Susan Houts at Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus

Susan Houts

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

8/9/14

SPC 2012

Excellent teacher! I dreaded this class but when it was over I felt much better! She is wonderful and energetic she also has so much knowledge.

5/31/14

Grade ReceivedB+

Mrs. Houts a stern professor, very energetic and eager to teach. Willing to help outside of class. As she would say "Show Up & Keep Up" and you will pass this class.

4/19/14

SPC 2608

I had a great experience with Mrs. Houts. She is recommended if you have to take Speech!

4/17/14

spc2608

Mrs. Houts is by the far the best teacher I've taken at EFSC. Her class is an easy A if you just show some initiative. Speeches are not difficult and can be fun if you make them. She makes class fun and easy going. I would recommend her over any other.

3/25/14

SPC2608

I will admit Houts makes Speech class much more comfortable, considering I dreaded this class. She relieved many anxieties. However, she is CRAZY. She is very repetitive. She spends the whole class talking about 1 thing. She is energetic and sometimes it much to take. Take her, but be prepared. AND don't miss her class and be on time.

12/4/13

spc-2608

Mrs Houts is the BEST teacher. I Love this class. She is very enthusiastic. Don't miss any class. Lots of activities to do, don't ever go late to class or miss deadlines.

7/8/13

SPC2608

Houts is by far the best teacher Iv had at BCC. I am very shy and hated speaking in front of classes and this class changed that. You get to know every single one of your classmates and in a way become like a small family so presenting your 4 speeches is really easy. Really nice teacher and great at teaching. Highly Recommend!

12/13/12

SPC2608

She is a truly great instructor. She is highly organized, clear,and helpful. Her class teaches you a lot about yourself. The tests are not hard, nor are the speeches. Just read the book, and follow the speech outlines and you'll do fine. I thought it would be scary giving speeches, but as it turns out I am great at it.

10/21/12

dwdccde

This professor is great at teaching speech, and she did make things easy to understand. However, I have never had a teacher make me feel so unwelcome to their class. I attend high school, as well as college, and Ms. Houts did not make high school students comfortable in her classes. She judged them for getting a free education. Horrible woman.

5/7/12

SPC05B

Great speech teacher! I would highly recommend her to anyone. I walked into speech class apprehensive but came out with a good foundation to public speaking. This class will definitely prepare you for the future! The few lectures she does give are very good. I loved the atmosphere she created in the classroom. Work hard and she is willing to help!

4/18/12

SPC2608

You can get an A in the class if you do all the work. I got a B because I HATE public speaking and I read from my notecards during my speeches. She is very nice though. She's probably the best speech teacher.

12/1/11

SPC09B

This class was so interesting! I walked in hoping to just get the semester finished. Then it was fun to get on stage and have everyone laugh at my jokes and listen to my speech. You will walk out loving the class and being a better speaker with some valuable information you can't get anywhere else!

10/5/11

SPC2608

Great and fun professor! She explains everything very clearly and cracks me up a lot during lectures! Would definitely recommend as a speech prof.

8/20/11

SPC2608

The Best Teacher! I had her over the summer, I learned so much shes a great teach everyone should take her for speech. All you have to do is your work and show up. everythings pretty easy even the public speaking part trust me great teacher

8/15/11

SPC2608

I walked into this class not know anything about how to write an outline or public speaking. There is a lot of assignments, but if you come to class, do what you a required to do, and don't waste her time, you can easily pass her class. I took this over the summer, so I found the group project a little challenging, but overall,it was a good class.

5/30/11

SPC2608

Mrs Houts is the best speech professor you will ever have. If a student walks in the first day nervous, he or she will walk out the last day loving speech. I mean it. Take her for speech.

5/22/11

SPC2608

I recommend that every BCC students takes Mrs Houts for Speech class. Best speech teacher ever.

5/6/11

SPC2608

Came in class not wanting to be there but if you show up everyday and participate there is a good chance for pulling out an "A" in her class.

5/5/11

SPC2008

GREAT TEACHER. YOU WILL LEARN SO MUCH TO PREPARE YOU FOR LIFE. I LOOKED FORWARD TO IT SO I COULD DRESS UP, BUT I GOT A LOT MORE OUT OF IT. AGAIN, YOU WILL BE SO PREPARED FOR SUCCESS IN LIFE AFTER THIS CLASS. SHE IS GREAT. ENOUGH SAID....SHE KINDA REMIND ME OF ROGUE FROM X-MEN BECAUSE OF THE HAIR LOL. BUT YEAH, MUST TAKE HER.

4/22/11

SPC1000

Grades according to how well she likes you personally. The grading is very arbitrary and inconsistent. If you want an A, be on time to every class and do not miss any assignments/classes.

More Communication professors at Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus