in Houston Community College (all campuses) that teach Chemistry Edit

07/11/2014
good
BIO 1406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Carra is a great professor. He is always open to the students if they have any questions. You HAVE to keep up with the work in order to get good grades. The labs are really straight forward the test are a little hard but he does reviews in class to help you pass. I did all the labs took all the notes and recieved an A in return. Take him!

06/18/2014
good
chem1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best instructor ever. I had a great time. He teach with passion and charisma. lots of work, but he rewards wit points. Thanks Dr Carra, you rock!!

06/04/2014
good
chem1405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best professor that HCC has. He is a bit rigorous, lots of work, but you learn a lot. I enjoy his class and i recommend him if you wanna learn chemistry. He is funny and he is clear in the explanations.

good
chem1405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

He is simply great. people who rated him low are just lazy. It is true that he gives a lot of homework and labs, but the tests are on the programs and he does great games as examples. I learned a lot. But if you don't know how to use a calculator, don't take his class

05/13/2014
chem1405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: C

Tests are complicated and written in a way to confuse you. Lots of homework and labs, if not done the way he wants you get no points. He gets mad if you cannot answer his questions quickly. Plenty of time you don’t understand what he saying. He gives extra credit but it still hard to get a decent grade because she test are so hard and confusing.

good
chem1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

the best ever, i really like him. very prepared and his class is foll of options to get points. I did everything and my A was certain

good
chem 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

best professor ever at HCC. Passionate, very intelligent and funny. I love chemistry after him. I did what he said to do and I got A. Love him!

05/12/2014
CHEM 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Tests are complicated and written in a way to confuse you. Lots of homework and labs,if not done the way he wants you get no points. He belittled the class a couple of times by saying Kindergarten kids could get it or would get frustrated when the answer was not given quickly. TAKE his class if you are looking to be a chem wizard.

05/02/2014
good
CHEM 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

The best chemistry teacher I know. He is passionate about it. A lot of homework, but chemistry is easy to understand with him.

04/30/2014
good
chem 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is really the best instructor ever. Passionate, funny and smart. Very prepared. He has a web site with all the info of the class. Extremely organized. Lots of work though, but worth it. thanks, i love your class!

03/05/2014
good
CHEM1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you re serious about Chem, please take him. Best teacher so far of HCC. His instructions are clear, a little bit of hardwork. But all is paid off. I really enjoy his class. You may be scared by his syllabus and the first class, but he ended up very nice and helpful. I dont like his class, I love it.

01/08/2014
good
chem1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

He is a great teacher. He is tough, you have a lot of work, but also lots of chances to get points which are accumulated at the end. I got A, and I enjoyed his class. You learn a lot. He was always nice and willing to explain several times. He has a small accent but I could understand very well. I strong recommend him. Thanks Dr Carra, you rock!!

12/22/2013
good
CHEM 1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The best chem teacher I've ever had. He's always trying to find ways to explain chemistry so that it is easy to understand. Your final grade is the final exam but you can get lots of extra points over the semester. If you can't pass chem with this guy, science is not for you.

12/14/2013
good
Chem 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This professor is Unbelievably hard. its a lot of work for 1 point or 2. im not saying its impossible but you cant be lazy. he teaches you how to study. there is only one chance in life and one chance in his class. you have been warned.

11/17/2013
good
chem 1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like his way of teaching. Lots of work but than he gets loose and allows a lot of extra point added to the final. Almost impossible not to get an A if you do what he says.

11/17/2013
Chem 1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Impossibly difficult class. I couldn't understand a word that came out of his mouth due to heavy accent so my class notes were nonexistent. Tried recording lecture & listening to it was torture all over again. Homework is excessive & due every class period. 1-5 Points earned for HW, quiz,labs & U will get a zero if not done to his specifications.

good
chem 1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He speaks with an accent but he is quite clear to me. He explains well, breaking down everything. Lots of points, and chances to get A. The workload is high, but fair. I recommend him, but don't be lazy....

good
chem 1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Nice but rigorous. Lots of work but you learn a lot. I loved him and his class

good
chem1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Carra is the best prof I ever had. I'm taking his class and he is clear and nice. Yes some work load, but at the end the grades are high. He really tries to explains things clearly. I wish all prof were like him.

11/11/2013
chm 1411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do not take him! Such a horrible prof!! Wasted my time,he just regurgitates the books powerpoints, he is useless! DO NOT! ur warned!