Hugh Culik at Macomb Community College (all campuses)

Hugh Culik

Number of ratings 38 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

2/28/14

engl 1180

unbelievable teacher. This instructor has made me one hell of a writer. anyone that rates him low just does not care about the class. I wish i can more classes with him. Thank You for all your help.

1/21/14

ENGL1180

Hugh is one of the best professors I've ever had. At the beginning of the semester I was a little scared but it turned out to be my favorite class. HE is very understanding and is willing to work with you if your serious about your work. Make sure you participate in class complete all your papers and come to class on time and you'll be fine.

1/16/14

In the beginning I thought I was screwed. But then I hung on and it was easy. You will be amazing at writing by the end of the semester. I'll admit you have a lot of work, but it's worth it. He is completely understanding and such a nice professor. EASY GRADER so don't be fooled. So nice really. You will learn lots

1/15/14

ENGL1180

Honestly, this guy is a miracle. He made me a great writer by criticizing my work, in a helpful way. I had an emergency and had to miss a lot of class, he let me work from home essentially. Extremely understanding and can hold a good conversation with you regarding ANYTHING. Only 5 papers, 2 homework assignments each, did not take long to complete.

12/19/13

ENGL-1190

Professor Culik makes you think in a whole new way. Be prepared to work hard and get things in on time even or you can easily get behind. Great person and teacher. I was blessed to have him. Must attend class unless you have extreme situation talk with him privately if you need help or time . He really wants everyone to succeed.

12/5/13

C1609

Amazing professor, highly recommend taking his class, interesting assignments, rarely use textbook (don't bother buying it at all), very strict attendance procedure

12/4/13

ENGL 1180

At first this class may seem hard. Just give if time. I must say this is a GREAT professor. I hate writing papers but I feel like I've became a better writer because of this class.

12/2/13

ENGL1180

I have never met such an amazing professor. Throughout the course you must write 5 papers which are simple and you have a lot of time to finish. If you ever have any questions he will always help you until you understand. He actually likes when people ask questions and participate in class discussions. Highly recommend!

11/1/13

English 1190

GREAT PROFESSOR!! I hate writing papers but he made it interesting! I got a 4.0 in the class he wants to see you succeed ask questions do the work you will be fine. Good luck

10/29/13

ENGLISH 1190

Hugh is a teacher that wants to teach his students the correct way of writing and thinking,so they are able to be functioning adults. The problem is not him, its that most people in his class have no desire to be a adult yet. His expectations are clear, he grades above fair and he is always open to communicate with.

9/29/13

Engl 1180

Awesome Professor, once you get used to his unique style for writing paper, you understand how helpful the TAQ sheets and P&P sheets are. Very interesting, and nice professor. Just make sure you do the work or you WILL fall behind.

9/25/13

Engl1180

Get another professor. He teaches must differently from all the other English professors I've had at MCC. Be prepared to fail and prepared to use all your printer ink on these pointless TAQ sheets which u learn nothing from. First day of school, he said the previous semester had only 7 people at the end. He was proud of that? Horrible professor.

9/22/13

Engl1180

Teacher should be fired. Horrible teacher does not know how to teach. He does not know the first thing about being a teacher. He himself should go back to school and learn proper English. Had over 4.0... Not anymore. Drop him leave him decide otherwise. Had 2 other teachers, they are great.

9/2/13

engl-1180

Teacher really helps you improve your writing skills. All I can say to anyone thinking about him as a professor, If you work full time do not take him. He gives out assignments that do not realistically give someone with a busy schedule enough time do complete.

8/16/13

ENG-1180

Grade ReceivedA-

Awesome Professor! He was very helpful and was extremely clear in his expectations.You get the grade you earn he doesn't play favorites he just grades quality.He is one of my favorite Professors to date by far.I recommend his Eng communications class with two thumbs up!

7/19/13

english 1180

great teacher, he is always available for any questions. He was my 1st class back at college and I loved it. he makes you think and his way of writing really works if you give it a shot.

7/11/13

ENGL 1180

Hugh is probably the best professor I've ever had. His class really challenged me, but it was worth it. He teaches things applicable to real-life situations, and he was also very prompt in responding to emails/returning calls when help was needed. I'd definitely recommend taking his class.

5/13/13

eng1190

I highly recommend him if you need english 1190 credit because the class is not that hard and he is a great professor. Also the process he makes you do is very helpful for his class and other writing courses.

5/11/13

ENGL1190

If you really want to improve your writing skills, take him. Attendance is mandatory, as well as class participation. If you do your work, participate, and show up, you will do just fine. Do not buy the book, you will not use it once! Professor Culik is a very fair professor and I would recommend taking him if you enjoy writing!

5/2/13

ENGL 1190

Prof Culik is a great professor! I hate writing papers and was nervous to start but as long as you participate in class, do your work you will be fine!! I got an A in the class with flying colors. Highly reccommend for you to take him!

More English professors at Macomb Community College (all campuses)