in University of Maryland University College that teach Criminal Justice Edit
Gayle Fisher-Stewart
Professor in the Criminal Justice department
at University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD
are you Gayle Fisher-Stewart?

05/11/2014
good
CCJS 340 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

EXCELLENT Professor. Very engaging and makes you think about the topics discussed in class. There's a lot of writing but it's very beneficial to your success in the class. Stay on top of your work and you will be fine. It's not easy...but its doable. Taking Prof. Fisher Stewart's class really helped me to excel in classes that followed.

12/23/2013
good
ccjs340 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

lots of writing...but excellent professor...knows her stuff!!! be prepared to engage yourself...lots of discussions within weekly discussions...passionate about the material..!!

12/15/2013
good

Assigned a lot of homework but all worth while reading. On paper week the homework was reduced. Class over Thanksgiving week was easy very respectful of the idea that we still have lives outside of school. Wonderful instructor knows their stuff!!

04/16/2013
good
CCJS340 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic instructor! Very helpful and willing to quick to reply to questions. Professor fisher-stewart's homework is very open ended and the student gets as much out of it as they are willing to put into it. 4 papers were assigned during the semester, all of which were interesting as well as challenging. I would take a course w/ her again.

12/30/2012
good
Hrse Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent instructor. Compelling discussions, with high class involvement. I highly recommend Professor Stewart.

05/03/2012
good
ccjs340 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Law Enforcement Administration. If you are planning to become a manager at any level in law enforcement , security or corrections this class is very useful. Professor does grade hard but this helped prepared me for my other classes and improved my writing skills. Class weekly conferences requires participation but not anything unusual.

11/11/2011
good
CCJS370 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Race Crime & Criminal Justice. Loads you with work. She wants you to think about what you are writing. online Class, she wanted us to post an answer to our conference and then respond to at least 2 classmates. I thought she was tough. Her writing assignments I thought were too much. I liked her, but I wouldn't take another class with her.

03/19/2010
good
CJS100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took my first CJ class with her in 2005 and my last CJ class with her in 2009. High standards, but fair and she ran the classes like she knew that we were humans also. Very beneficial for the working student.

08/07/2009
good
CCJS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the most caring about her students after school teaching and intro to the work force all at once. I she you in Fall.

07/10/2009
good
CCJS370 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is one of the best professors that I have taken. She is fair and extremely responsive to email and conference questions. This was my 3rd class with her. Great professor, very fair grader.