Mary Pyle at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Mary Pyle

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/12/14

REL0023

Grade ReceivedA+

Ms.Pyle was AMAZING! I loved her teaching style. She was very consistent and to the point. I agree with other posts, it is a shame she is retiring. Thanks again Ms.Pyle!!

5/8/14

World Rel

Grade ReceivedA+

Great teacher. Shame she is retiring. Someone mentioned no breaks. Not true. We are in college. Time for self control and learning. In working world you can't just take a break when you want. Show some respect!!

12/8/13

REL 2300

The class itself was pretty interesting, but this professor made it somewhat challenging. Most of the time she will give you an idea of what is on the test, otherwise, you just have to figure it out. She's not very organized, and can be pretty rude. Barely used the book. Not the worst teacher, but she sure makes it difficult to enjoy learning.

5/4/13

REL2300

Not a bad professor, but not a great professor either. Her class is easy, tests are easy, but the project we had to do was annoying. Had I known what I know about her now, I would have taken another professor.

12/15/12

REL2300

If you take good notes, pay attention in class and show up you will be fine. All tests are based on notes and textbook. Keep an eye on your grades in angel's gradebook, its the only way you will know what they are...

12/8/12

REL2300

Her class is slightly informative, but she bogs every religion down with trivial information. Sometimes shes extremely unorganized. Her tests aren't hard if you pay attention, and the research paper is based on going to a temple or church and writing about your experience. Overall, not too bad, but I wish I would of taken someone else.

12/6/12

PHI2300

Gave her a fair shot but semester is almost over and although I only missed 1 class she claims I missed 2. Truthfully she is not good at all with keeping up with grades and she doesn't keep the interests of the class at all. Would not recommend her at all.

7/26/12

REL2300

her class was average. she doesn't encourage much discussion although participation is required. tests were fair except the first.

12/15/11

REL2300

Very great teacher. This class is very easy and it's because she makes it easy. I learned a lot and became more cultured thanks to this class. I even learned a lot about my own religion. I strongly, strongly recommend this class to any one especially if you need a world view class, PICK THIS ONE! Thank you Mrs.Pyle.

7/16/11

REL1101

Wonderfully spirited person. Emphasizes every religion as if it was her own. Makes you understand the material, lots of class participation. Reviews before the tests. Always asks if you have any questions. Guest speakers are pretty cool. She took us on the most amazing field trip. Cannot say enough about her she is great. Definetly recommend!!!

5/16/11

ethic1600

Fair/Enough Extra Credit for an Easy A. Quizes are open book/ Pay attention/participate/Do the work Easy A. I only missed one class/ Death in the family during a huge business project but still scored well as I did all the other work. Non Stress in this class.

12/10/10

REL2300

Good teacher, expresses the content well. Not very cooperative in regards to making up missed work, considering I only missed one class all semester and I spoke with her before I left to make arrangements, she still wouldn't budge, so that's a little cause for concern but if you make the effort in class and do the work you should be fine.

7/29/10

PHI1600

Pros: Very enthusiastic teacher. Understood and explained material very well. Always encouraged discusions. Cons: Reads through power points too quickly. Quizzes online but final is in class. Very particular about CTAP paper grammar and only slightly helpful with answering questions. Overall: Great teacher for the subject! Take if you can.

4/8/09

PHI1600

WHAT CAN I SAY BUT EXTREMELY FABULOSO!!!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE GENUINE SPIRIT OF THIS KIND INDIVIDUAL. ALWAYS HELPFUL, VERY INFORMATIVE, AND A OVER ABUNDANCE OF PATIENCE. STICKS BY EDUCATION BUT MAKES SURE ITS RECIEVED TO YOUR PERSONALIZED UNDERSTANDING. TAKE HER IF YOU R PREPARED TO WORK BECAUSE SHE NOT A SLACKER. ALSO A TRUE FASHIONISTA!!!!!

3/9/09

PHI1600

She is a wonderful teacher. She gives plenty of extra credit and her quizzes were easy. She encourages a lot of discussion and assigns group work in class. She was very helpful and nice. I would take her class again.

12/5/08

PHI1600

The class if fun but challenging

11/26/05

App. Ethics

She was really nice and our final was to write a paragraph on what we thought could improve the class.

7/26/05

Ethics

She is an amazing teacher. She engages the class in great discussions. She lets everyone state thier opinions. I would highly reccomend.

12/7/04

Ethics, World R

She is a great professor. She I out on leave. I hope everything is well with her. She is an interesting teacher. If you do the work she asks for you will make an easy A

5/27/04

Ethics

Rater Interest

More Philosophy professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)