Nicholas Drapela at Oregon State University

Nicholas Drapela

Number of ratings 137 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

6/17/14

GS105

I cannot honestly say that Chemistry is a subject that I enjoy I was not looking forward to taking the class before I did. Because of Dr. Dapelas compassion for science he did a very good job at making the course material interesting and at keeping our curiosity levels peaked.I recommend his class to anyone considering a course in Chemistry.

12/14/13

One tough professor but is clear and very professional. Science is not my strength, but his quality of instruction helped me foster a successful grade. Very strong instructor.

6/23/12

CH121

great professor, very helpful, kind, and wants students to be successful

6/21/12

CH336

Even though I love chem. Drapela imo has always been the best in-class instructor in chemistry. His teaching style is hands down 2nd to none! as osu has now fired him. good luck to him and his family.

6/15/12

CH12X

Drapela was awesome for Chemistry. He makes a very hard subject fun and easier to understand. You can tell he actually cares about his students. My favorite teacher at OSU so far!

6/14/12

CH123

I am terrible at Chemistry and have looked at the subject as the obstacle I will have to pass in order to graduate. After having Dr. Weiss for 121 I was still left with little hope. However, I then took 122/123 with Dr. Drapela and I finally feel like I can make it to graduation. He was an outstanding professor and I will be forever grateful!

6/14/12

CH121

I hate chemistry. I never would have passed if not for Drapela. He is the best instructor I've ever had in a lecture setting. Classes were enjoyable and informative, and he expects his students to behave like adults. Awesome teacher!

CH331

Drapela used humor to engage the students in an early morning class, he was always upbeat and cheerful. I looked for more classes to take with him because he was so phenomenal

CH123

Great teacher. Clearly understands what he is doing and his lectures make perfect sense

chem123

Great teacher overall, engaging in classroom lectures and interested in the subject he is teaching. Knows the material we are covering in class inside and out.

CH331

Great teacher, great person.

Chem123

Dr. Drapela is incredible! Very strategic with his lectures and has creative ways to present the material. I was registered for the other OSU Gen Chem teacher but i never once went to her lectures. By far my favorite teacher at OSU!

A002

Best chem instructor I've had by far. Very good professor and well liked by everyone I've known who has had him. Very dynamic and willing not only to help his students, but he really goes above and beyond. I consider myself very lucky to have had Dr. Drapela.

CHEM123

Best professor I've yet to have at OSU. Understood everything he taught and he was very timely in answering any questions I had.

6/12/12

CH123

One of the best chemistry professors I have ever had. Extremely helpful.

CHEM123

Dr. Drapela was the best Chemistry professor I've ever had the pleasure of learning from. I know that a lot of us were very upset to hear that he had been let go from the university and we all believe it was a mistake. He was a great Chemistry professor and he should still be teaching here next term!

CH12x

Dr. Drapela is the greatest professor I've had! He explains concepts in such a way that anyone can understand. His tests are super easy. Of course, attending lecture is important - as with any class. Also, he has fabulous demonstrations. He is a wonderful teacher and I'm very sad to see him go.

Chem123

Go to the lectures and you will get good grades. The best Chemistry teacher I have had.

Chem123

He is a wonderful instructor. He really takes the time to explain the material and genuinely cares about his students. It is such a shame to see him leave.

chem121

Professor Drapela is able to teach his subject so that it is you can understand it and be interested in it. His tests are very fair they are always based on lectures and readings and do not attempt to trick you. He is a great guy.

More Chemistry professors at Oregon State University