in Harrisburg Area Community College that teach Hospitality Edit
Karen Friedman-Kester
Professor in the Hospitality department
at Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
are you Karen Friedman-Kester?
1.9
1.7

03/17/2014
Nutrition Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is the worst teacher ever! She isn't clear on directions, I don't think she knows what she's doing half of the time! She isn't helpful, her homework is only worth five points but over 100 questions and takes almost two hours to complete. Nothing on the test is in the textbook. Her projects are hysterical. She seems disorganized and rude.

08/08/2013
NUTR104 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely the worst! I took this class online & it was a disorganized mess. As others have said, she is very unclear & very rude. I did get an A in her class, but it was the most stressful semester I've had d/t constant worries about unclear due dates, assignments, instructions, etc. She doesn't even seem to understand how to use D2L.

03/03/2013
Nutr104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm a pre-dietetics major and I did not like this class. I love nutrition, but this was one of the worst classes I took. She basically read off the slide-show the entire time, which made it boring. She had no passion for what she does. Then everything that she read from the slideshow wasn't even on the tests. Pointless class. did not learn anything

03/02/2013
nutr 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I used online materials to teach this class to myself so my success really isn't due to anything she did or did not do. I was very frustrated by her tendency to grade work VERY slowly (up to a month after the due date!) I got an good grade, but I think I would have retained more information in a face-to-face class with a different instructor.

10/30/2012
good
NUTR104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Her lectures are over powerpoints and they normally line up well with the textbook. She isn't that good of answering your questions. Can get an attitude fast and does a lot of taking during the lecture, some is useful, but other just takes up time.

05/07/2012
good
nutri101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

solid professor, covered book completely, tough exams (even when open, relevant stories/anecdotes, may need clarity on projects... Enjoyed class.

05/06/2012
NUT104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

New online forum with D2L, but that was least of problems with this prof. She took very long time to grade assignments (sometimes 3 weeks). Very sarcastic and unprofessional with responses. Posts assignments later than listed on syllabus. Doesn't post how grades calc w/feedback or rubric. Cannot see tests after taking to review errors.

04/18/2012
NUT104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took class online. It was horrible. Not organized, not helpful. She barely answered questions, when she did they were short and not very helpful at all. Only gave us 2 days for some discussions. Did not communicate well to us. Unclear instructions and a lot of things were messed up (eg. unable to take tests, unseen discussion posts).

04/04/2012
Nutr104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Im not sure how I feel about her, I really want to like her-but she is not helpful and somewhat condesending. I barely studied for her class and scored high- but I already had a deep understanding of chem and advanced bio. She is disorganized and shows up late and ends late. She simply reads the pwrpt and uses an online format.

03/15/2012
NUT104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

(TOOK ONLINE) Posted assignments late. There's a schedule so you're UNABLE to work ahead. Had closed book/timed exams (1 MIN PER QUESTION) - I studied and they were difficult! Not helpful when asking questions, usually responds extremely late. I'm a very good self-learner, but this class was much harder than need be.