in Borough of Manhattan Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY
are you Ellen Inkelis?
C

09/16/2014
056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Clear grading criteria"

Not a positive person. All previous comments about her attitude are accurate. When it comes to teaching she has the perfect title lecturer. Does not give positive feedback or address your weaknesses. She can be friendly and brings food for her students but insults you at the same time. Take class if you have strong math not if you need to learn.

08/14/2014
good
MAT 56 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She helped me in such a major way. She understood what I needed to succeed in the class and she told me just what was required of me to get there. Her class isn't easy, but she's patient. She has a great down to earth personality. She knows her math. She did her best. I initially considered dropping the class. I'm so glad I stayed.

07/31/2014
good
MAT 056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

I thought I'll cry after every class,I didn't understand anything and thought she is not helpful and strict.MISTAKE!She is awesome!My math was terrible but she made me love math.If you try hard she will help you,if not she won't care for your grade.HOMEWORK mandatory!She is really focused in class on topicsHighly recommended.NOT EASY BUT THE BEST!

07/11/2014
good
MAT 056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's strict, but funny at the same time. Homework and quizzes every day. She's fast paced, but that could be because this is a 22 day class (Summer Immersion). And brings the class treats! :D All in all, awesome teacher if you plan out taking this class seriously!

05/25/2014
Mat 056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C

This professor is rude

10/25/2013
good
MAT 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Inkelis is a really good teacher and very funny. She is very clear and makes you understand everything and from where it is coming from. She develop all the concepts so you won't get lost. Test are pretty straight forward. Best teacher ever.

08/21/2013
good
Mat 051 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I Took this as a summer course, Im not good in math but Professor inkelis stated the first day she wants everyone to Pass and everyone will pass if you dedicate yourself. She explained everything well. she's a little corky in her methods but she genuiely cares. I failed the first time I took 051 but Passed with Professor Inkelis

08/12/2013
056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Her class was enjoyable at times. But if you asked her a question she would make you feel like you asked a dumb question. ALWAYS LATE to class, How I passed the finals but failed the class. SO UNFAIR!!!!! "I didn't meet the criteria"

05/19/2013
MAT 056 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you're good with math it will be a breeze. If not, then you better go to the math lab. Like someone previously said, it's her way or no way and she only does it once and after that it's on us. I know professors who wouldn't stop until we fully understand it. Prof Inkelis needs to slow it down a bit. She does know her math though I give her that.

01/27/2013
good
MAT051 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

My math was almost zero...but now I kind of like math...so i think she is good professor...only thing is do your homework..and be you have to be serious..!!!