Amanda Hoaglen at Valencia College

Amanda Hoaglen

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/21/13

HUM 2250

Professor said "um" twenty times in 5 minutes. Not sure if she's a new teacher but I feel like she has no idea what she's talking about. She never seems to find the right word to say which makes it difficult to stay focused and learn. She is very hard to reach and doesn't provide clear directions.

7/28/13

Open

Hybrid Course! Great teacher!! Very nice and helpful! She was very passionate about her class, and second week of class we took a field trip to an art museum! She was very clear and understandable. Just do all the discussion boards and turn in all the worksheets(barely any and she gives you the answers) and you should have an A in the class!!

7/23/12

HUM1020

Took her class this summer and ended up dropping it. I knew by the misleading questions on the syllabus quiz that I was not going to enjoy the class. Harsh grading, not clear at all on instructions. I will retake this class with another professor.

7/16/12

HUM1020

Taking her online class for summer. She doesn't respond to emails, contact her is "very difficult" to be euphemistic. She is off my list of professors to take another class with.

6/22/12

HUM2232

I am currently taking her online class and it is pretty challenging to say the least. There is multiple discussion topics, an essay, quizzes and an exam. You also really need the TWO textbooks. She is a harsh grader and doesn't give much help when you ask. I would avoid her if you can, there are plenty of Humanities classes that are better.

12/14/11

HUM2250

not a good class to take. never responds to emails and is no help at all. would not take this teacher!

7/11/11

HUM2220

I took this professor because I read on here that she was great...I was mislead. I'm currently taking her for short summer course and it's the same amount of work as a full course. She doesnt give much direction at all, barely responds to emails. She assigns research topics 5 days before they're due with another hw due the same day. Not recommended

4/23/11

HUM2250

Awesome professor. If I went to office hours I would go to hers even tho I didn't. 3 exams, last one is the final; research essay including ppt, analytical essay; 10 hw's plus one for extra credit. Really helpful and gives you opportunities to turn in hw after they are due. Class was really interesting and her knowledge was insightful. Alot o' work

5/4/10

HUM2250

Professor Hoaglen is easily one of my favorite professors I've had so far. She's very organized and passionate about her subject, which really seems to make a difference. She's extremely approachable and willing to work with you. I wish I had the opportunity to take her again, because I would in a heartbeat!

5/2/10

HUM2250

EXCELLENT! Professor Hoaglen is the most organized and helpful professor I've ever had. She is not only knowledgeable, but passionate about what she teaches. I'm taking her again in the Summer.

3/2/10

HUM2250

pretty easy, fast with ppt though... only short writing assignments and a easy grader

More Humanities professors at Valencia College