Gabrielle Hodson at Utah Valley University

Health 1020

She is fantastic!

4/24/13

ANTH 101G

She has set up the class for you to succeed. Easy assignments and open book tests. Pretty interesting class and she knows her stuff. I recommend taking this from her

4/17/13

ANTH101G

Loved this class. It was a required class and I didn't really think I would like it but the Professor is funny, she tells intersting stories and it helped me remember alot. She is helpful and wants everyone to do good. She really likes what she teaches.

4/17/13

ANTH 101G

This was an easy class. Go to class because she takes roll if a lot of the class isn't there. Take everything she says with a grain of salt. For one example of what I heard, is that global warming is caused by cow gas and poo. She is very opinionated. But, I was fine with it because it was a required class and it was easy. Tests are simple.

12/22/12

ANTH101G

Easy A, gives answers to every quiz on review sheet. Talks like her opinions are facts and won't admit when u prove her wrong. Spent whole class talking about why we need to vote for obama and didn't finish going over the test review slides, so we had to stay after class (happened 4 times). If you disagree with her views in class you WILL fail. GL.

12/3/12

ANTHR101G

I really loved the class. Coming to class was exciting and while she does ramble a lot on certain topics you can tell just how much she REALLY KNOWS about the subject she's teaching. She truly cares about her students and making a difference through them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

9/12/12

Anth1030

From what I've noticed, there are a lot of typical "orem/utah minds" in her class that think she's crazy or whatever. I think she's amazing, and you can tell she knows what she's talking about. She's extremely passionate and she loves her students! Like a lot of people say on here, if you've got a closed mind, don't take her, and grow up.

9/11/12

Anth101g

I love her! She is so knowledgeable and knows what she's talking about. She really cares about her students and wants them to learn about anthropology not just what is in the text book. She is extremely bright and I learned a lot in her class! I highly recommend it!

9/10/12

anth101g

LOVE her!! She's extremely knowledgeable and passionate about her class and students! Some people say she's opinionated, but that's because they're closed minded. Seriously, if you can't have an open mind, don't waste her/our time. I love her stories and I'm really glad to have her here at UVU.

8/22/12

ANTH1010

LOVE THIS CLASS. Take this class if you're open minded. Some students usually dont like her because she knows a lot and she shows it. I found this class very helpful and interesting. Easy tests. Except for the final, overall I still got a good grade. Love her!!

8/3/12

anth101g

She does not respect her students. She has a PowerPoint but doesn't stick to it, she goes off on huge tangents during class. It's hard to even tell her your opinion if its different from hers cause she'll immediately tell you you're wrong. I didn't learn anything about anthropology. This is a class for a very easy A if you can put up with her rant.

7/25/12

Anth101g

Do not take her class if you get offended easily. She will force her opinion on you and tell you you're wrong. She pushes her political agenda all class long, and berates people who do things differently than her. I do not recommend this professor.

5/25/12

ANTH101G

This is a super easy class, but pointless. I learned absolutely nothing of value. She is very opinionated and does not care to hear another perspective. She goes on tangents that are not at all applicable. We talked about the evils of giving birth in a hospital, circumcision, and her ex-husbands as well as the joys of breast feeding and that is it

4/19/12

ANTHR1010

Easy class and a good teacher. If you are really closed minded you're gonna have a bad time, but she goes on a lot of tangents so its really easy. Don't get the book, every test question is in the lecture so if you don't show up, you are sure to fail.

4/3/12

ANTH101G

I loved her! She was a great teacher! That was my favorite class! She gives you such a different way or looking at things. I never once used the textbooks. The tests are way easy, I never got lower than an A-. She's not afraid to say what she's thinking. Definitely sign up for one of her classes!

11/11/11

ANTH101G

At first I didn't like her because she seemed bossy, but you know what, I love going to class now! Give her a chance, and you will love to learn from her. Her tests are basically quizzes, and I never used the book. She goes through like one pwrpt SLIDE a day, but it's cool cuz I'd much rather hear her talk about the otomi indians, and stuff :)

11/4/11

Anthr101

Great teacher! Smart woman, with cool stories. Tests are easy and its an interesting class. Not many assignments. Definitely recommend!

10/10/11

ANTH101G

At first you will probably be so bugged by her cause she is SO opinionated! But after I while I started to laugh and enjoy the info she gave us- which is pretty acurrate. She helps you see what you don't study in regular classes, definitly opens your eyes to the parts of the world we don't see. Attend class, book needed, take notes, easy tests.

8/11/11

anthr101G

If you attend her class you will do just fine. Her test reviews are super awesome! just attend take a few notes listen to her stories (mainly about organic foods, the indians she studied in mexico, and how capatilism is going to ruin the world) and you'll do just fine

4/6/11

ANTH101G

I loved her class. I was hesitant to take ANTH, but she is very informative about what's going on in the world. She has 4 tests which you will do well on if you attend class for the lectures. She also requires 4 hours of service, which you write a response paper on. There is one other paper assignment too. She offers a lot of extra credit.

More Anthropology professors at Utah Valley University