Gayle Fisher-Stewart at University of Maryland University College

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/11/14

CCJS 340

Grade ReceivedA+

EXCELLENT Professor. Very engaging and makes you think about the topics discussed in class. There's a lot of writing but it's very beneficial to your success in the class. Stay on top of your work and you will be fine. It's not easy...but its doable. Taking Prof. Fisher Stewart's class really helped me to excel in classes that followed.

12/23/13

ccjs340

lots of writing...but excellent professor...knows her stuff!!! be prepared to engage yourself...lots of discussions within weekly discussions...passionate about the material..!!

12/15/13

CCJS 340

Grade ReceivedA+

Assigned a lot of homework but all worth while reading. On paper week the homework was reduced. Class over Thanksgiving week was easy very respectful of the idea that we still have lives outside of school. Wonderful instructor knows their stuff!!

4/16/13

CCJS340

Fantastic instructor! Very helpful and willing to quick to reply to questions. Professor fisher-stewart's homework is very open ended and the student gets as much out of it as they are willing to put into it. 4 papers were assigned during the semester, all of which were interesting as well as challenging. I would take a course w/ her again.

12/30/12

Hrse

Excellent instructor. Compelling discussions, with high class involvement. I highly recommend Professor Stewart.

5/3/12

ccjs340

Law Enforcement Administration. If you are planning to become a manager at any level in law enforcement , security or corrections this class is very useful. Professor does grade hard but this helped prepared me for my other classes and improved my writing skills. Class weekly conferences requires participation but not anything unusual.

11/11/11

CCJS370

Race Crime & Criminal Justice. Loads you with work. She wants you to think about what you are writing. online Class, she wanted us to post an answer to our conference and then respond to at least 2 classmates. I thought she was tough. Her writing assignments I thought were too much. I liked her, but I wouldn't take another class with her.

3/19/10

CJS100

I took my first CJ class with her in 2005 and my last CJ class with her in 2009. High standards, but fair and she ran the classes like she knew that we were humans also. Very beneficial for the working student.

8/7/09

CCJS101

This was one of the most caring about her students after school teaching and intro to the work force all at once. I she you in Fall.

7/10/09

CCJS370

This is one of the best professors that I have taken. She is fair and extremely responsive to email and conference questions. This was my 3rd class with her. Great professor, very fair grader.

More Criminal Justice professors at University of Maryland University College