Ellen Inkelis at Borough of Manhattan Community College

Ellen Inkelis

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

8/14/14

MAT 56

She helped me in such a major way. She understood what I needed to succeed in the class and she told me just what was required of me to get there. Her class isn't easy, but she's patient. She has a great down to earth personality. She knows her math. She did her best. I initially considered dropping the class. I'm so glad I stayed.

7/31/14

MAT 056

I thought I'll cry after every class,I didn't understand anything and thought she is not helpful and strict.MISTAKE!She is awesome!My math was terrible but she made me love math.If you try hard she will help you,if not she won't care for your grade.HOMEWORK mandatory!She is really focused in class on topicsHighly recommended.NOT EASY BUT THE BEST!

7/11/14

MAT 056

She's strict, but funny at the same time. Homework and quizzes every day. She's fast paced, but that could be because this is a 22 day class (Summer Immersion). And brings the class treats! :D All in all, awesome teacher if you plan out taking this class seriously!

5/25/14

Mat 056

Grade ReceivedC

This professor is rude

10/25/13

MAT 206

Professor Inkelis is a really good teacher and very funny. She is very clear and makes you understand everything and from where it is coming from. She develop all the concepts so you won't get lost. Test are pretty straight forward. Best teacher ever.

8/21/13

Mat 051

I Took this as a summer course, Im not good in math but Professor inkelis stated the first day she wants everyone to Pass and everyone will pass if you dedicate yourself. She explained everything well. she's a little corky in her methods but she genuiely cares. I failed the first time I took 051 but Passed with Professor Inkelis

8/12/13

Her class was enjoyable at times. But if you asked her a question she would make you feel like you asked a dumb question. ALWAYS LATE to class, How I passed the finals but failed the class. SO UNFAIR!!!!! "I didn't meet the criteria"

5/19/13

MAT 056

If you're good with math it will be a breeze. If not, then you better go to the math lab. Like someone previously said, it's her way or no way and she only does it once and after that it's on us. I know professors who wouldn't stop until we fully understand it. Prof Inkelis needs to slow it down a bit. She does know her math though I give her that.

1/27/13

MAT051

My math was almost zero...but now I kind of like math...so i think she is good professor...only thing is do your homework..and be you have to be serious..!!!

1/15/13

Mat056

She is a good teacher if you pay attention & ask ?s in her class. Her flaw is that sometimes she doesn't answer your ? instead she asks someone in the class to answer it. A lot of h.w online that you must do. Her quizzes and test are hard and her grading isn't so good. She takes off points for not showing your work, while having the right answer.

12/11/12

mat051

shes just not nice to her students do not take the class shes rude !!

11/28/12

mat056

This the worst math professor i ever had. she is very rude and sarcastic . its her way or no way . & who tells their students that they will only tell them how to do the work once and from then on its on them ? that is not how you teach a class of students that's trying to pass she was the worst honestly i do not recommend her to ANYBODY !!!

4/12/12

MAT056

Tests are way harder than anything else. Homework is all online, but fairly easy. The class is easy to follow and she shows you every way to solve a problem. Just study hard for her tests and you will pass.

12/13/11

mat056

This professor knows math but have no skill to teach math. If you ask question, she probably make you more confuse. Math is like logic to me but i had nightmare in her class. Now I regret took her because I could not get into Baruch's Zicklin yet because I lack math requirement before I came to Baruch.

6/6/11

MAT056

worst professor ever, she won't help you to understand anything.It's no worth it your money and your nerves either! Very sarcastic, very mean. She doesn't care if you have questions or not. She is very much into mathematical English (like anyone cares??). I def. won't recommend her! only for those who are 100 % fit in Math!!

12/6/10

MAT056

Course material wasn't at all hard; really a review of HS math + a bit extra. Problem is this prof turned a simple review into a nightmare! One of those ppl who understands the material but can't teach it + short fuse + always moody up/down + do the math her way or loose pts + becomes confused by your Q's + can't keep to her schedule or word!

7/9/10

math051

This professor seems to know the math in her head and gets frustrated when trying to teach it to her students. She gets upset if you get the wrong answer while doing the steps on the board. She looks like she is high on caffeine or something. she is too of a nervous person for me. i really would not recommend her. She does want to help but just don

5/25/10

MATH051

I'm iffy on this teacher. She teaches the material well, but she seems to have a short fuse. Generous with tests and all of the HW was online. No tests or quizzes though

4/27/10

mat056

worst prof. in my life. she is very strict on homework, she deduct points if you did not do it, n mst of the time you wouldnt understand it because we didnt go over it in class. she pick on ppl in the class and you have to be her fav. to help you after class

4/27/10