in Rowan College at Gloucester County that teach Sociology Edit
12/15/2014
good
SOC104 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Gives good feedback"

Great teacher. She gives a VERY FAIR amount of work. do it throughout the week and you will do great

12/10/2014
good
Soc Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+
"Tests? Not many" "There for you" "Clear grading criteria"

Great teacher. I took her hybrid soc and I loved it. She's really nice and will answer any of your questions. She's supper helpful and I reccomend her to anyone

12/07/2014
good
102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Assignments galore" "Gives good feedback" "Tough Grader"

I took soc of the family in a 5 week whirl wind of a course. I learned a lot of good information. Prof Doyle grades like an english professor. So if you take her online be sure you are perfectly grammatical.

09/06/2014
good
SOC 102-01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

She's a good well spoken clear professor, she's not THAT hard like some people say. I got a B+ in the class and honestly I was lazy and procrastinated a lot. Yes some of her online assignments are long but you'll live, like I said I got a B+ in the class and didn't spend a whole lot of time doing stuff, just don't procrastinate.

08/14/2014
good
Soc 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Professor Doyle was a great teacher. Quick with response to e-mail. I did however feel that her grading was more of an English professor than Sociology .

05/04/2014
good
SOC 102-01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One thing that often annoyed me about her class was her sentence structure and wording was often somewhat impossible to understand. I would have to reread her questions sometimes 3 or 4 times before I could understand what she was asking for. HOWEVER, she is an INCREDIBLE teacher and very sweet. She made the class really enjoyable and informative.

04/03/2014
good
Soc 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

I LOVED her! She was such a Nice lady, however the amount of work she gave was a joke! I feel like I learned a lot so if you want to learn and you are not afraid of homework then shes a really good teacher

02/11/2014
SOC102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Horrible professor. Although she is friendly, she grades things with little reasoning. Random points off. She assigns WAY too much work for this course and most of it is just work that repeats itself over and over again. I don't think there's any reason behind the large amounts of writing either. Easy course with a different professor.

02/07/2014
SOC102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Was NOT impressed with her. Ridiculously HUGE amounts of work for this course, most of it was too repetitive regarding our lessons. It was way too much work for the information we actually learned. Her DQ's and weekly assignments were simply just over the top, unnecessary busy work. This is a college course, that amount of busy work was overkill.

01/13/2014
good
SOC102 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The material isn't that difficult.. but this teacher seriously gives WAY too much work for an online class. Every week was a research assignment, case study, exam (timed), and about 4 DQs. She expected us to do at least 10 paragraphs for almost every assignment.

01/03/2014
SOC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-

Not sure whether the problem was the horrible, liberal subject or the teacher, but although Prof. Doyle was a very warm and nice woman this was my most stressful and dreaded class. Four crazy research assignments, five quizzes (but she drops the lowest grade) a film study and a few in-class writings. Not hard, but I wouldn't recommend her.

12/19/2013
good
SOC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

Prof. Doyle was an extremely warm person but the research assignments were a little insane and her grading makes no sense. Don't take Sociology at all unless you must or you really like politically correct moral relativism. Prof. Doyle does a good job of getting everyone involved, but at the same time people are scared to say something "intolerant"

10/29/2013
good
Soc 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Doyle was a very nice lady. I really liked her and felt that she cared about her students.On the other hand, there is a lot of work but it is not too overwhelming but the test are quite difficult but if you take lots of notes you should be fine.

10/09/2013
SOC 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

AWFUL!!! Idk if she thinks shes an English prof or what dude.. 100 times more writing and research then all my classes COMBINED.. Shes a very nice lady, but the work is unreal.. I have 3 other classes and a job!! Wouldn't wish her class on my worst enemies.. feel bad cause shes so nice but worst prof I've ever had, idk who you ppl are talking about

10/03/2013
good
101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is one of the best teachers I've ever had! I took her for both soc 101 and 102. Passed the class with flying colors. Its an easy class, only if you do the work and pay attention. Loved how she always kept the class interesting and tried including everyone in class discussions. I would highly recommend her!

06/20/2013
Soc102 06 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I did not like the way she taught. I thought she was very unhelpful. All the reviews she posted online were not like her test. All of her tests had rediculous open ended questions. She is a very harsh grader on assignments. Overall, I thought she was a bad teacher and would not recommend her

06/20/2013
good
soc102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was a really good glass. This teacher definitely knows her stuff. I'm glad I took this three week course. She is one of Gcc best teachers. Would recommend her to any one:-)

01/14/2013
good
SOC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is an AMAZING Professor! I loved going to her class, she made it very intersting.

12/14/2012
good
SOC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is one of the nicest professors I have ever taken at GCC. Professor Doyle drops your lowest test grade and gives exam review guides for every test. I'll be taking her again for SOC102 in the spring, even though I had no prior interest in Sociology.

06/24/2012
good

I took her class during the summer as a three week course and it was pretty intense, but very enjoyable. It's almost impossible to do well without reading the textbook because that's what all the exams are based off of. She tells you the essays in advance, but the class discussions are super fun! highly recommended!