Paul Derengowski at Tarrant County College (all)

Paul Derengowski

Number of ratings 43 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

PHIL1304

I REALLY REALLY ENJOYED THIS CLASS. I LOVED THE FACT THAT MR.D WAS LOADED WITH INFORMATION CONCERNING THE DIFFERENT RELIGIONS. I DO THINK THAT WERE SOME RELIGIONS HE FAVORED MORE THAN OTHERS BUT HE LET US KNOW UP FRONT THAT HE WAS TEACHING FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW! HIS POINT OF VIEW DID NOT OVERSHADOW THE OTHER RELIGIONS- HE STILL TAUGHT THEM A

phil1304

this teacher is so amazing hes my complete hero, na im just kidding but hes prety cool. he gives all the information and covers the topic prety clearly. i like the way he teaches hes real down to earth and fair.

phil1304

He is a good profesor, he teaches all the facts and knows the topic well. Hes very down to earth and easy to talk to wich is very helpful to students,and if you dont agree with him he is willing to work with you . hes deffenitaly for the students and our learning experiance.

PHIL1304

This professor definitely knows about religion and always backs everything with textual evidence. He pushes you to really think and use your brain and I love that he teaches everything from a Christian perspective. At times he can go on and on about a subject, moreso to prove a point. Suggest him to anyone taking this class!

PHIL1304

Grades and responds to emails quickly and he knows his stuff. The class is easy if you are willing to put in the effort and do the reading and assignments.

Phil1316

The class was amazing and I found that I didnt really know what I thought I knew. When one gets good teaching they can correctly discipher through all the false teachings. I am enriched and though my grade wasnt high, my spirit was truly lifted and I have become a more effective teacher through Mr. D's class. All students should explore his classes

PHIL1304

Prof D is very knowledgeable in all of the religions & does everything in his power to help you understand them. Not only is his class interesting, but he makes it fun by incorporating field experiences & mock trials. It is by no means a blow-off course, but if you study and take notes, you'll do fine. It's a great class taught by a great professor

phil1304

straight foward teacher... believes strongly in his religion... grades generously..

Phil1304

this class was ok but i didnt like that we had to write papers on religion

PHIL1304

wow, this semester has been wild in this class. I did have my doubts, thought it would be a easy a. maybe a blow off class, but boy was i wrong. The subject matter of this class is one of the taboo. But with the help of this professor we explored the deepest of most depts of some of the most power religions of today.

phil1316

prof is very disciplined, extremely organized, takes the class business very serious(kinda korny sometimes :-).the class structure is organized, interesting if you are willing to read, and i you might be enriched in the process of learning about the old testament. prof does test every class period, better be ready!-

Phil1316

Prof D has high expectations for you in his class. Discussions of topics will challenge you and what you believe. He doesn?t always do things as you think he should but there is a heart behind it and he is willing to help you out as long as you ask. I did not agree with him 100% of the time but he doesn?t hold that against you which is nice.

Phil1316

This assignment was given to us as extra,25 extra point which everyone could use. He does alot of babbeling to himself and rambeling on. He does have a large knowledge base about religion but maybe too much for a jr college class where the students are just trying to pass. He would be more effective on a collegiate level. Good Luck with this fella!

PHIL1316

The class was pretty interesting .We had good in class discussions .Sometimes will go too far and drags on with subjects .He will make you question your own beliefs .Are you just a sometimes believer? Made the Bible easier to understand. Writing assignments were sometimes boring. Reading quizzes and test weren?t bad just study and pay attention in

phil1316

When I first came to your class I thought this class was going to be a breeze. But day after day it became clear to me that that?s wasn?t the case. Every week we would have a writing assignment over a passage or verse we were studying that week. I thought that was going to be a piece of cake until I saw my first grade I think it was a 5 .now norma

Phil1316

This professor had alot of information to put out for the whole semester. I did like how he used the Bible not so much the text book to teach from. Our beliefs are different on a few things, which can be a hampering on being able to get through certain things, yet even still, he does stay within the Bible, the most important part of the class.

phil1316

I had never read the bible on my own. I never opened the pages unless i was at church. At first i was scared and didnt really care to take the class. But because the bible had never been explained to me before, i had became extremely interested and am thankful that i did end up in this course because now i have a better understanding of the bible.

PHIL1316

Professor Derengowski is a good teacher overall he does not give to much work to overload you, but he does give out alot of quizzes so its important to read and listen in class. The papers that he gives are not to hard they just make you sit down and think. Do not miss class on a test day for any reason he will not let you make it up believe me!

12/6/10

PHIL1304

Mr. Derengoswki is a great teacher! I learned a lot from him this semester. He does give out many quizzes, so I would recommend to attend class, but they are easy. Every thing is just notes, so there is no need for a book, that saves you money $$. People might rate him as being bias, but who is not? Yes, he is christian, but he only teaches facts.

More Philosophy professors at Tarrant County College (all)