Dulal Borthakur at University of Hawaii at Manoa

Dulal Borthakur

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

7/25/14

Grade ReceivedA-

Expectations are clear, and Dr. Borthakur is helpful via email. The material is interesting, and studying was very reasonable. Emphasis on pre-class questions for studying! Dr. Borthakur likes to provide anecdotes in class which are quite often insightful to our daily lives. Really happy I took this class with him as an elective.

7/16/14

MBBE401

Great class! It was difficult in the sense that he covers a lot of material , but he was a fair grader with a really nice curve. Starts class by asking people questions about the previous class to make sure that everyone is keeping up with the material. Attend class and pay attention! Really cares for his students and gives many chances to succeed.

11/23/13

MBBE 375

Grade ReceivedB+

Dr. Borthakur is so sweet. He really cares about his students. His exams are straight to the point, testing only the important information. He tends to give us hints about what's on the upcoming exams and honestly wants us to succeed. I was so sad to see him go after half a semester, his replacement did not suffice!

6/9/13

MBBE401

Great professor ! Explains clearly. Excellent course. Exams are difficult. Highly recommended.

5/17/13

BIOL 401

Dr. Borthakur has great enthusiasm. Course material is hard but attend ALL classes and you'll do fine. He gives away ~half of the test problems during lectures + extra free problems on the tests. He also gave us a great curve. I thought I'd get a B+ or A- b/c I bombed the final but he gave me an A+! Should take this course very seriously, though!

12/25/12

MBBE601

I enjoyed the class. Dr. Borthakur is a great professor. For some reason I remember his examples since I find it humorous. The course material is extremely useful for research, and by using his slides, you don't need the book, however there are A LOT of slides. Exams are tricky, but he cares for the class by offering a chance to improve your grade

12/24/12

MBBE601

U really need to improve Prop. and take it positively. I was scared of posting it before all exams are done bcz he doesn't seem to take any criticism positively and may take revenge while grading. have poor understanding of course and also have comical Indian accent that make the subject complicated. Thanx God I read the book and did well in exams.

12/24/12

MBBE601

Great course and very good professor. Exams may appear hard but good grade is not difficult. If you attend the lectures and read the material well, a good grade is almost certain. I received an A-, although I did not do well in the last exam.

12/20/12

MBBE601

Molecular Cell Biology taught by Dr. Borthakur is a good course. Exams are hard of course. I got a B+. It was my fault that I did not prepare for two of the five exams well. The lectures were interesting. Dr. Borthakur’s slides were great and he explained everything well.

12/19/12

MBBE601

Dr.Borthakur is a greatly responsible, energetic, good teaching skills and well-knowledge professor. His lectures were updated and explained clearly. He focused on main and difficult topic. He graded equally, showed results for students. His class MBBE 601 is extremely useful for whom to study biological fields. I learn a lot from this course.

12/19/12

MBBE601

Prof. Borthakur's Molecular Cell Biology class is a must for all who want to excel in any branch of modern biology. I learned so much from this course. He explains complex subjects in an easily understandable and interesting way. His lectures on signal transduction, cancer and molecular immunology are the most interesting.

10/23/12

MBBE601

He just reads his slides. Quite unusual for a graduate level professor. Did not find this class useful.

10/3/12

MBBE601

I am regretting for enrolling myself for this course. He lacks proper understanding of the subject. Very strong and accent. His slides are simply copy of the textbook. His lectures mostly skip the difficult topics. He is full of overconfidence in his teaching but he really needs to understand the subject well before teaching. Worst class ever.

8/22/12

MBBE601

Enrolled because of positive comments from this site. But sorry I disagree with those ratings. He's hard to understand and quite disorganized. Am switching to CMB 621

6/18/12

MBBE601

Dr. Borthakor Is a very good professor. He genuinely cares about learning. His style of teaching is very active. He engages to teach the classes. He asks questions and makes jokes. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask him. He is one of the greatest profs in UH.

5/1/12

MBBE401

Really knowledgeable professor.Lecture slides are very informative & well thought out.Professor was always available as a walk in to his office.Class is not an easy A,takes a lot of effort & time,but material was very interesting & informative.His advice & experience in the field are an invaluable asset to the class and university.

4/24/12

MBBE401

Dr. Borthakur is one of the best professors I've had here at UH Manoa. He is extremely friendly and helpful. His class is not an easy A, it definitely takes effort, but was very rewarding in the end. I've found that the things I learned in his class carried on to many other aspects of my degree. His advice and knowledge have been invaluable.

4/24/12

MBBE601

Great class, learned a lot of information that is relevant to my research. It's not an easy class, but the materials provided were very helpful. Dr. Borthakur didn't have any scheduled office hours because he was always in his office to answer questions. He'd always go over my exam answers with me if I asked him to.

6/9/10

MBBE401

Openly stated not willing to have office hours. Kind of attacking to particular students during lecture especially if they missed class the week before. Would point out openly that they did something wrong and or missed class. Many times did not know much more background information than was on the slides, which were read verbatim.

More Not Specified professors at University of Hawaii at Manoa