in San Diego Mesa College that teach Ethnic Studies Edit
Professor in the Ethnic Studies department
at San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, CA
are you Starla Lewis?

07/14/2013
COMS103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The course would have been more useful if she stuck to the course material she was more about self help than communications. She would tell us about conspiracy theory as if it were fact. I don't think black history or feminism helps in the expanding of society if the focus is on self pity and mistrust.

05/23/2013
BLAS105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Lewis is such a chiller! I was BAKED every day in that class and still got an A. One of the classes I took with her, we went up in front on the last day and told her what grade we thought we deserved, and she gave us whatever we said!

12/12/2012
good
BLK100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was a very inspiring and overall great teacher! I love the way she shared her knowledge about the world to her students. She cares about her students and their education. Everyone should take her class, she will definitely change your perspective on life!!

06/30/2012
good
COMS103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I can honestly say she was one of the greatest teachers I've ever had. Really puts things into perspective and opens the mind of her students. I, as many others in the class, was not expecting it to be communications from a black perspective, but it turned out to be a great mind-opening surprise. I would highly recommend this teacher for any class!

05/24/2012
good
COMS103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher plain and simple. The class was NOT what I expected, but then again, it was not a class I expected to look forward to and I found myself always smiling afterward. She is a fountain of knowledge and love.