in Richland College that teach Computer Science Edit
at Richland College, Dallas, TX
are you Liem Le?

08/07/2014
good
COSC 1437 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took 1436 and 1437 with her and I really enjoyed them. She's sweet and she'll do her best to answer all of your questions. People need to stop complaining already, just read the book and do ALL the programming examples on the there and you will be fine I promise :) Can't wait for COSC 2436.

05/08/2014
Cosc 1415 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Incredibly hard. Tests are usually pulled straight from an online source, but her clarity and instructions are poor. I have a family member who is a professional programmer and cannot understand what our final project is asking. Do not take her if you plan on learning. No examples, labs are off with the curriculum.

02/14/2014
good
COSC-2436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

I took her about a year ago. She is incredibly kind, answers all questions, and is very helpful. Yes, English is not her first language, but this was not distracting to me. Workload was very reasonable. Tests were based on the homework. Just pay attention, study, and don't miss class (daily quiz). I learned a lot and totally recommend her. :)

12/16/2013
COSC-1437-81400 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

An unacceptably high amount of errors in lab and project instructions. Any programmer should know the importance of details. Put in the time to read the chapters and ace the open-book tests, and you should be alright. Expect to be frustrated by the lab instructions. You'll probably have to email her three times to get a question answered.

09/15/2013
COSC1436 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very bad instructor. She cannot explain things well, and there are errors everywhere. You pretty much have to learn from the textbook. She sometimes expects you to read over 100 pages in a week! Do yourself a favor, and find a different instructor!

02/18/2013
COSC1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Le is very hard to understand. Her lectures are worthless. She basically reads off a powerpoint for class. You will need to study the book and learn on your own. Attendance is mandatory, even though you will not learn anything in class. She cannot answer any questions either. The whole glass agreed that she is pretty useless.

02/12/2013
COSC1437 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took JAVA with Ms Le online. There is alot of work due every week, and 90% of her homework / quizzes have errors in the answers. THIS WILL EFFECT YOUR FINAL GRADE. It would be impossible to make an A due to the countless errors I alone found. This has been brought to her attention, and she says she will fix it, but apparently she does not. BEWARE

01/25/2013
COSC1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I have ever had. Heavy accent is impossible to understand. Unable to answer questions properly. Very rude in office visits. I had to learn everything on my own no thanks to Ms. Le. I have taken programming courses in high school, so I had some background knowledge to help me pass. I would definitely NOT recommend her! I regret it!

12/13/2012
good
Cosc1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took her online. Must read the textbook to understand concepts and ideas. She is super helpful and extremely lenient. Her homework had errors, and her labs were hard to understand, but she grades generously. Do the work and you will be fine. Sweetest lady in the world. I would take her for other programming classes.

07/21/2012
good
COSC1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This professor is a godsend. Lenient and reasonable. Class is almost too easy.