David Liu at Harrisburg Area Community College

David Liu

Number of ratings 32 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

3/23/14

SOCI 201

This class is nothing but phony ‘brilliance’ from a phony intellectual. Avoid at all costs.

3/22/14

SOCI 201

I transferred to Penn State and got a chance to take more sociology courses. I’m glad I did because Prof. Liu doesn’t know what he is talking about.

3/14/14

SOCI 201 25011

This class was pretty hard. There is a lot of readings from the book, so make sure you have that. Other than the class being very work intensive, Prof. Liu is not as bad as many have described him as. He does help, you just need to ask. There are a few small assignments, and one big paper. Just do your work, and read the book and you'll do fine!

3/9/14

SOCI 201

Prof. Liu may seem intelligent...to some. Once you understand the buzzwords he flouts, however, you begin to recognize that he doesn’t know what he is talking about. I honestly question if he knows anything current in sociological research.

1/17/14

Soc 201

Disappointing professor. Lot of side distractions that had little or nothing to do with the topic. Made it only to Chapter 4 in our textbooks, which was still the introductory material. Ever though I studied everything profusely, I still feel I know so little about the topic at all. Frusterating class.

11/20/13

Soc 201-017

Terrible teacher,confusing,frustating,picks on people in class, his thoughts are all over the place, he can't give clear notes, his white board will confuse a chemist, and laughs at you when you need help. DO NOT TAKE THIS MAN...he is very intelligent, but needs to understand we don't have degrees yet and needs to be the one to help us when we ask

5/7/13

Soc 201 and 205

Very energetic and passionate about Sociology. Class discussions were very helpful in keeping students engaged. Great experience.

5/6/13

SOC 201

Absolutely wonderful professor. Yes, he makes you work, but you really learn. He really wants his students to be informed and confident when they leave the class. The articles and book chapters actually help you and are interesting. Just do the work, attend class, and do your part as a student, and you're good.

4/5/13

Sociology--32239

Smart man, terrible teacher! Very offensive and demeaning when he tries to make jokes. Does not explain concepts well and his handwriting is horrible, impossible to copy notes from the board. I do not recommend this Professor at all. If he likes you you'll do great, if not forget it.

2/26/13

soc201

Now don't get me wrong, the class is very interesting and the discussions are great. BUT, he is offensive with his humor. You have a lot of papers to write. He is not very clear in his explanations and you get lost/confused very easily.Taking notes is a little difficult. He was very hard to follow. I had to drop.

2/22/13

SOC240

Challenging course, Social Problems. Professor Liu was the most thought provoking and by far the best prof I have ever had. I learned SO much more than I expected and felt like a more well rounded student after this class. He had open discussions instead of lecture & challenged students on everything. Highly recommend if your an invested student

1/30/13

SOCI201

Fav professor of all time! He's not for those who want an easy grade with minimum effort, but his teaching is the kind that benefits you in the long run. His main goal is to promote critical thinking and understanding of concepts, not memorize facts. Hard work pays off with him -I didn't have to take his final. Fair grader, not super easy or hard.

12/21/12

SOC102

if you actually care about sociology then this is your teacher. if you are taking sociology as an easy filler then do not take him! he does nothing but open discussion in class and it requires you to have read every chapter as he says...he is quite accomidating if you put effort forth but he is a pretty tough grader.

12/9/12

soc201

Greatest class I've taken so far at HACC. Prof Liu is challenging and insightful. Definitely do not take this class if you assume it will be an easy A. His teaching style is not typical like the other professors i've had, and because of this I feel it was the most interesting.

12/5/12

SOCI201

This professor was very good but hard. You only have a midterm and a final. All handwritten tests. Overall I learned a lot but I did not receive the A I wanted to. I got a high B but I worked my butt off. Have fun.

11/28/12

SOCIO201

I took him because I read you will learn and he was very interactive in class and this was all true. He is a little off topic. Syllabus is not clear and he just kind of wings it. That would be my only complaint otherwise the hours of studying I put in were worth it. I learned the material. Professor Liu wants you to learn and succeed!

10/28/12

soc101

hard professor

8/29/12

Soc101

I don't remember the Names of all my professors but I remember his. He was the best teacher I had. Very happy I was able to be in his class!!!

5/2/12

Soc101

Professor Liu was an amazing teacher. He was by far one of the best professors I have had at HACC. If you attended class and took adequate notes, the class was fairly easy. It wasn't hard to learn the material because he related it to real world situations. If I could take Professor Liu again, I would in a heartbeat. I am sad to see the class end.

4/4/12

SOC201

Favorite professor. Entertaining, tends to spin off topic a little, very opinionated, likes to engage students in discussion. Will make fun of you if you say something stupid. Exams are all define and apply, but if you understand the material, they're very easy.Very intelligent man, unorthodox teaching style.

More Sociology professors at Harrisburg Area Community College