Daolu Cai at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Daolu Cai

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/17/12

Econ4531

Straight forward, no surprises on exams, gives good study guides. If you need a econ elective try to take a class with him

12/22/11

ECON4531

He carries a very interesting lecture, that can get off topic, but carries interest to anyone who is actually interest in economics. Straight forward easy tests. Presentations can be difficult, but he is doing so for your own good. Great class recommend to all Econ Majors!

9/22/11

ECON1102

He can be very vague at times, but I like how he enhances critical thinking.

8/3/11

ECON1102

he was very unorganized and spent a lot of time in class talking about current events which isn's bad if the class wasn't 6 weeks long. after our midterm we were so behind that we had to cram a bunch of topics in one day. he also ignored my e-mails after i confronted him about topics we did not cover in class but still were on the exam.

7/5/11

ECON1102

This instructor may not be that clear sometimes when he is trying to teach a concept, but he does enhance critical thinking. I think that people thinks that he isn't teaching anything but the thing is he just really makes people think hard. He doesn't want people to just know the answer, he wants them to know why that is the answer.

6/23/11

Econ4531

He was by far one of the best instructor i had at the U. I learned how to think of real economic problems instead of just staring at some formulas. He really made me challenge conventional wisdom. Some comments here are not very accurate. His accent is clearly NOT Chinese. He is native Spanish speaker, not sure if he even speaks Chinese.

4/1/11

ECON4531

He has no idea what he is doing. Most of the time he is not teaching anything. When he is teaching something with lots of mistakes, he is constantly correctly by students. I completely have no idea what I learned from this course. However I can not even learn by myself, since he is not using the textbook at all.

10/7/10

econ4531

WORST!!! Strong accent and completely disorganized. Worst ever, do not take him!

9/29/10

ECON1102

confusing and strong chinese accent

9/16/10

Econ4531

the worst economic teach i've ever known in this university. He cannot teach! DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS!!!!

8/6/10

Econ1102

For intro class, he did a great job. I learnt a lot presenting in his class. I might change to Econ Major this fall.

7/22/10

ECON1102

WORST!!!he is virtually teaching nothing but talking about big theorems/essays/ academic papers. I memorized everything, yet not understand anything. and his illustration is very vague.

7/22/10

5/4/10

Econ1102

He is very passionate about Economics and very cool. I really like how he links theory with the real world. His test are bit hard, but doing the extra credits helps a lot. I really like his blazers too!

3/8/10

ECON1102

Worst ever! Not keeping track on the material that we had on the textbook. Having different expectation that we review for the exams.

More Economics professors at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities