in University of Hawaii at Manoa that teach Not Specified Edit
are you Dulal Borthakur?
B+

07/25/2014
good
MBBE401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Expectations are clear, and Dr. Borthakur is helpful via email. The material is interesting, and studying was very reasonable. Emphasis on pre-class questions for studying! Dr. Borthakur likes to provide anecdotes in class which are quite often insightful to our daily lives. Really happy I took this class with him as an elective.

07/16/2014
good
MBBE401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class! It was difficult in the sense that he covers a lot of material , but he was a fair grader with a really nice curve. Starts class by asking people questions about the previous class to make sure that everyone is keeping up with the material. Attend class and pay attention! Really cares for his students and gives many chances to succeed.

11/23/2013
good
MBBE 375 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Dr. Borthakur is so sweet. He really cares about his students. His exams are straight to the point, testing only the important information. He tends to give us hints about what's on the upcoming exams and honestly wants us to succeed. I was so sad to see him go after half a semester, his replacement did not suffice!

06/09/2013
good
MBBE401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor ! Explains clearly. Excellent course. Exams are difficult. Highly recommended.

05/17/2013
good
BIOL 401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Borthakur has great enthusiasm. Course material is hard but attend ALL classes and you'll do fine. He gives away ~half of the test problems during lectures + extra free problems on the tests. He also gave us a great curve. I thought I'd get a B+ or A- b/c I bombed the final but he gave me an A+! Should take this course very seriously, though!

12/25/2012
good
MBBE601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed the class. Dr. Borthakur is a great professor. For some reason I remember his examples since I find it humorous. The course material is extremely useful for research, and by using his slides, you don't need the book, however there are A LOT of slides. Exams are tricky, but he cares for the class by offering a chance to improve your grade

12/24/2012
MBBE601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

U really need to improve Prop. and take it positively. I was scared of posting it before all exams are done bcz he doesn't seem to take any criticism positively and may take revenge while grading. have poor understanding of course and also have comical Indian accent that make the subject complicated. Thanx God I read the book and did well in exams.

12/24/2012
good
MBBE601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great course and very good professor. Exams may appear hard but good grade is not difficult. If you attend the lectures and read the material well, a good grade is almost certain. I received an A-, although I did not do well in the last exam.

12/20/2012
good
MBBE601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Molecular Cell Biology taught by Dr. Borthakur is a good course. Exams are hard of course. I got a B+. It was my fault that I did not prepare for two of the five exams well. The lectures were interesting. Dr. Borthakur’s slides were great and he explained everything well.

12/19/2012
good

Dr.Borthakur is a greatly responsible, energetic, good teaching skills and well-knowledge professor. His lectures were updated and explained clearly. He focused on main and difficult topic. He graded equally, showed results for students. His class MBBE 601 is extremely useful for whom to study biological fields. I learn a lot from this course.