Kevin Smant at Tarrant County College (all)

Kevin Smant

Number of ratings 46 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

12/23/13

HIST 1302

This was my second course with Dr. Smant and both times I enjoyed his class. He loves history and you can't help but like it also. He uses videos and music to keep your interest. Believe me it worked on a Friday evening. I highly recommend Dr. Smant.

12/12/13

HIST1305

Funny professor and interesting class. I had him for Friday classes which were 3 hrs long, but he kept the class interesting with videos and music. All tests were ONLINE, but that does not mean they were easy! Don't think you can just google the answers and get an A. You have to use all your resources. Assignments online. Timed final. Good class!

12/11/13

HIST 1301

Took Online Class. He loves History and it shows. He has a good sense of humor. Uses Videos & Music in his lecture reviews. gives opportunity for 9 extra credit pts each test. Learned a lot. Need to read Text, watch videos and study the reviews. If you prioritize, you will make a good grade and learn some History! Recommend him for Hist 1301

10/21/13

HIST1301

Read the book or fail. Tests were all take home except the final, but you have to think critically about the answers. Not straight-forward at all! Overall good teacher, YOU WILL LEARN HISTORY if you want a good grade.

8/15/13

Grade ReceivedA+

**DL class. Easy A. I do not enjoy US history at all, and I very much enjoyed the textbook and the professor. Review sessions are helpful, and he gives an extra 5 points on the test if you go. Dr. Smant is very nice, helpful, and funny. I highly recommend the study guide because he uses those questions on the test!

8/11/13

HIST 1301

He loves history but so do I. Lectures are on video-free through BlackBoard. Videos are documentary style which made it more interesting & easier to learn material, practically through osmosis. Took in summer: 3 exams only. 5 points /reveiw attended. Recommend at least watch videos & go through study guide if don't read book. I thouroughly enjoyed!

7/7/13

HIST 1301

I just took his ITV class and it was very straight forward. You have to study thoroughly (I probably studied about 5 hours for each test) but everything is based directly off of his reviews. You can earn a total of 9 bonus points for each test, and I highly recommend going to his seminars. Ended up getting an A+ in the class

6/24/13

HIST-1301

*ONLINE* Best part... before every test there is a test prep seminar at NE where you get 5 points on your exam if you show. There are 3 exams and he drops the lowest then there is a FINAL which is not inclusive. There is oncampus testing. Would take again

5/10/13

Hist 1301

Made history interesting..... I made an A.....and I actually learned history. I recommend Dr.Smant.

4/24/13

Great teacher! class is very interesting and he supports his lectures with videos to make even more understandable. All test are from notes taken from class, so take good notes to pass plus are take home except final. Easiest A

3/28/13

HIST 1301

Awesome Teacher! Take good notes, record the lecture if you like. You'll need it for the tests. Use the book as back-up. Makes history interesting! I would take again!

11/14/12

Hist1302

This class is very easy!!! There is no way of failing this class!! He makes history very intresting and i definitely recommend to taking him! He's a great teacher! Just come to class and take notes if u miss a day u missed alot of information for the next exam!!! But overall he is the best!!

7/29/12

HIST1302

I took the ITV class. Keep in mind that history is my worst subject and I made an 89. He holds seminars/test reviews that are very helpful and reward extra credit. He is also a very funny, intersting guy. I'd take him again.

5/19/12

hist1301

I took the ITV course this spring. Great class, probably one of the easiest classes I've had in awhile. As long as you study his study guides and the study guide that goes with the book you will do fine. He does test reviews on campus before the tests, does a great job of covering the material!!

4/28/12

hist1301

Took ITV, really straightforward. He gives a study guide, so....if you do it the test is no problem. He drops the lowest test score, gives EC, and a curve. You need to buy both books, they are very inexpensive.

4/23/12

hist1302

I also got bored in class, yawn

4/23/12

Hist1302

his take home test had questions on things we didn't go over, don't need the book

2/15/12

hist1301

Great class. Great teacher. It is not easy class unless you study and read no going around the reading. But you hve pleanty tie given to get it down. no craming. Really nice teach and really helpful. thanks Dr. Smant!

1/2/12

GOVMT2305

I had no interest in Government whatsoever,& Professor Smant amazingly kept my attention with his diverse ways of teaching.He gives reviews and YOU WILL MAKE AN EASY A if you study them and take in class notes. I suggest his class 100%.

9/6/11

HIST1301

I took Mr. Smant's online class, overall I really enjoyed it. We would meet sometimes at TCC to review our tests and it was very helpful. He helped us out as much as possible. The tests were pretty easy as long as you studied for them! I would recommend him!

More History professors at Tarrant County College (all)