cool and all but I was disappointed. I didn't pass and I had a 4.0 GPA before taking her class. After my third exam I knew I wasn't going to pass. So for those who aren't bio masters I wouldn't recommend her. No study guides, online homework-mandatory, attendance-not mandatory. I'm pretty upset and sad because I have to take bio 189 again.

05/06/2013
good
Biology 189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Lois is very nice, always willing to help students after class, provng her time whenever needed, but she is very difficult. She is very fast pace and likes to keep on schedule if that means speeding up lectures. I have a complete notebook of notes that I have taken while attending all of her classes, she gives no study guides just tests and HW.