in Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus that teach Communication Edit

08/09/2014
good
SPC 2012 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Excellent teacher! I dreaded this class but when it was over I felt much better! She is wonderful and energetic she also has so much knowledge.

05/31/2014
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Mrs. Houts a stern professor, very energetic and eager to teach. Willing to help outside of class. As she would say "Show Up & Keep Up" and you will pass this class.

04/19/2014
good
SPC 2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I had a great experience with Mrs. Houts. She is recommended if you have to take Speech!

04/17/2014
good
spc2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Houts is by the far the best teacher I've taken at EFSC. Her class is an easy A if you just show some initiative. Speeches are not difficult and can be fun if you make them. She makes class fun and easy going. I would recommend her over any other.

03/25/2014
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I will admit Houts makes Speech class much more comfortable, considering I dreaded this class. She relieved many anxieties. However, she is CRAZY. She is very repetitive. She spends the whole class talking about 1 thing. She is energetic and sometimes it much to take. Take her, but be prepared. AND don't miss her class and be on time.

12/04/2013
good
spc-2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mrs Houts is the BEST teacher. I Love this class. She is very enthusiastic. Don't miss any class. Lots of activities to do, don't ever go late to class or miss deadlines.

07/08/2013
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Houts is by far the best teacher Iv had at BCC. I am very shy and hated speaking in front of classes and this class changed that. You get to know every single one of your classmates and in a way become like a small family so presenting your 4 speeches is really easy. Really nice teacher and great at teaching. Highly Recommend!

12/13/2012
good
SPC2608 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a truly great instructor. She is highly organized, clear,and helpful. Her class teaches you a lot about yourself. The tests are not hard, nor are the speeches. Just read the book, and follow the speech outlines and you'll do fine. I thought it would be scary giving speeches, but as it turns out I am great at it.

10/21/2012
good
dwdccde Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is great at teaching speech, and she did make things easy to understand. However, I have never had a teacher make me feel so unwelcome to their class. I attend high school, as well as college, and Ms. Houts did not make high school students comfortable in her classes. She judged them for getting a free education. Horrible woman.

05/07/2012
good
SPC05B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great speech teacher! I would highly recommend her to anyone. I walked into speech class apprehensive but came out with a good foundation to public speaking. This class will definitely prepare you for the future! The few lectures she does give are very good. I loved the atmosphere she created in the classroom. Work hard and she is willing to help!