in University of Toledo that teach Engineering Technology Edit
at University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
are you Gary Daugherty?

10/29/2014
good
ENGT3010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Participation matters" "Clear grading criteria"

Engineering stats was made easy and clear. Show up and pay attention and you will pass with a good grade. Write down what he says and you will get an A. Don't bother with the textbook, didn't open it once.

08/25/2014
good
ENGT3010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Take this professor. He is truly a advocate for the student and tries to guide the students to success.

12/16/2013
good
ENGT2500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I finally got the chance to take a course that I know for sure I will use after I graduate. The book was useful, but the professor's lectures about his actual experiences as a project manager made the course fantastic. The term project was great and the class got a chance to put together a project that was relevant.

05/04/2013
good
ENGT3600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I've taken three courses from Professor Daugherty and did pretty good in all three. I took the FE Exam and was pleased that I had been prepared well for this exam by Professor Daugherty. We need more professors like him. I'm graduating this semester and he will be one of the professors I will remeber the most.

04/09/2013
good
ENGT2050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Always welcomes suggestions from the class. Not many teachers allow that. Take this guy if you can, you won't regret it.

12/10/2012
good
ENGT3010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is the best! He really tries hard you help the students learn, and he really puts every effort possible. I recommend keeping up on your "Book of experiences", and take good notes. Test are open notes. Read the questions carefully. Be on time for class respectful. If you don't get an "A" in his class, it is your own fault. He really every effort.

06/11/2012
good
Stats001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Statistics is a required course and I feared taking it. Since I took this professor for another class I knew I'd get a fair shake. I hoped I'd get a C+, but that wasn't in the cards. I am very satisfied with the class and the professor. I recommend this professor.

05/15/2012
good
stats001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I was terrified about taking this course, but now I'm glad I did from this professor. He's a fantastic teacher. One of, if not the best, instructors I've had. Statistics isn't a easy course, but the instructor took the class step by step through the material and gave us all the opportunity to do well.

04/21/2012
good
Econ001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This professor's teaching of the course content and real world applications gave me confidence that I am ready to confidently move ahead with my career after graduation this spring. I wish I had a chance to take other classes from him.

01/02/2012
good

I took two classes with him Fall 2011, Engineering Economics and Statistics. He made both classes very interesting and fun. Most of my professors are boring, but Professor Daugherty has a teaching style that made me excited about coming to class. I learned a great deal. My managers on my job were impressed.

09/17/2011
good
Cap003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My senior project group had Professor Daugherty as an advisor. All five of us enjoyed working with him because he would help us understand the real world issues regarding our project. He also emphasized the importance of goal setting, structure and methods of project presentation.

05/21/2011
good
econ1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I found him always willing to help me understand a problem. I'm terrible with financial type stuff, but this class was fun and I learned a lot. I've heard he's good at other courses such as statistics. I will try to take the course next semester.

05/10/2011
good
CIVE001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Systems Analysis from this professor. It was a very hard course, but the professor did a great job presenting the subject matter in a learn-able way. His introduction of real world analysis was very educational and presented course work work using practical applications. I didn't like having to do a term paper.

01/05/2011
good
ENG2980 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Seems to pride himself in students learning the subject matter. Truly tries to educate the students and gives students many chances to do well. Likes to introduce irrelevant information on tests to test if the student think outside the box. Difinetly an excellent professor. Wish the school had more like him.

12/29/2009
good
ENGT3010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Likes to call himself the classroom Nazi. Hes a pretty easy grader and minimal homework. Attendance is not mandatory but he has a lot of pop quizzes (most of which are just attendance pop quizzes so you just sign your name). Overall the class was very easy and I would advise this professor.

12/09/2009
good
ENGT3010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Easy grader, minimal hw, tests are pretty easy although each problem is weighted heavily so if you get one wrong it can mean a C. Makes you keep a "book of experiences" aka all the things he hands out, notes, tests, etc. so have this with you at all times. If you have a chance to take a class with him do it, you will at the VERY LEAST get a C.