in Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus that teach Communication Edit

11/25/2014
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters" "Clear grading criteria"

Susan Houts is very energetic and has a way of giving her energy to her students. I had a tough semester because of childcare issues but I passed with a high B. Do not miss class. My advice KEEP UP AND SHOW UP (on time or you will be locked out), and don't use your phones. We are adults and this is higher education. She is worth every penny.

08/09/2014
good
SPC 2012 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Excellent teacher! I dreaded this class but when it was over I felt much better! She is wonderful and energetic she also has so much knowledge.

05/31/2014
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Mrs. Houts a stern professor, very energetic and eager to teach. Willing to help outside of class. As she would say "Show Up & Keep Up" and you will pass this class.

04/19/2014
good
SPC 2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I had a great experience with Mrs. Houts. She is recommended if you have to take Speech!

04/17/2014
good
spc2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Houts is by the far the best teacher I've taken at EFSC. Her class is an easy A if you just show some initiative. Speeches are not difficult and can be fun if you make them. She makes class fun and easy going. I would recommend her over any other.

03/25/2014
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I will admit Houts makes Speech class much more comfortable, considering I dreaded this class. She relieved many anxieties. However, she is CRAZY. She is very repetitive. She spends the whole class talking about 1 thing. She is energetic and sometimes it much to take. Take her, but be prepared. AND don't miss her class and be on time.

12/04/2013
good
spc-2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mrs Houts is the BEST teacher. I Love this class. She is very enthusiastic. Don't miss any class. Lots of activities to do, don't ever go late to class or miss deadlines.

07/08/2013
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Houts is by far the best teacher Iv had at BCC. I am very shy and hated speaking in front of classes and this class changed that. You get to know every single one of your classmates and in a way become like a small family so presenting your 4 speeches is really easy. Really nice teacher and great at teaching. Highly Recommend!

12/13/2012
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a truly great instructor. She is highly organized, clear,and helpful. Her class teaches you a lot about yourself. The tests are not hard, nor are the speeches. Just read the book, and follow the speech outlines and you'll do fine. I thought it would be scary giving speeches, but as it turns out I am great at it.

10/21/2012
good
dwdccde Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is great at teaching speech, and she did make things easy to understand. However, I have never had a teacher make me feel so unwelcome to their class. I attend high school, as well as college, and Ms. Houts did not make high school students comfortable in her classes. She judged them for getting a free education. Horrible woman.

05/07/2012
good
SPC05B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great speech teacher! I would highly recommend her to anyone. I walked into speech class apprehensive but came out with a good foundation to public speaking. This class will definitely prepare you for the future! The few lectures she does give are very good. I loved the atmosphere she created in the classroom. Work hard and she is willing to help!

04/18/2012
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

You can get an A in the class if you do all the work. I got a B because I HATE public speaking and I read from my notecards during my speeches. She is very nice though. She's probably the best speech teacher.

12/01/2011
good
SPC09B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was so interesting! I walked in hoping to just get the semester finished. Then it was fun to get on stage and have everyone laugh at my jokes and listen to my speech. You will walk out loving the class and being a better speaker with some valuable information you can't get anywhere else!

10/05/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great and fun professor! She explains everything very clearly and cracks me up a lot during lectures! Would definitely recommend as a speech prof.

08/20/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The Best Teacher! I had her over the summer, I learned so much shes a great teach everyone should take her for speech. All you have to do is your work and show up. everythings pretty easy even the public speaking part trust me great teacher

08/15/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I walked into this class not know anything about how to write an outline or public speaking. There is a lot of assignments, but if you come to class, do what you a required to do, and don't waste her time, you can easily pass her class. I took this over the summer, so I found the group project a little challenging, but overall,it was a good class.

05/30/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs Houts is the best speech professor you will ever have. If a student walks in the first day nervous, he or she will walk out the last day loving speech. I mean it. Take her for speech.

05/22/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I recommend that every BCC students takes Mrs Houts for Speech class. Best speech teacher ever.

05/06/2011
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Came in class not wanting to be there but if you show up everyday and participate there is a good chance for pulling out an "A" in her class.

05/05/2011
good
SPC2008 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

GREAT TEACHER. YOU WILL LEARN SO MUCH TO PREPARE YOU FOR LIFE. I LOOKED FORWARD TO IT SO I COULD DRESS UP, BUT I GOT A LOT MORE OUT OF IT. AGAIN, YOU WILL BE SO PREPARED FOR SUCCESS IN LIFE AFTER THIS CLASS. SHE IS GREAT. ENOUGH SAID....SHE KINDA REMIND ME OF ROGUE FROM X-MEN BECAUSE OF THE HAIR LOL. BUT YEAH, MUST TAKE HER.