Jacqueline Goffe-Mcnish at Dutchess Community College

Jacqueline Goffe-Mcnish

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/10/13

ENG 101

Toughest teacher I have had to date. She can drive you crazy. If you show up late to class or without course material consider yourself dead. Occasionally she will ask you if you were A. Absent or B. Late to her last class even if you were on time (she forgot to notice you) but she will TEACH you. Do not take her class unless you have free time.

5/23/13

EN224

I hope the lady is not taking the job seriously because she says (mostly shouts) whatever she wants, which is long tangents of dubious entertainment value much less relevance. Otherwise makes you write down a lot of weird lists. Did you all learn the [insert any number] traits of a character?! Name them!! This is the kind of game you play for her.

5/2/13

ENG 224

Great teacher! She is a little crazy but it makes the class interesting.. she does pick on people so if you cannot handle it, don't take her class. She grades fairly hard but she is there to help you ALL the time, if you stop by her office she will help you with anything. Take one of her classes! It's well worth it.

1/9/13

comp101

I was in her Comp 101 class last semester and loved it. I learned more in that class then I did all through my high school English classes. She is very nice, helpful, and loves to tell jokes. She is a great professor to have!

12/17/11

eng101

Great teacher easy to get along with. As long as you do whats asked you receive good grades. Glad i was not able to change teachers when i was told to by friends

10/15/11

eng102

Everyone on this site is crazy she is the best professor I have ever had in my entire life. She gives you the tools to become a fantastic writer and she will really change your life. She has a very big personality and is really funny. She is always there for you if you need help with anything she's always there for you. YOU HAVE TO TAKE HER CLASS

9/27/11

ENG101

She screams at us, tells us all that we're stupid and lazy, she doesn't like anyone's answer or work, she doesn't believe that any of us do the reading, she acts as though she's bipolar, and she threatens to sit on us and throw us out the window.

1/18/11

eng206

I was a student is her African and African American Literature class. This class is based more on the prof.'s opinion of the literary works rather than anything else. She also isn't open to other interpretations that conflict with her ideas. If you can avoid her I would.

12/19/10

ENG101

Ridiculous. Loves to be rude and call people out for nothing, the amount of effort you put into your work does not matter. If your topic sentence is wrong you get an automatic 75 at best. Listen to people when they tell you to DROP her class! I wish I did.

11/11/09

eng101

More Literature professors at Dutchess Community College

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!