in Valencia College-East and West Campus that teach Humanities Edit
Professor in the Humanities department
at Valencia College-East and West Campus, Orlando, FL
are you Amanda Hoaglen?

10/20/2014
HUM 2250 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read" "Papers? More like novels"

I had to drop this class because it was way too much work. She is super organized so that is a plus, but the workload is overwhelming. I would only recommend her if you enjoy massive amounts of work (and busy work) and have a lot of extra time on your hands.

10/21/2013
HUM 2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor said "um" twenty times in 5 minutes. Not sure if she's a new teacher but I feel like she has no idea what she's talking about. She never seems to find the right word to say which makes it difficult to stay focused and learn. She is very hard to reach and doesn't provide clear directions.

07/28/2013
good
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hybrid Course! Great teacher!! Very nice and helpful! She was very passionate about her class, and second week of class we took a field trip to an art museum! She was very clear and understandable. Just do all the discussion boards and turn in all the worksheets(barely any and she gives you the answers) and you should have an A in the class!!

07/23/2012
HUM1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took her class this summer and ended up dropping it. I knew by the misleading questions on the syllabus quiz that I was not going to enjoy the class. Harsh grading, not clear at all on instructions. I will retake this class with another professor.

07/16/2012
HUM1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Taking her online class for summer. She doesn't respond to emails, contact her is "very difficult" to be euphemistic. She is off my list of professors to take another class with.

06/22/2012
HUM2232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am currently taking her online class and it is pretty challenging to say the least. There is multiple discussion topics, an essay, quizzes and an exam. You also really need the TWO textbooks. She is a harsh grader and doesn't give much help when you ask. I would avoid her if you can, there are plenty of Humanities classes that are better.

12/14/2011
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

not a good class to take. never responds to emails and is no help at all. would not take this teacher!

07/11/2011
HUM2220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this professor because I read on here that she was great...I was mislead. I'm currently taking her for short summer course and it's the same amount of work as a full course. She doesnt give much direction at all, barely responds to emails. She assigns research topics 5 days before they're due with another hw due the same day. Not recommended

04/23/2011
good
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor. If I went to office hours I would go to hers even tho I didn't. 3 exams, last one is the final; research essay including ppt, analytical essay; 10 hw's plus one for extra credit. Really helpful and gives you opportunities to turn in hw after they are due. Class was really interesting and her knowledge was insightful. Alot o' work

05/04/2010
good
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Hoaglen is easily one of my favorite professors I've had so far. She's very organized and passionate about her subject, which really seems to make a difference. She's extremely approachable and willing to work with you. I wish I had the opportunity to take her again, because I would in a heartbeat!

05/02/2010
good
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

EXCELLENT! Professor Hoaglen is the most organized and helpful professor I've ever had. She is not only knowledgeable, but passionate about what she teaches. I'm taking her again in the Summer.

03/02/2010
good
HUM2250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

pretty easy, fast with ppt though... only short writing assignments and a easy grader