Jill Stackhouse at Georgia Southern University

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

4/18/14

Geography

Grade ReceivedC

I honestly think this is the worst professor i've had. She teaches at Bemidji State and she is really hung up on herself. Has a snotty personality towards you if your not a favorite that talks to her every single day. I would not recommend her at all. Rude attitude.

11/6/13

Geog3440

Awesome and very helpful Teacher. Took her class in 2012 and just remembered to rate her.

6/24/12

GEOG3440

If there is another professor to take for this class then do so, otherwise your other classes will be put on the back burner and you will be spending most of your time in her office trying to figure out what the world is going on in class! Her exams are crazy hard and a lot of writing!

3/30/12

GEOG1130

She is a hard, very complex professor and also rude, but tries to cover it up with a laugh. If you don't know much about Geography, then i do not recommend taking her. She's very political, and if she calls on you in class, she expects you to know the answer. Hard class for me. Hate it.

10/11/11

GEOGGEOG

she is a fantastic teacher. very interesting lectures. she is political and takes principled stands on important matters. she also teaches a very hard upper division class. If university were easy it would be called high school

9/27/11

GEOG1130

Dr. Stackhouse is very professional. If you attend class, she learns your name and helps you as much as possible. She can't stand slackers or cell phones or sleepers. She's one of the best professors I've had. Tests are difficult and require you to take detailed notes in class and read your textbook!

4/21/11

Geog4232

At first, I enjoyed her class. Half way through the semester I was hating my life. Geog of Latin America was designed like a graduate level course. Daily textbook readings,1-2 20-40 pg case studies to read on a weekly basis and tons of group work. I am mostly an "A" student (3.5 gpa)and I got a "C" and a "D" on my exams. Extremely difficult course.

1/17/11

Geog3440

Excellent teacher. If you do the work she will give you help. Doesn't put up with slackers. If you don't want to work or come to class, don't take her as a teacher. I learned so much from her! Really helpful and allows you to redo all the assignments. There is a lot of homework. But GIS is a great class!

11/10/10

GEOG1130

Avoid if at all possible. She was extremely unhelpful when I came to her with a problem, insinuating that it was my fault and I was the one being rude. She's also way too political for a Geography teacher.

10/28/10

GEOG1130

I took her Fall of 2009. She was very easy. The map quizes were a breeze if you looked over them and she gives extra credit on them. Tests weren't too bad either...just do a good amount of studying time and you can an A, if not a high B. Like I said I took her in 2009 so she might have changed, but she was a breeze for me. Makes it interesting

5/7/10

GEOG3440

Does not come to class prepared and does not really teach the material in lectures. In lab she expects you to know everything she knows. Hardest grading teacher I have ever had. Test are essay form and difficult.Know your stuff when you ask a question or she will make you look like an idiot in front of everyone. She gives tons of lab work too.

5/3/10

geog1130

She makes her class seem really easy in the beginning of the semester then she slowly turns on the class. Eventually she comes off excessively rude and utterly useless as a teacher. I would recommend not taking the class. Her test questions are really hard. She also likes showing her vacation pictures...

3/12/10

geol1110

She is really nice. Her class is pretty average not really exciting or boring. A pretty good bit of work. A lot of the work is pretty hard but she gives a ton of extra credit. I got an A without a ton of effort

12/11/09

GEOG1130

Attendance is not mandatory but can greatly help your grade. I actually got an 88 in the class but b/c I was there regularly she knew me by name and I got the A that I wanted. Also, she builds in tons of extra credit in maps and on tests. Read the book bc the tests tend to be a bit difficult for an intro level class. I made an A but it took effort.

More Geography professors at Georgia Southern University